Author Topic: Bad luck follows me everywhere  (Read 928 times)

Offline livin4ice

• IceShanty Rookie
Bad luck follows me everywhere
« on: Feb 23, 2005, 08:38 PM »
I went to one of the major sporting goods chains today because I heard they were having a good sale.  I wanted to look for a new Clam fishtrap Pro.  I got there and all I found was off brand shanties (knowing my bad luck I wasn't suprised :-\).  The salesman started talking to me and said they had moved all of the Clam products to the back room but I could still get one (could my luck be getting better? ::) ::)).  I asked about the Pro's and he said they were sold out.  He said they had a few Yukons left though.  I asked him what kind of price I could get so he went to check.  He came back and said $249  :o(yes, 249  :o for a Yukon, my luck is definately getting better now ;D).  I was ready to take it to the truck and was already thinking about all the room for myself and my son as well as the trip to Houghton Lake that starts this Thursday.  Then he comes back and says "you won't believe this" ....  "They just sent them ALL out on the truck this morning".  "If you had been here at 9 oclock you would have had one".  If it wasn't such a manly store, where you are required to maintain a certain ammount of dignity, I would have dropped to my knees and cried. :'( :'( :'(

I have been bummed about this ALL day.  The bad luck fairy just keeps jammin it up my backside >:(.  I felt bad for the salesman too, he was a great guy and he could tell I was upset.  He talked fishing with me for a while (probably to keep me from jumping off a bridge..LOL) and I then drug my depressed butt out of the store.  I hope I now have my bad luck quota in for the year and my Michigan trip will be productive.  Oh well, I guess we'll see.  Lets see..... Houghton Lake 24 inches of ice....yea I will definately need my life jacket.  ;)

Mike

Basshuntah

Re: Bad luck follows me everywhere
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2005, 10:54 AM »
dang thats quite a story, I would have probably cried myself :'(, aleast let out a yell or two, how much are those things regularly, how good was the deal? anyways it a true bummer! ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.