Author Topic: Things that get annoying.......  (Read 7837 times)

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Things that get annoying.......
« Reply #60 on: Oct 12, 2014, 04:44 AM »
Annoying eh?
Dogs.....dogs are annoying most of the time
Cross country skiers are always annoying. It's inevitable, they trudge up to your shanty and ask "catching anything?"
Drunks.......drunks are always annoying. If you want to get falling down stupid, stay home.

In general, if you want to find me on the ice, look way out there past the last of the shacks. I'll be out a ways further ;D

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #61 on: Oct 12, 2014, 11:18 AM »
The "friends" who call you up all week making plans to fish, then don't show up when its time to go. Got a couple who will then call mid day wanting to know if your catching any.

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #62 on: Oct 12, 2014, 11:39 AM »
After a 2 hour drive, get all set up around 10 am, and your buddy tells you "The wife says I have to be home by 4:00 PM..."  :%$#!:     Better start walking now, Scooter.   ;) 
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Oct 12, 2014, 03:22 PM »
The "friends" who call you up all week making plans to fish, then don't show up when its time to go. Got a couple who will then call mid day wanting to know if your catching any.

Had that happen once so I left without them. They were turning on my street and I pretended not to see them.
Then I called them after landing a 5# rainbow trout.
They weren't late without calling for the next year or so.
But yeah that's super annoying.
KasilofChrisN
"I listen to the voices in my tackle box"

Offline Retiredbum

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Oct 12, 2014, 05:00 PM »
Believe it or not. The most annoying was this guy that had walked out on the ice during a wind storm and I was the only fisherman on the ice. And he started preaching to me about God. Only that could happen to me.

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Oct 12, 2014, 05:02 PM »
biggest pet peeve of all is when people waste fish. it's nearly epidemic in my area, once i had to salvage about 30 6" bluegill that someone left on the ice shortly before i showed up to the lake.

next up is people with a loud radio. my sport is fishing, i could not care less about the local college basketball game, especially when i can hear it from 500 yards away. also, i can deal with rock and roll or even country music. but if you're blaring rap, dubstep, or most of the modern pop music; i'm gonna start wishing i had a potato cannon.

lastly, cigarette butts and sunflower seed shells. i know the shells will decompose relatively quickly compared to other things, but is it so hard to bring along a spit bottle? you know you're gonna be spitting seeds, please just pack it out. cigarette butts for the same reason.

less of a peeve or annoyance, but i'm not a terribly talkative person. i'm fine with a few minutes of conversation, and i've made a few friendships with people whose names i still do not know. but if i'm fishing alone, i'm almost certainly doing so because i really just want to get away from the world for a while.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #66 on: Oct 12, 2014, 06:09 PM »
Believe it or not. The most annoying was this guy that had walked out on the ice during a wind storm and I was the only fisherman on the ice. And he started preaching to me about God. Only that could happen to me.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #67 on: Oct 12, 2014, 06:41 PM »

" Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. "
Well....maybe he was either A. hungry  or  B. one of those sociable types we heard about looking to make friends and learn your secrets when you didn't invite him?   ;D.

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Oct 12, 2014, 07:23 PM »
My biggest complaint are friends who tag along at the last minute never buy bait or gas.   Use your stuff and don't take care of it and where were they preseason when getting ready.

Offline ff318

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Oct 12, 2014, 09:36 PM »
guys on sleds that drive 50mph+ through ice traps as if there a obstetrical course

ice fisherman that pull there traps but leave pine branches to mark there traps...that arent there anymore.
flag em and tag em

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #70 on: Oct 13, 2014, 12:40 PM »
People who give advice or opinions on products they dont own and have never used...And are adamant about it even with people who have/us the product..  ugh...
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline tightliner812

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Oct 13, 2014, 09:27 PM »
People that want everyone to tell them where the Safe ice is . You know the one ones that don't want to get out of the house and do there own home work to find good ice . And most of the time these people want you to tell them where the hot bite is too .

Offline thomasthepikehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Oct 13, 2014, 10:22 PM »
People that want everyone to tell them where the Safe ice is . You know the one ones that don't want to get out of the house and do there own home work to find good ice . And most of the time these people want you to tell them where the hot bite is too .

Or the people who think its funny you wont go out on (insert any number) inches of ice. I personally wont fish on less than 4", and that's not far from shore. So when when the ice is 2.5" and doesn't crack when you stand on it, don't try to make me the bad guy when I turn down your invite to fish 2 miles down the shore. I also won't risk my life driving on questionable ice, I couldn't care less about my truck (but I would hate to pay someone to get it out). When all you see is quads out, you are going to have to walk with me.

Possibly the best ice fishing advice I ever got from my dad, "don't be the first one to drive out."
-Tom

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Oct 29, 2014, 10:54 PM »
My only annoyance is someone getting to close without asking, I actually look forward to the social aspect of ice fishing, and if you ask to set up close, I will almost always say yes. I only ice or summer fish with one or two close friends and my family, that is it, so I do not experience a lot of the dead beat (no bait, no rod, etc.) stories.

