Author Topic: what have you lost in ice hole?  (Read 12532 times)

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: what have you lost in ice hole?
« Reply #60 on: Jan 29, 2008, 02:46 PM »
wind up radio kinda funny went down playing seek and destroy

Offline Wellsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and Release...keep only what you need.
« Reply #61 on: Jan 29, 2008, 02:55 PM »

A couple of pounds  :pinch:

Offline Berke99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Jan 29, 2008, 03:55 PM »
Sunday morning I dropped my portable radio down the hole.  On the same lake several years ago I had a brand new alarm clock that I used for the first time.  When I went to turn it off I knocked it off the shelf and down the hole it went.

Offline flags21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Jan 29, 2008, 06:16 PM »
3 trucks, my wifes brand new SUV. A shanty. 2 of my kids. ( throw them out there with a rope around there waste to pick up the stuff when ice is not safe  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: ) at least 4 cell phones, keys, tip ups, auger, jiggers, propane grill, propane tanks, ipod, chapstick, boots, socks, hats, gloves, tackle boxes, whole bucket of fresh bait, money, wallet, leaders, hooks, food, sunglasses, sounders, scoopers. Nothing much.  :tipup:  :tipup:    :laugh:  :laugh:  ???  ???  ???  ahhhhh

Offline mainedukblaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE CAMP!!
« Reply #64 on: Jan 29, 2008, 07:25 PM »
cell phone, right out the top pocket o my coat while reaching for a flag, a jig pole, set of car keys (got back with a magnet)... >:(
thats enough don't you think?

Offline empirej

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Round Top, ny
« Reply #65 on: Jan 29, 2008, 07:36 PM »
I lost this but was able to jig it back up!

figures that the flag did not even go up!

(Image removed from quote.)
[/leave it there and start jigginquote]

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #66 on: Jan 29, 2008, 07:37 PM »
lighter and ciggarrettes
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline hawgerdawger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Jan 30, 2008, 04:26 PM »
Lost my second skimmer Sunday. Have also donated a spud bar, a tip-down rod and a small camera tripod.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." --Unknown

Offline Luffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag up!
« Reply #68 on: Jan 30, 2008, 09:03 PM »
Fish

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #69 on: Jan 30, 2008, 09:06 PM »
last weekend i knocked 3 brand new genz worms down the hole, and lost my camera down the hole

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Jan 30, 2008, 09:29 PM »
Another ice fisherman found my pole, with a dead slab redear carcass on the end...True story, I just found out this year.....

Last yr I was at Nyona, had a pole in for gills and jiggin for bass thru another hole 10 ft away. I was peeking around my shanty to keep eye on the gill pole and one time i looked and it was gone....Here's the interesting part, this yr I got a new underwater camera. And talking to another guy about it. He said last yr he was showing a guy how his worked. The guy was watching the monitor while the guy turned the camera. The guy yelled stop, i see a pole. They fished the pole out and it had a big slab redear on the end, half rotten.

I described the pole and pointed to the place where it went in, and the guy told me. Yep, that's the pole and the place they found it....

Luckily it was only a $5 pan pole and not one of my good ones.....It was my fault, I know better than not to lay the tip on the other side of the hole, but I didn't....

Loosing the pole didn't upset me as much as loosen the slab redear....

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline Buck762

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
« Reply #71 on: Jan 31, 2008, 06:58 AM »
I've lost a frabill thermal tip-up spool, with a pike hooked on the other end, a small tackle box full of ice jigs, an ice rod that a fish pulled out of my unexpecting hands, and a big 'ol venison sausage that we actually saw freefall past the aqua-vu camera.

Offline storminnorman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Jan 31, 2008, 07:07 AM »
lost a swiss army knife that was engraved with mt initials on the blade. got for standing up in one of my friends wedding. lost last year. i had the knife for 10 yrs. used it for just about everything. was a sad day.

Offline I walk on water!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Feb 02, 2008, 09:31 PM »
lost some car keys smeltin once somehow managed to get them back after about 2 hours. I lost my sanity on the ice a long time ago

Offline SLIPPERYFISH

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Got to get on the ice
« Reply #74 on: Feb 02, 2008, 10:19 PM »
A nice walleye   :'(

Offline Buck762

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
« Reply #75 on: Feb 03, 2008, 11:27 AM »
I've lost a frabill thermal tip-up spool, with a pike hooked on the other end, a small tackle box full of ice jigs, an ice rod that a fish pulled out of my unexpecting hands, and a big 'ol venison sausage that we actually saw freefall past the aqua-vu camera.

