Author Topic: Have you lost anything down the hole?  (Read 12944 times)

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Have you lost anything down the hole?
« Reply #60 on: Jan 13, 2005, 09:11 AM »

I jigged it back up though!

Offline BellyupFeetdanglin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Jan 13, 2005, 02:37 PM »
one time I lost a fish down the hole.  Just once though ;D

Offline shaved ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Jan 14, 2005, 12:54 AM »
a fly box full of ice jigs, probably 50 or 60 bucks worth, last year a metal ice scoop I have had for 20 years , in 14 fow, tied a jigging rapala on and played for 30 minutes and finally snagged it. good thing it was a slow day.

Offline nyiceman23

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • WALKING ON WATER
« Reply #63 on: Jan 03, 2009, 08:13 PM »
I fished the pond this morning and the bite was on the whole time.  Caught about 150 perch, but only 40 keepers which was great for the first time out. 

Morning was ruined at 8:30, when I tried to talk on my newtouch screen LG Dare phone and catch a fish wrapped around my Vexilar puck.  Phone slipped off my ear, and you bet right into the whole. :-[  I almost saved her before she said good bye.  I could look down and see my phone ringing as I fished.  What an awful feeling.  My fishing buddy had alot ammunition on me the rest of the day to say the least.  GF was not happy when I told her the news since she just bought it for me 2wks ago. :(

Offline nbguy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Death is certain, fishing isn't.
« Reply #64 on: Jan 03, 2009, 08:20 PM »
Anything dropped will bounce 15 times them go down a hole. :%$#!:

Offline Moto21

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FISH ON!!!!
« Reply #65 on: Jan 03, 2009, 08:30 PM »
Cant believe no one has said it yet but spud bar.  That's a classic.
~Brad

Offline Sluggo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • On the ice it's twice as nice!
« Reply #66 on: Jan 03, 2009, 10:08 PM »
Bunch of buddies were at the shack last night and somehow my Rapala pliers, forceps and 2 pairs of Gerber scissors ended up at the bottom of a hole.  Looks like I'll have to show up a little earlier on Tuesday and jig them out.  Should be fairly easy with the Atlantis camera and a weighted treble hook.  At least they are all together in the tool holder / belt clip thing.

Lombardy, Ontario, Canada

Offline Buck762

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
« Reply #67 on: Jan 03, 2009, 10:57 PM »
Wow thi post was started back in'04!

Offline BaitWrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #68 on: Jan 04, 2009, 12:52 AM »
Cant believe no one has said it yet but spud bar.  That's a classic.

Happened to my father when he was younger.  Spud bar went through, so him and his buddies marked the hole.  They all worked at a textile mill, so the next day they went there and borrowed an electro magnet, went back to the pond and got the spud bar back, lol.

Offline 3beagles

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #69 on: Jan 04, 2009, 07:56 AM »
I was fishing with my son one day and he was landing a pike while I was getting some pictures.  After he landed the pike we looked around for his scoop and figured it was buried in the snow but we couldn't find it.  Finally we figured it must have gone down the hole.  When I checked the pictures, sure enough I captured it on film just as it was disappearing down the hole!  We went back the next day with a magnet on a rope and retrieved it!
Mike

Offline gotta fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Jan 04, 2009, 08:06 AM »
Two years ago i lost my 10" auger of a old strike master my fault lack of maintenance
my Holiday on ice has nothing to do with a mouse or an auditorium

Offline trapper_max

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Jan 04, 2009, 08:09 AM »
i dropped a flash lite yesterday :(

Offline Adam Bomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye Fanatic
« Reply #72 on: Jan 04, 2009, 09:33 AM »
Last year there was a group of us out fishing in about 12' of water. My cousin came out fishing that night and sat in the Shanty with my Aunt. At dark theyre collapsing the Otter shanty when she drops my Uncles $80.00 Browning Flashlight down the hole. Mind you its pitch black out. We look down the hole and can see the light shining. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: So, i get the ole Jiffy out, bore a hole and drop my jig down. On the very first attempt i hooked the light on the rim of the light just infront of the lense. I reel it up, and they used it to finish putting the shany down. :laugh:
Get your MOJO rising.
Adam

Offline idahopanfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Jan 04, 2009, 09:39 AM »
Just lost a ice spoon yesterday, ste it down on my bench and it fell of with the handle heading towards the hole and the momentum of the fall kept it sliding and down it went.
Michael
Keep looking to the East
He will be coming in the clouds.

Offline Baxter1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Jan 04, 2009, 11:25 AM »
Ice scoop and a pair of glasses  and a few jigs.A buddy lost a schooley ice rod I snagged the line and got it back for him.
HAVE A CRAPPIE DAY

Offline geo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Jan 04, 2009, 11:33 AM »
what a great topic. How about an auger, ice scoop, jigging stick, 2 traps, like 200 sounders, and oh heres a funny story. one time on a local pond we were fishing late season and there was 6 inches of water all over the lake. we cut a hole in the middle and the water started draining down the hole and created a whirlpool like stream of water being sucked down the hole. we fish a few hours with no luck so we had a race to the hole. what we overlooked is that the hole was now 6' wide my friend and i saw this too late and slipped rite into the hole laughing the whole time, the water was cold, but it was 60 degrees out. So i lost myself and a friend down a hole, but we both were retrieved!!

