Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1630449 times)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #20760 on: Sep 11, 2020, 07:24 AM »
Marv, congrads to Jen,  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I was already thinking about 9/11 couple days ago.  19 years but seems like it was last month.

See my msg box was about full, spent a few minutes reviewing some.  Again thank all you "regulars" for the moral support during trying months.  Thinking I should take a few days and visit some family in and near Wisconsin.  Should do a little clean up on the new shower tile, while its still dark and cool outside.  Today would be trash day, but with the holiday will be tomorrow instead.  Figure I will get the starter on the rider, and who knows what distractions I will get, have to move some things to the back burners.  :unsure:

Best to all from my digs that will soon be back in the 80's for temps.  Snow  ??? what snow ? LOL

H2L bummer on the appointment tag game.

Enjoy your day.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #20761 on: Sep 11, 2020, 11:01 AM »
Broadcasting live from the shop..
  CONGRATULATIONS Jen! ! :bow: :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20762 on: Sep 11, 2020, 11:29 AM »
Woo-hoo!!!!
Bear burgers for dinner. 😉

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20763 on: Sep 11, 2020, 07:37 PM »
Good evening slightly cooler today high in the low seventies with the steady 10-15 mph winds felt cooler . Think I may have to search for some type of cover for my GMC where I park there is some type of tree that drops little purple berries at this time of year. I washed the vehicle on Wednesday still had to spot clean the hood today.
IFF good job on the trees glad they all fell in proper places and not on the house. May you find a place that can do a quick replacement on your glasses.
OldSailor thank you for the reminder about 9/!! . Being 60 to 65 miles north of NYC the events of that day affect my county since many people commute daily to the "City" for work. A neighboring town has a memorial to five NYC Fire dept. members who died  fighting the fire and trying to rescue people.
Whopper Stopper thank you for the story about your SIL's bear. Smart idea cutting logs covering bait pile to match legal size bear. Think I would have fired a warning shot to hopefully scare off the bear when it tried to climb the ladder stand. Once again congratulations to your SIL . Any plans for the bear pelt. Enjoy the bear meat.
Wallyworld hope the fish were more receptive to your offerings today and everyone survived the waves/bumpy ride. Thank you for posting Ryan Tawliq's post to Icefisher-45.
Icefisher-45 unpack the most needed items first and take your time with the rest. happy to read Mr.Dicken's likes your new home and it is easier for you to take him outside. may you find a shop that can work on your Jeep. Ryan Tawliq's post is near the bottom of page 691 of this thread. He quoted a post you made back on Sept.26,2019 about Recliners and new sofa.
Ice Wanderer hope you had another good day in Maine.
Hunts2long may the scope show your wife does not have a blockage. Both of you get some rest after all your time on the road and in your car.
Drifter have a good weekend at your slice of paradise. Have you been following the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs?

May everyone have a safe and good night. stay Healthy. best to all fishing or hunting this weekend.
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20764 on: Sep 11, 2020, 08:28 PM »
Whopper Stopper thank you for the story about your SIL's bear. Smart idea cutting logs covering bait pile to match legal size bear. Think I would have fired a warning shot to hopefully scare off the bear when it tried to climb the ladder stand. Once again congratulations to your SIL . Any plans for the bear pelt. Enjoy the bear meat.

Drifter have a good weekend at your slice of paradise. Have you been following the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs?

I heard he's going to get it mounted up and then will make the pilgrimage North to hang it on the wall of my cabin for safe keeping.

Yep,still watching even though my boys crapped the bed.  😁

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20765 on: Sep 12, 2020, 03:16 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Feels a little like Fall this morn...clear and 43 on the Hill, high of 66 today.

Marv...most excellent story and a big congratulations again to Jen and you on a successful bear harvest, that’s so awesome!!  All that hard work with the baiting, putting the movies together, stand placement, etc...it really paid off!!!  Thank you for sharing it all here with us, it’s been a great adventure... :bow:  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Dave...no doubt your cabin would definitely be styling with a bear mount...and a wolverine...and a badger...and a monster buck...and a... ;D
  Steve...know what you mean with those berries...especially when the birds are on the feed, lol.  ;D
  Bud...glad the snow is gone and better weather moving in...never know what those Rocky Mountains will do! Good luck with the starter... :thumbsup:
  Jeff... hope you have been having a great vacation and good weather!   :thumbsup:
  H2...Thank you...man, what a run around with the Dr.’s....no pun intended!  Hopefully the next appointment will stay as scheduled....best wishes!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...they didn’t have any Memorial services at my workplace yesterday, believe many of them there have been cancelled this year because of the virus. Hope you heard something on the Jeep yesterday, best of luck with that, and glad to hear you’re able to get around with Mr.Dickens more often, excellent!   :thumbsup: :clap:
  Wally...hope the fishing went well less those waves!   :thumbsup:

