Author Topic: Wisconsin or Michigan lakes?  (Read 862 times)

Offline Outlaw46341

• Team IceShanty Regular
Wisconsin or Michigan lakes?
« on: Jan 30, 2017, 04:45 PM »
Some guys and I are looking to head north for the weekend and find some fishable ice. Anybody got any favorite lakes within a 4-5 hour drive? Looking for some good panfish and walleye spots.
I HUNT I FISH I EAT

Offline Icefish101

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Wisconsin or Michigan lakes?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2017, 06:36 PM »
I've fished lake Mitchell in Cadillac last couple years,haven't  been up this year yet but had good luck with perch,crappie,and even landed a keeper eye,take a 4 wheeler though most spots are a very long walk to get too,learned that lesson the first year,very shallow lake for the most part,hope this helps and good luck to ya

Offline Graygills22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2017, 10:42 PM »
U P is only 7 hrs....fortune lake number 1...big gills crappie pike walleye...wish I was there right now.....

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2017, 05:01 AM »
In Wisconsin Petenwell and castle rock are approx. 5 hrs from here. I fished these two last yr and had a great time.  Or you might even consider Winnebego in Wisconsin.  Those are all pretty big bodies of water. 

Offline first sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Suck it up and drive on troop
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2017, 06:00 AM »
I've been told safe ice about 3 hours North around Barry county Michigan. Gun or Algonquin lakes and catching 9-10 in gills.
Prov.27:17 As iron sharpens iron ,so one man sharpens another.

Offline TeacherPreacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2017, 08:30 AM »
Don't know ice conditions but use to have a trailer on Hamlin Lake in Ludington. Good gills and crappies, some walleye and northerns. Have to call up there and check ice conditions. Easy 3-3 1/2 hr drive.
Teach
Teacher Preacher
Life is short! Do all that you love to do as often as you can with those that you love!

Offline CWlake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2017, 12:47 PM »
Houghton lake is 3 hrs north of the border in Mi. It is one huge lake but is fairly shallow an holds Ice real well. The gill fishing is great and you can find walleye without much work. Definitely need a 4x4

Offline libo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2017, 02:13 PM »
i fished petenwell in wisc. on 1-20 & 21- 17' caught some small eyes and some really nice crappies. plenty of ice (18 in ). drove all over lake.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.