I also just lost a $10 frabill tip-up light night fishing walleye yesterday. It was flashing on the bottom of the lake so i knocked it over with my Aqua-Vu camera so it would stop!

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Feb 03, 2008, 03:59 PM »
I was setting up my Heritage trap and when I went to put my fish on the flag went down the hole, by shear Luck I was able to hook it with my jig pole

Offline brookiebandit13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Feb 03, 2008, 08:12 PM »
luckily in 3 years of ice fishing all ive lost was a sounder. I keep a locktight grip on my scoops,  and never leave jigging line in the water if im not holdin the rod.
But as clumsy as i am im sure to lose something else ;D ;D ;D
 :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
Tight Lines!   >=)))))))))))))))'> <'((((((((((((((((=<

Offline oneman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Feb 04, 2008, 02:09 AM »
A buddy of mine lost his jigging rod down a hole in one lake and then come summer at another lake he heard a guy saying how he caught this jigging rod while out in his boat exactly where my buddy lost his rod, with an exact description of the rod my buddy lost. He didn't have the courage to ask for it back. LOL
There is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Offline chezmoose

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Feb 04, 2008, 11:15 AM »
I dropped our GPS down the hole on Lake Mitchell last year. It was on a lanyard around my neck and I went to take my coat off in the shanty and somehow pulled the lanyard right up over my head. Sploosh! Down the hole it went. Worst part was having to tell my husband what I just did. It had all his favorite fishing ice fishing spots marked on it. I rigged a big treble hook with a couple bell sinkers and was actually able to snag the lanyard and retrieve it, but in the 20 minutes it took to get it back, it filled with water. So much for being waterproof! Had to send it in to Garmin for repair but they were not able to fix it. They sent us a different one but we lost all our waypoints. I doubt I'll ever live that down....

Official Treasurer of the M.I.R.C.
                                    Membership dues payable now

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
« Reply #80 on: Feb 20, 2008, 03:19 PM »
lost many good nights sleep, and all the usual, poles, scoops, and dozens of bells.

An Ice Fisherman is a man who spends cold days sitting on the ice doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Offline chezmoose

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Feb 20, 2008, 03:47 PM »
Came across this on youtube. Too funny!  :roflmao: :clap:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mIyrS0BCvb0

Offline Smitty71

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Feb 20, 2008, 03:50 PM »
Chalk up one light tazer for me.  Had a 14+ crappie up to the top of the hole and my hook pulled out.  Bent down, flicked the fish onto the ice and lost the tazer all in about half a second. 

Smitty

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Feb 21, 2008, 10:31 AM »
Lost my dads new spud,man was he pissed,that was 25 years ago and I'll never forget the look on his face!

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
« Reply #84 on: Feb 21, 2008, 10:33 AM »
Chalk up one light tazer for me.  Had a 14+ crappie up to the top of the hole and my hook pulled out.  Bent down, flicked the fish onto the ice and lost the tazer all in about half a second. 

Smitty
Whats a light tazer?

An Ice Fisherman is a man who spends cold days sitting on the ice doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Offline chezmoose

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #85 on: Feb 21, 2008, 10:46 AM »

But at least you got the fish!!  :thumbsup:

Offline Smitty71

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Feb 21, 2008, 10:55 AM »
Perch,

A tazer is a light that you charge your glow lures with.  Looks a lot like a key chain.  Probably not the correct terminology, but that's what the guys call it around here.

Chez,

Yeah, the fish made up for the loss! 

Offline InTheRiver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #87 on: Feb 21, 2008, 11:05 AM »
Pliers, lighters, phone, scoop, lures x5, 1 pole.

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
« Reply #88 on: Feb 21, 2008, 11:09 AM »
Perch,

A tazer is a light that you charge your glow lures with.  Looks a lot like a key chain.  Probably not the correct terminology, but that's what the guys call it around here.
Just got one of those in a kit of glo jigs this year, didn't know they had a name, still am not convinced they work either. seem to catch just as many on my non-glowing lures. :-)  Thanks for the clarification.

Offline Smitty71

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #89 on: Feb 21, 2008, 11:15 AM »
I can tell you one thing perch....  the night I lost the tazer I was fishing with a blue ratso after dark.  Everytime I'd charge the lure and drop it down.....  BAAAMMMMM!!!!  I'd get 3-4 red marks on the vex and have a fish on in less than a few minutes, if not sooner.  As soon as I lost the tazer, they didn't want anything to do with the ratso.  Tried to charge it off the lantern but didn't have the same effect.  I'm a believer!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.