Two of my grandchildren started back to school yesterday for their first classes...they’ve been anxiously awaiting for their return and seeing all their friends again. Understand it was quite different from before, but they enjoyed it.  Will be seeing them later this afternoon to get the whole story.... ;D
  Going to have lunch with a friend on the shoreline of a lake this afternoon....will share some of that story tomorrow.   :thumbsup:  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20766 on: Sep 12, 2020, 06:59 AM »
Morning all,

WS......have you and your s-i-l come down from that cloud yet  ??? :woot:  we're all waiting patiently for the picture  :whistle:

Eddie.....very sad the 9/11 tributes were put on hold this year  :'(  my grandkids start school next week 2 days in person, 3 days remotely  :blink: 

IFF.....that's some crazy weather extremes  :wacko:  visiting family/friends for a few days sounds like a great idea, enjoy  :thumbsup:

IW......glad the vacation's going well, looking forward to some pics  :clap:

H2L.....hope the appointment goes well when it finally happens and there's no blockage  :)

MrC.....birds/berries sure can make a mess  ::)

Never made it out on the lake yesterday, the 2'-4' forecast was about half of what was really happening  :o  so for everyone's safety we all decided it was best to stay on solid ground  :(  good to visit with our friends regardless  :thumbsup:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20767 on: Sep 12, 2020, 10:11 AM »
Had 41* this morning.
Thanks for all the well wishes for the wife. We were both in a fog most of Friday.
Phones and internet were down for 24 hours in our area. Just came back on line. Don't like going without phone service. Have to drive 3 miles to get cell service.
Hope everyone has a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20768 on: Sep 12, 2020, 01:34 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

We returned home this morning and have been putting stuff away ever since. They asked me what I was preparing for with all the gear? I told them anything! Lol

Thanks for all the comments about the hunt and the story, I shared them all with my s-i-l. She said that was pretty nice :thumbsup:
I am glad the story came out OK as I was sure missing my laptop when I wrote it. The phones keypad is a bugger when you have club fingers ;D

We saw on her game camera that about 2 hours after she shot her bear a much bigger one paid a visit. She said for her first bear she couldn't of been happier, but maybe next time she will hold out for a bigger one.

I talked to the guy with the 8 baits yesterday. He said they are holding out for a big bear, but also said they will take anything come Wednesday of next week when the hounds start running. According to him the bears get very nocturnal when the hound season starts and the bait piles go cold during the daytime. I gave him about 50 gallons of trail mix that we had left over and he was pretty tickled to get it.

Here is a video of the bear she got about 5 minutes before they had their stare down, and a couple pictures of it after they were done.

A couple people were wondering what she was going to do as far as a rug or mount. I couldn't find the exact one on the web but it will be similar to this

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20769 on: Sep 12, 2020, 06:41 PM »
Good evening/late afternoon for those in the Central and Mountain time zones. Beautiful day here in the Mid-Hudson Valley days high temperature was in the mid seventies and plenty of sunshine. I've been taking road trips about every two weeks today I met with a friend we got take out from a BBQ place near Kingston ,NY. then made our way to a local state recreation area where we found a shaded spot enjoyed our lunch and chatted for three hours before heading back to our respective homes.
Eddie birds calling cards look bad enough on a vehicle worse when they are tinted purple from the berries. Good your grandchildren are getting to see their school friends remind them no face mask swapping,hugging, meal sharing ,etc. I hope the teachers around NYS. and our nation were given teaching materials to help younger students understand the virus better and why they must do certain things to stay healthy.
Wallyworld sorry you did not get the boat trip in as someone who suffers from motion sickness I can relate to windy days and choppy water. That is not a good combination for me. Glad you still had a good time with your friends.
Hunts2long the two of you must have felt like long distance truckers or bus drivers after all your traveling. Good to read you have your power,phone and internet service back.
Whopper Stopper thank you for the short video and photos. Your SIL will have a nice looking mount when the taxidermist completes the job. Also nice skinning job on the bear.
Ice Wanderer may things be good in Maine. Have you done any surf fishing.
Icefisher-45 how is the unpacking going may your new apartment be looking and feeling more like a home as you get settled into the place. Any luck finding a place to work on your Jeep.
IFF I saw some photos of the wild fire damage in California hope your nephew's home is still standing. Have you gotten the chance to take your nephew's children fishing.
OldSailor has your oldest daughter moved into her new house. also how is Gandolf doing these days.

