Author Topic: Things that get annoying.......  (Read 7834 times)

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Things that get annoying.......
« on: Oct 06, 2014, 08:52 PM »
1. The guy who has a good sonar screen only to hit a button and run interferance with everyone in the shack causing mass chaos of shack button punching..
2. The guy who can't set his sonar then messes with it once its set and wants you to fix it.
3. The guy that can't put on a slip bobber & thinks you should do his.
4. The guy that tries to jig your fish away to his lure when you have a fish on your sonar.

Starting the annoying list.....add some more.

Offline Muskyrush

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Things that get annoying.......
« Reply #1 on: Oct 06, 2014, 09:07 PM »
When guys fire up gas augers in three feet of water, with three inches of ice

When the fin bust off your favorite rapala when your on a school of fish

When you sit on a jig and can't find it when  it's in your bibs

When you have ice build up on the spool of your spinning reel and it stops reeling when you have a fish on.

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2014, 09:15 PM »
People that are more than willing to "share" their music with the whole lake

obnoxious snowmobilers

Drunks

Offline rags

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 06, 2014, 09:17 PM »
A fishing buddy that only brings himself ( no rods , no bait , no gas and you drive )

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 06, 2014, 09:25 PM »
A fishing buddy that only brings himself ( no rods , no bait , no gas and you drive )

Fishing buddy implies that you keep fishing with them...WHY? Life is to short and fishing time is to important to fish with some one like that... Sounds more like a obligation than a fishing buddy...

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 06, 2014, 09:32 PM »
Trashies! Accidental trash can happen always pic up if I see any laying around throw in a bucket. People sinking cans throwing bottle caps on ice and cig butts just make for a nasty looking mess. Other than that I don't have any issues.

Offline MNLumpy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Oct 06, 2014, 09:35 PM »
Slush!

Offline PRICE COUNTY STRIKE ZONE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 06, 2014, 09:39 PM »
People who let their kids ride their atv/snomobile non-stop around other shacks.
     Beer: So much more than a breakfast drink.  - Homer Simpson

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Oct 06, 2014, 09:48 PM »
When the ice is getting close to be safe and we get a warm up that ruins it.
People who give or post smart a** answers to people's questions or posts, remember none of us knew everything right off the bat even though some thing they did.

Offline ICEANGLER650

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Some people go to shrinks I go jigging!
« Reply #9 on: Oct 06, 2014, 10:41 PM »
Guys coming out when the bites on and firing up there augers and boring 50 holes while im marking eyes drives me nuts START YOUR ENGINES BRAAAAAAAAAA BRAAAAAA BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA COME ON get out early and get set up early before bite.

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #10 on: Oct 06, 2014, 10:50 PM »
Random fishermen who come up to you who ask for bait when they "forgot" theirs.
Be who you are and don't listen to others that say you shouldn't. That's how life should be lived as.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #11 on: Oct 06, 2014, 10:51 PM »
Guys coming out when the bites on and firing up there augers and boring 50 holes while im marking eyes drives me nuts START YOUR ENGINES BRAAAAAAAAAA BRAAAAAA BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA COME ON get out early and get set up early before bite.

Good one electric augers and the clam drill plate should help with that.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #12 on: Oct 06, 2014, 10:58 PM »
Random fishermen who come up to you who ask for bait when they "forgot" theirs.

What about they guys who had bait and ran out on a hot bite.

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #13 on: Oct 06, 2014, 11:05 PM »

I'd then put on a convincing smile and say, "Show me the fish!" as I try to fish with him so we can "both use the bait". He gets his bait and I get some fish. Win, win!  ;)
Be who you are and don't listen to others that say you shouldn't. That's how life should be lived as.

Offline Handy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Oct 07, 2014, 12:49 AM »
1lb propane bottles left behind by somebody before me. People who follow me around on the ice from spot to spot like I will lead them to the fish(total strangers) I do catch fish but I'm not that good. Fine if they strike up a chat but don't shadow me thats just creepy, then I get paranoid and constantly make sure my gear is within reach.

Offline jthod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Oct 07, 2014, 12:51 AM »
When you just get a fresh know on a new jig, drop it down, and let the line get too close to the heater.

Dodging flying five gallon buckets while fishing an ice tournament in 68MPH winds on a lake with random open holes from stupid Nebraska mid winter rain and 5 days of high wind.

Offline sandhillguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Oct 07, 2014, 03:02 AM »
When you get on a hot bite on a nice day when you dont need your flip over and some snoop with binoc's sees you pullin up fish, so he packs up his gear and decides to poke holes and post up within 20ft of you with his back to ya and never says a word.
Dude... really? Im already sittin here staring at a hole in the ice in anticipation, some individuals (people who dont ice-fish) would say our cheese has slid off our cracker sittin out there doing so... and they just might be right...... so you best get outta my damn bubble.......lol

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Oct 07, 2014, 03:47 AM »

Buy extra bait extra tackle or home made jigs. Be amazed how much stuff you can sell on the ice. Paid for my gas plenty of times! 

