Author Topic: 7.5x7x5 perm on skids, need help inside.  (Read 2327 times)

Offline hookmncookm

• IceShanty Rookie
7.5x7x5 perm on skids, need help inside.
« on: May 10, 2020, 09:21 PM »
Hello all. I’m seeking advice on how to turn this small perm shack (7.5x7.5’) into a ballin sleeper shack.

It’s not yet completely insulated. I did the floor with 2” R board so far that’s it, thinking of getting the rest of it spray foamed.

It would be nice to have two bunks but I only really need one for myself.

I am considering adding solar power to run leds, maybe a small tv to watch movies/ an underwater camera or charge the sonar.

For a heat source I was thinking a small buddy heater or Coleman stove that I already have and just having a couple vents and a carbon monoxide detector.

So with a bench/bed, solar setup, small tv and Coleman stove or buddy heater how would you arrange it all in this little square shack? I have three catch covers also but I only really need two. One to jig and one for a rattle reel. Please help me design something that makes a little bit of sense.

Offline PikePetersen

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 7.5x7x5 perm on skids, need help inside.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 03:21 PM »
Your build looks pretty similar in size to what I put together for this past season:
https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=373228.0

Here's a thread on bunks, I ended up just putting in one on the bottom for this year, but might try adding another up top next season.
https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=370734.0

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 7.5x7x5 perm on skids, need help inside.
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 11:51 AM »
If you have access to Youtube - look up JDS Outdoors.  This guy has done a few shacks about the same size as yours.  He builds them out of aluminum.  He did a pretty good video on his solar charging system and what he uses for all devices.  May help you out some.  You can watch the videos and see if something that he did would work for you. 

He is from Hastings MN.
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.