May everyone stay Healthy and Safe. Best to all fishing or hunting.
 Steve

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #20770 on: Sep 12, 2020, 07:48 PM »
Steve, my daughter is just in the beginning process of buying the house. There is some more home inspection needed, but we got to tour the house and property and it's a nice 2 br. bungalow of 884 sq. ft. with detached 2 car garage and fenced in yard for her dog! As I mentioned earlier it suffered tornado damage and was totally redone!! And thanks for asking after Gandalf! He's doing great and in great health!! Stay safe and stay well!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20771 on: Sep 13, 2020, 02:09 AM »
Steve no on any fishing, here.  See a FB post of one of my fishing buddies was out day before, most reports of slow catching rates but he put a whipping on the eyes. 15 to the boat there were 4 good sized legal ones, two at 19, a 21 and a 28.  Not bad for a morning fishing.  There dad was busy rounding up gas welding items to show them how its done.  Had to replace my gas torch hoses, one had sprung a leak.  Haven't used it in some time and bottles were next to empty.  Now have new hoses  :thumbsup: Still no word on the California property except for the smoke.  Ask about how it is for the Olympia group, they have moved out to the coast beach camping area and hope the winds don't switch to coming out of the east.  Might have to resort to gas masks with filters to be able to breath for the older folks.

Sure hope the west coast gets some relief sooner than later.

OldSailor that sounds like a house I need.  Sounds like just what she needs  :unsure:

Got invited to neighbors for Cheese burgers for supper, took over some home grown tomatoes.  For a second thought they would skip the burgers and just eat the   tasty tomatoes  :whistle:  Will be putting 6 racks of Baby Back Ribs on the smoker tomorrow to pass out to the crew.  Then let them smoke while the Packers take on the Vikings.  Will have to find my cheese hat  ;D

Eddie the mower is all put back together and starts/runs fine.

Now need to catch up to my pillow.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20772 on: Sep 13, 2020, 04:27 AM »
Good Morning Bud, Morning Everyone,
  Another beautiful day coming...fair skies and 52 this am, high of 70 here today.

Bud...good news on the mower and Congrats to your buddy on the walleyes, some very nice fish!!  :clap:  I’m sure the crew will enjoy those ribs!   :thumbsup:
  OS...best of luck to your daughter with the house!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...believe there are some pretty strict guidelines that the schools need to follow, but guess we all know kids will be kids and there will surely be some who will need to be reminded what they can’t do anymore/yet?  Think it’s going to be a tough go for both teachers and students for awhile adjusting to the new regulations.   You mentioned a state recreational area...was it Onteora Lake by chance?   :whistle:
  Marv... thanks for the video and pictures, that will be an awesome mount...WAY TO GO JEN!!!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow: 
  H2... glad the service is up and running again, wonder what the heck happened with that?  Any fishing plans this week? The cooler temps should help get things going soon.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...you made the right decision canceling the trip with those conditions, that’s just plain nasty! Best wishes to the grandchildren starting back to school this week!   :thumbsup:

Had a pretty special day yesterday. The weather was absolutely beautiful for a 60 mile road trip South to a lake I’ve never seen before, as well as meeting up with a friend to have lunch with ...whom I’ve never actually had the chance to meet  before , lol..Steve, Mr. Clean.   ;D    We chose a place that was about midway for both of us in Kingston N.Y, and meet up at a barbecue restaurant for a take out lunch to nearby Onteora lake....was pretty awesome!
  Awhile back, Steve had sent a PM asking if I’d be interested in some Beaver Dam type tipups  he no longer had use for and perhaps maybe the grandchildren could use. With Emerson on the way at the point, thought that would be a great idea...so we made some plans, had to cancel at one point, then set it up again.
  Right at noon we met up at the restaurant, exchanged introductions and Steve gave me the tipups as well as a really neat old sled for Emerson that was given to him by his Icefishing mentor...honestly, that was really special!  :bow:   
  We made it over to the lake which was just minutes away and enjoyed the lunch, great conversation, and absolutely beautiful weather for about 3 hours. It went by so fast, could have sat there all day...just a super good day all around.  :thumbsup: :clap:   A funny thing that happened was with a young couple who were there for a nice outing with their little ones used a picnic table near us. When it was time to leave, the youngest one kinda of just sat down in the grass and wasn’t ready for that. The Mom said, we’re leaving as they slowly walked away....the little girl just sat there and smiled, waving goodbye! Then the Dad said it...and the little girl did the same thing! We both got a kick out of that!   It was kind of that way for me also...had the grandchildren coming at 3 yesterday, don’t think we left the lake until 3:30...Doh!!   ;D 
 Steve...it was a pleasure finally meeting up with you even if we weren’t drilling some holes! Thank You so much for the gifts, great conversation, and just a real pleasant day...that was awesome!   :clap:  Believe Emerson will be by today...will get some pictures of him and his new gear to share here soon.   :thumbsup:
    Cawfee’s on ...