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Oct 07, 2014, 04:36 AM »
For me it is people who come over to where I am fishing and try to hit me up for fishing info. You know the ones who you don't even know who are fishing nowhere near you but snowmachine over to see how you are doing.
"catching anything?" "What did you catch that big one on?" "You ever have much luck anywhere else on this lake?""What is the hot bait today?"
"What is that thing with the colored flashing lights?" etc. etc.
If you forgot your bait or run out you should at least offer some cash or a trade for some jigs or something.Don't expect me to give it to you for free unless I know you.
KasilofChrisN
"I listen to the voices in my tackle box"

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Oct 07, 2014, 05:33 AM »
Guys who think they own the public lake. You know the ones they have holes all over. You move in and try to fish some of them (The ones they are not fishing) and they blow up on ya. Or the ones that moved to the spots you were on the day before (they saw ya pulling fish up) and then get mad when you drill some more holes in that area. (You are scaring the fish) Because all the old holes are froze over.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline TeamBlueGear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Oct 07, 2014, 05:36 AM »
I hate the wind and the either loud or drunk or loud and drunk guys at 7am dropping the F bomb when kids are around...the huts aren't sound proof dumb azz!
Life moves too fast, if you don't stop and look around you just might miss something.....Ferris Buler

Offline JiggerDan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Oct 07, 2014, 06:41 AM »
Sounds like my nephew. :whistle: But what's family for? ;)2
Jesus ain't the only one who walks on water!

Offline JiggerDan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Oct 07, 2014, 06:46 AM »
Idiots who do donuts with their four wheelers or worse, their trucks!
Jesus ain't the only one who walks on water!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #23 on: Oct 07, 2014, 07:25 AM »
Idjits like this when you're trying to fish/enjoy some quiet. Hope they're neutered.  ::)

“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline thomasthepikehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Oct 07, 2014, 08:37 AM »
For me it is people who come over to where I am fishing and try to hit me up for fishing info. You know the ones who you don't even know who are fishing nowhere near you but snowmachine over to see how you are doing.
"catching anything?" "What did you catch that big one on?" "You ever have much luck anywhere else on this lake?""What is the hot bait today?"
"What is that thing with the colored flashing lights?" etc. etc.
If you forgot your bait or run out you should at least offer some cash or a trade for some jigs or something.Don't expect me to give it to you for free unless I know you.

You mean being sociable? Yeah I hate that.

I have never had someone come over and ask for bait, but I have had people randomly offer theirs when they were leaving. I guess not everyone wants bait stink in their basement.

My number one pet peeve is when people drive where ever they want. I get the ones who just want to bomb through snow banks, and other off road fun, I do it too. The ones I am talking about are the ones who drive right by you fishing when there is a plowed road 100 yards away. Usually just my tip ups are in danger. I mark them as well as I can. One time a guy came barreling in and I thought that tip up was done for. At the last minute he turned around it, stopped to stare at it, then went on his way. I then put buckets out to divert traffic around my tip ups. The next guy decided to turn off the road to drive right through my line of buckets. I even got out of my fish house and pointed him around, and he just waved and drove right through. I had a one tip up less than 10 yards from my fish house. The next guy drove between my tip up and fish house. What if I had a kid with who was running around? This should be common sense.  :%$#!:

This isn't really an annoyance, but why do people stop to look at my tip ups? The flags not up, what is there to see?

One thing I hate is people who fish or even set tip ups in the plowed road. It is the one place you can drive without worry, for gods sake's drill on the other side of the snow bank.

One thing I like, but some may hate is when people stop to watch you catch a fish. Last year when I had my PB pike of 15 pounds on, the 10 minute fight drew quite the crowd. 4 trucks stopped, a guy I had been chatting with on a snowmobile was there, and a few others. It was nice when I pulled that tank out of the hole for all to see. Luckily they used common sense and started fishing a good distance away.

The funniest thing was when I decided to mess with people. I set a tip up right by the road, but with the flag up. People would come by and watch it for 5 minutes or more. The humor was well worth the wasted line. I was catching plenty on one, plus I had a few people with.
-Tom

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #25 on: Oct 07, 2014, 09:30 AM »
People on the ice who think they own the lake. I fish perch a lot and believe they are attracted to noise. I have watched on my camera as a snowbear went past me several times with a large school of perch swimming along with it. The same day a guy drilled holes about 100 feet from me and a school of perch went by me in the direction of the noise. Sometimes I will walk around my shack to get them more active. I have also seen days when perch were spooky when the noise was excessive in an area. Often times people stop by to see if I'm catching anything. One thing I find funny is being in my shelter and hearing someone yell "Fish on!!". That's a great invitation to some folks to pay a visit.
 :o ;D

It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline smitty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Oct 07, 2014, 09:42 AM »
Meteorologist who are so damn happy when they announce the winter forecast for the week and beond as warm and sunny and the news anchor is smiling saying "great forecast".  While we are staring at the TV ready to jump through it and  beat the ... well you know what I'am talking about
Drives me nuts

smitty :tipup:

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Oct 07, 2014, 09:44 AM »
1. The drunk moron who thinks its OK to urinate right behind and on  your pop up shack then gets pissed off    when you shovel the the yellow snow into his sled.
2. The guy with the ATV or truck that breaks up the launch and makes 5 trips back to the launch because they forgot something.... :%$#!:
3. The 10 inch half hole full of human poo covered over with snow until some steps in it....
4. The snowmobiles and ATV riders that do laps around your fishing area when the rest of the lake is empty .. **censored**
Be Safe, Be Smart, Have a Great Time!!!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #28 on: Oct 07, 2014, 09:47 AM »
Meteorologist who are so damn happy when they announce the winter forecast for the week and beond as warm and sunny and the news anchor is smiling saying "great forecast".  While we are staring at the TV ready to jump through it and  beat the ... well you know what I'am talking about
Drives me nuts

smitty :tipup:

:thumbsup: :clap: :clap:
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #29 on: Oct 07, 2014, 10:36 AM »
Bosses who think you're taking sick days to ice fish. And are usually correct.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.