Talking about, and fishing all day is very relaxing for me and time spent with my family is everything to me. I have a portable ice shack, but would sooner sit in the open, I like watching what is going on, and really enjoy talking to people who stop by. I only ice fish lakes that I have previously fished in the summer, and GPS'd the humps, in my area the walleye concentrate on these humps a lot in the winter.

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Oct 30, 2014, 06:13 AM »
Ex-wives that want you to teach their new husbands how to ice fish so he can take your kids out-I just hope he can swim!!!
Be Safe, Be Smart, Have a Great Time!!!

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #75 on: Oct 30, 2014, 06:37 AM »
Ex-wives that want you to teach their new husbands how to ice fish so he can take your kids out-I just hope he can swim!!!

PFF I'd tell her to pound it!
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Oct 30, 2014, 06:46 AM »
Or the people who think its funny you wont go out on (insert any number) inches of ice. I personally wont fish on less than 4", and that's not far from shore. So when when the ice is 2.5" and doesn't crack when you stand on it, don't try to make me the bad guy when I turn down your invite to fish 2 miles down the shore. I also won't risk my life driving on questionable ice, I couldn't care less about my truck (but I would hate to pay someone to get it out). When all you see is quads out, you are going to have to walk with me.

Possibly the best ice fishing advice I ever got from my dad, "don't be the first one to drive out."
x2. 4" is my minimum as well.....and that's with Arctic Armour floatation bibs and life jacket

Offline SoDakdick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Oct 30, 2014, 08:32 AM »
I tell people where there is safe ice and I ask because its part of the brotherhood of ice fisherman. I know I couldn't live with myself if someone died because I didn't tell them the ice was not safe.

Keep your stick on the ice we are all in this together.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #78 on: Oct 30, 2014, 08:47 AM »
A person who wants you to furnish bobber stops, get minnows out of the bucket for him when he is right next to it, expects you to give up your chair and sit on a bucket for him, throws his trash on the floor of your shack and wants to leave all of his equipment in your wheelhouse because "he will be going with you next time anyway". Wrongo bucko.  >:(
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #79 on: Oct 30, 2014, 09:05 AM »
People who give advice or opinions on products they dont own and have never used...And are adamant about it even with people who have/us the product..  ugh...
I think we all know one of those.  :o
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline wizzard77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #80 on: Oct 30, 2014, 09:21 AM »
#3 instigators

#2 drunks, especially a person that you are unfamiliar with, you dont know if they are a guy thats just having a good time or if he's someone that you have to babysit just to make sure that he/she does'nt hurt themselves or someone else.

#1 the worst of all, the combo of an instigator and a drunk
My gramps always said that if you work hard at something it'll come easy

Offline JiggerDan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #81 on: Oct 30, 2014, 09:51 AM »
Seemingly educated people who say "your" instead of "you're". ::) Like, get a dictionary! :pinch:
Jesus ain't the only one who walks on water!

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Oct 30, 2014, 06:35 PM »
PFF I'd tell her to pound it!
I did-and not that nice- but the kids want me to teach him because I dont always take them-they wont stay out all day like me!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #83 on: Oct 30, 2014, 06:54 PM »
I wouldn't ever let my kids go out on the ice with a greenhorn.....no matter who he was...or wasn't! Just my $.02.

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Oct 30, 2014, 07:19 PM »
I wouldn't ever let my kids go out on the ice with a greenhorn.....no matter who he was...or wasn't! Just my $.02.
I agree But if he wants to take ( this is to piss me off) at least I can teach them the right safety measures and I have provided them with the water activated PFD's. I also gave him a very dull 8 inch hand auger.

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #85 on: Oct 31, 2014, 06:07 AM »
I also gave him a very dull 8 inch hand auger.

Now that is funny LOL
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #86 on: Oct 31, 2014, 09:40 AM »
What is it with the younger generation that they have to talk 197 MPH? Too much Texting or what?
Go to a checkout and you get "wouldyouliketoputthiso nyourBestBuycarddoyouw antabag?"  :%$#!:

Offline thomasthepikehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #87 on: Oct 31, 2014, 06:34 PM »
When its only 6:34 and out of candy to give out to kids.
-Tom

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Oct 31, 2014, 08:30 PM »
When its only 6:34 and out of candy to give out to kids.

Now you can be more like Walter Matthau in grumpy old men and give out staplers and laundry detergent. ;D
KasilofChrisN
"I listen to the voices in my tackle box"

Offline TIP DOWN BUD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #89 on: Oct 31, 2014, 09:11 PM »
When your buddies always ask to borrow your gear because they're to cheap to go buy they're own stuff.

When your the only person on the lake and people come and drill holes literally right next to you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.