Author Topic: anyone planning on any new equipment??  (Read 15652 times)

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: anyone planning on any new equipment??
« Reply #90 on: Sep 12, 2004, 05:04 PM »
Trophy Hunter,
200 jigs :P
Whatcha get...whatcha get!
RG
Well my jigs arrived yesterday @20cents a piece(good around here) I got a colourfull assortment of 1/8oz 1/16oz and my favourite for perch under the ice 1/32oz jigs.Just a start I want to get some acme kastmasters too they are deadly for everything pike walleye perch tullibee burbot i even caught a bullhead on one ;DThinking about trying tip-ups this year but don't know squat about how to use them.Also what is a good flasher for extreme cold weather I would really like to have one of those presently fish the run and gun method drill a hole no bites in 10mins see ya on to the next spot would be nice to see what is down there instead of just guessing.

I would start with the links below for answers and then if you have more questions I am sure someone on here would be able to answer them for you.

Tipup

Flashers

Good Luck

George

Thanks a lot George :thumbsup:

Offline scuba

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #91 on: Sep 12, 2004, 05:53 PM »
Hey TrophyHunter, those fellows you bought the jigs from, also know alot about tip-up fishing. I am sure they would be more than happy to share some info on that matter.

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #92 on: Sep 12, 2004, 09:09 PM »
Well considering I just bought about 40 ice fishing tackle box's it is now time to fill a few with my favourite jigs. I know you now are thinking what the hell did you buy so many for. Well for the last month our local coop has had a combo full of these beauties going for $1 for two. You cannot beat that price as they go for $5 at the local tackle shop. I intend to give some away for presents and when I meet new members of this board they will get one as a welcome gift. Which reminds me Stevie B and Trophy I owe you two. I started getting these after I met the two of you. The grumpster already has one that I gave him last week. Stevie I will need to order some jigs off you buddy!!! :tipup: :tipup:
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #93 on: Sep 13, 2004, 11:07 AM »
Cool thanks BW!!As for the jigs DO IT! very nice jigs and a great price doesn't get any better than that!Scuba i will have to talk to Stevie about tip-ups.Man I can't wait for the hardwater to get here.I'm already trying to talk all my family to pitch in and get me only one present for christmas this beauty!!                                                         

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #94 on: Sep 13, 2004, 08:58 PM »
Trophy hunter, that would sure beat the socks and underpanties I am sure to get.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #95 on: Sep 17, 2004, 07:02 AM »
I just bought a couple of Salmo Chubby Darters for the first time. I've heard good reports about them and hope they pull in fish like others have said.
Ken                                          

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #96 on: Sep 17, 2004, 08:58 AM »
Thanks to RG and all of the lure sites he gave me, I've beefed up the jig stock by 10 dozen.  Once the shops get their rods in I plan on getting two more and a new reel.
Follow the bubbles...

ice sled

« Reply #97 on: Sep 18, 2004, 08:22 AM »
 :tipup: I am getting a new power auger, Vexilar, and new outer wear core tex.

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #98 on: Feb 23, 2005, 01:46 PM »
MY list in no particular order:

Gas auger
Shanty
Vexilar

Anyone have any cash I can have?????
great news i found this huge bag of cash that i cant find any use for so ill just fed ex it right up to you!!do you think you could meet the truck at the border!?

Sounds good to me bra, when and where? P.S. Got the auger, just need the shanty and vexilar..........

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #99 on: Feb 23, 2005, 02:13 PM »
For next season there will be a shanty and there is also some interest in a camera or vexilar. Not sure at this point which one.

Offline BlackIce

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • R U Scared?
« Reply #100 on: Feb 23, 2005, 02:48 PM »
For next season there will be a shanty and there is also some interest in a camera or vexilar. Not sure at this point which one.

Vex for sure.  Camera can wait another year.  The camera is a lot of fun to watch but the vex is a motre useful tool.
R.I.P. Grandpa D. 1-6-10

PIKEGUY

« Reply #101 on: Feb 23, 2005, 02:49 PM »
So.....Who broke down and bought all the stuff they were talking about getting this fall??? I personally bought a new jig pole, a mini otter, some new jigs, and (by far my favorite) a Vexilar fl-8se that I wasn't planning on (thanks Iceshanty members for talking me into that) ;D ;D

Offline LoveIce

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #102 on: Feb 23, 2005, 06:00 PM »
New portable ice shack and camera ;D
YOU DONT HAVE A FLASHER what are you nuts.

MikeThePike

« Reply #103 on: Feb 23, 2005, 07:04 PM »
Just ordered the underwater camera & will probably be adding a Vex to my arsenal over the off season. Also probably gonna pick up a few more Heritage Laker tip-ups so I have a matching set as my 5 traps.

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #104 on: Feb 23, 2005, 08:22 PM »
4x4 quad,new Trap Pro and a FLI8

PIKEGUY

« Reply #105 on: Feb 24, 2005, 07:37 AM »
Skulldugary, that's a pretty good addition huh!

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #106 on: Feb 24, 2005, 08:35 AM »
Pikeguy,my old quad is 17 years old,2whell drive and on it's last leg,my shany is old,my electronics is old and so am I.so it's time for some new stuff.

PIKEGUY

« Reply #107 on: Feb 24, 2005, 08:54 AM »
RIGHT ON!

Offline UPSTATE ICEMASTER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Powers Of "FISH ATTRACTANT"
« Reply #108 on: Feb 24, 2005, 09:02 AM »
 Ill be adding a new vexilar fl 18 to my equipment and i would like to get a new fish trap  ;D
" JUST TRYIN TO GET HER DONE"

Offline butterworm

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • the presidents office.
« Reply #109 on: Feb 24, 2005, 09:40 AM »
Ill be adding a new vexilar fl 18 to my equipment and i would like to get a new fish trap  ;D
i hope to sell my trap guide and buy a neww frabril along with avexlar. if all fails i will at least have the vex for next season. :tipup:

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #110 on: Feb 24, 2005, 10:07 AM »
i want a underwater camera i say raddesters and fell in love it makes long days fun and is also a good learning tool to see what the fish like dislike and how they react t odifferent things im in love  :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.