Author Topic: Weekend report and Delta tourney?  (Read 2223 times)

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
Weekend report and Delta tourney?
« on: Feb 15, 2004, 01:35 AM »
Tried Harding lake again..... and again the skunk is firmly attached to my back.  We tried every depth possible and several baits with no success.  Didn't even mark and fish on my electronics? ???  Snow was falling pretty hard that we ended up with about 5" before we left!  Pulled up stakes and headed over to Birch, (forgot you were out of town KP.)  Caught plenty of small char and salmon.  Snow is gettin' deep on Birch lake, full of drifts that managed to trap us for a short amount of time.  Get a full head of steam and don't slow down if your going to fish either Harding or Birch. :-\
Did anyone hear about the Quartz lake derby this Saturday?  I heard about it from a couple guys out on Harding today, which was to late for us to cruise over to Delta.  Oh well.... -Barleydog
TEAM ALASKA

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
Re: Weekend report and Delta tourney?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2004, 03:56 AM »
i went to the tanana tonight, caught 7 kept 5,  all nice fish 10lb best,  my buddies caught 6 and 5 and the one who caught 5 caught one that was probably over 12, nice fish. I got pics and will post them later

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2004, 02:37 AM »
Happy valentines day!

my first date was too young so i sent her home ;)

this date was a little older, but still to young for my taste, back to grow up.  ;D

she was my first date that i kept, beauty isn't she? :-*

Total i took 5 dates home with me and so did both my buddies...you can see i'm a happy man:-*:-*:-*:-*:-*

got a sled full of them for the night, 15 in the sled.

I caught 7, and the five i kept were big, but not the biggest, one of my buddies caught the big one, pushing 12lbs. the ones i kept ranged from 6-10 pounds.

hard_waterer

« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2004, 09:34 PM »
Did you make chowder?

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2004, 09:55 PM »
no, but i simmered some in butter :Pyum yum

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2004, 01:31 PM »
Jake,  Nice dates! ;)  The university is turning out some real beauties for a change eh!  Let me know when your available for some pike fishing, I'm still holding up my end of the deal!  ;D   -Jim
TEAM ALASKA

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.