Offline yukon

• IceShanty Rookie
  • leaving the ice sometimes as hard as going to work
« Reply #76 on: Jan 08, 2009, 05:27 PM »
So far a cell phone and a thermos cup,oh and a few fish. And wouldn't u know, the cup was full of good hot coffee! Gotta hate when that happens!

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
« Reply #77 on: Jan 08, 2009, 05:28 PM »
Ice scoop last weekend

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #78 on: Jan 08, 2009, 06:29 PM »
Lost a bucket once.

Funny story, a friend and I were fishing the backwaters of the Miss river on a VERY windy day. It was 30 mph winds gusting to near 50. Well I drilled 2 holes and my buddy drilled 2 holes and we sat down. Fishing was horrible so I decided to move 20 yards up river. The second I stood up, the wind took my bucket and slid it a quarter mile up river at 40 mph until it hit open water and sank. We actually had to get binoculars out because it went so far. Never new a bucket could move so fast.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline jabers69

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #79 on: Jan 08, 2009, 06:45 PM »
I've lost a cell-phone ,knife,and a rod which some how I manged to get back . Lost it in the morning  was fish later that night,  was jigging away when man i got something good  bring it up and here my rod I lost, man  was I happy.
hook and cook

Offline northern fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dad and his littlest buddy
« Reply #80 on: Jan 08, 2009, 06:49 PM »
 Last year I was fishing a backwoods lake with a guy that I worked with.We were fishing jumbo perch and brookies.We had left our rods in there wire holders and met in the middle of the lake to boil up some tea.No sooner did we start the stove when we heard a rattle and on of my rods went striaght down the hole.
 Hank damn near wet himself but I decided that I would drill holes in a circle all around the hole the rod went down ::).I put on a heavy jigging rap and went to work.On the second last hole I caught my line and got my rod back(no guff)
Thats my strangest story,so far :tipup:
There is nothing better than the smile on a childs face when they see the fish come up through the hole.

Offline SUBCATCHER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • oh i sink so!
« Reply #81 on: Jan 08, 2009, 07:57 PM »
No... Dropped my cell phone in the toilet once though ;D :tipup:
If what comes around goes around is true.... Im coming back as a large shiner

Offline Iowa ice

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If the bobbers under set the hook.
« Reply #82 on: Jan 08, 2009, 08:25 PM »
I lost a brand new pocket knife my dad gave me for christmas once. I've lost a couple of poles. My partner lost his cell phone this year, leaned overto get a fish outta the hole, and bloop thereitwent.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "............Holy crap.............what a ride!"

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #83 on: Jan 08, 2009, 08:32 PM »
Besides my fishing pride for no fish ...nothing lately lol

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

Offline got em

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #84 on: Jan 08, 2009, 08:41 PM »
 :'( got a fishrtap scout at the bottom of a local res.,with a aqua view,buddy heater,two rigs(rd and reel ),hand auger,etc.,not "down a hole",but at a place where I went through,and was lucky enough to get out ALIVE, and it sunk after I got out..NEVER GO ALONE ALWAYS WEAR YOU"R ICE PICKS ...

Offline smitty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Jan 08, 2009, 08:46 PM »
My salmon I was cleaning!!!!!!!
Got it back the next morning though.
smitty :tipup:

Offline Seedtree

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The older I get, the better I was.
« Reply #86 on: Jan 08, 2009, 08:59 PM »
Me and my brother were fishing in my Clam 5600 a few years back.  I had been catching Crappies left and right, while my bro, who isn't a real ice fisherman due to temperment and lack of patience, had caught nothing in the hole 1 foot to my right inside the 5600.  Anyway, I hooked another nice Crappy, which came off as I was lifting it out of my hole.  It did a nice sunfish in front of our faces, complete with tail flap which coated us with icy water, as it did a perfect waveless, Chinese diver-like, entry back into the water in the middle of my bro's icehole.  By the time we reacted to try to catch the fish out of the air, he was history and had sounded.  I made a crack that no fish had come thru my bro's hole, but one had gone done his hole. 

We laughed until we grew weak.  Often wondered what that Crappy told his buddys.

Offline icefisherman309

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #87 on: Jan 08, 2009, 09:08 PM »
I lost my axe down a hole

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Jan 09, 2009, 08:09 AM »
I lost a brand new pocket knife my dad gave me for christmas once. I've lost a couple of poles. My partner lost his cell phone this year, leaned overto get a fish outta the hole, and bloop thereitwent.

I learned that lesson. Nothing goes in the top shirt pocket when I am ice fishing. I have seen the cell phone make it's escape by swan diving out of the top shirt pocket with the finishing bloop into the hole.

Everything that can fit down is kept in a zippered pocket. If you need to use the phone you step away from the hole.

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #89 on: Jan 09, 2009, 08:21 AM »
Last season fishing for panfish lost a brand new St. Croix rod down the hole with about a 5 lb. largemouth attached to the other end of it. Ripped the pole right out of my hand when the fish seen the daylight and made one last run for it. It was the first fish caught on this rod... >:(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.