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20773 on: Sep 13, 2020, 05:51 AM »
52* and clear this morning.
Mr. C and Eddie, sounds like a nice visit for the 2 of you. It was a nice day.
Eddie, my brother told me that a dump truck pulled the all the cables off a pole on a side road about 1/2 mile from my house. He also said someone hit a bear just above his house on Friday. It wasn't the sow with the 3 clubs as he saw them yesterday.
WW, I am still hoping to get in one more trip. My nephew rides a H-D. Earlier this summer he and his wife rode over to a dealer in NH. While there he bought a raffle ticket. Yesterday was the drawing, a 2020 Road Glide is now his.

Tonight is the first night of bowling. Will see how that goes. Now that the lake, out front, is a river we are seeing eagles almost everyday.
Have a good Sunday and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20774 on: Sep 13, 2020, 06:23 AM »
Morning all,

MrC/Eddie......x2 H2L's comment, glad you 2 got to meet up  :thumbsup: :clap:

H2L....that's great news for your nephew, congrats to them on the new ride  :thumbsup: :clap:

IFF....bet the ribs will have the crew drooling before the game's over  ;)2 :thumbsup:

WS.....always better to have MORE clothes/supplies than you need with you just in case   :)  altho it does tend to make packing/unpacking a real chore   :woot:

OS.....your daughter's new house sounds cozy, nice the pup will have a fenced in yard  :clap:

IW.....safe travels home from Maine  ;)

TT.....hope things are going well at your other property  :)   how is MrsTT's hand coming along  ???

Rain in the forecast today so not much on the planner  :-\  might steal a handful of apples from the deer and make a pie  :whistle:

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20775 on: Sep 13, 2020, 07:28 AM »
Good Morning ER's 55* here and rain is leaving today.  Mason sounds like a great visit with Mr. Clean. We all should learn from young children. H2L your nephew scores big time. I wish I could have made a couple bucks at the casino last outing but went 50 bucks back. Bait jar is empty now. Bud some nice eyes out there keep me posted if you will be rolling through WI. Humminbirds stayed through the cold and rain I hope they keep hanging around. Have a nice Sunday all.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #20776 on: Sep 13, 2020, 08:23 AM »
 Good morning ER's!! You'll have to pardon me for being late with the jokes many mornings as I sleep later than Jeff does!!  It took many years after I retired from the Navy before I could sleep in and at 76 I enjoy it!!
 Bud, You may want to consider downsizing at a future date. You could get a smaller place up near your walleye lake. Once things are cleared up, you might want to retire from work, unless you're one of those that like to keep busy!
 Marv sounds like he packs like I do. Take it, you might need it!! Better to need something and have it, than the opposite!!
 Best to all those who are out enjoying the weekend!!  Stay safe and stay well my friends!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20777 on: Sep 13, 2020, 09:29 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Mist and 54 here this morning.

My wife and I just got back from the laundromat a bit ago. Evidently people are doing their washing mid week as this the joint was empty. I had all my deer hunting stuff to get washed and dried, glad that's done.

Eddie/mr.clean Sounded like an excellent time :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WW an apple pie sounds delicious :thumbsup:

h2l Congratulations to your nephew :clap: Best of luck to you at bowling tonight :thumbsup:

IW hope all is going well for you, safe travels when heading back :thumbsup:

Not much on the agenda today. I will probably have apple pie on the brain :blink:

Hope you all have a good Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20778 on: Sep 13, 2020, 09:56 AM »

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20779 on: Sep 13, 2020, 10:03 AM »
 Good morning looks like it may be another beautiful day with just the chance of a passing thunder storm this afternoon.
OldSailor good sized house for a single person the fenced in yard is a plus for a dog owner. Good to read Gandalf is doing well and enjoying life. Thank you for holding down the fort over on the joke thread while Ice Wanderer is on vacation.
IFF congratulations to your fishing buddy on the walleyes. Enjoy the football game and ribs today.
Eddie did not want to spoil the story you mentioned in your post yesterday. It was very nice meeting you yesterday we could not have asked for nicer weather. I did get a chuckle out of the little girl's antics her parents handled the sistuation nicely not like what I sometimes see at my work place. Looking forward to seeing a photo of Emerson with the sled and tipups. To the young lady who was kind enough to to take a photo of the two of us at the lake. please give us some time both of us have problems at times getting today's technology to work. May you and your friend have  had a good day at Onteora Lake. May you find this website interesting and it increase your knowledge of the sport of ice fishing.
Hunts2long all it takes is a large vehicle to take down the power lines. Good to read the road killed bear was not the sow with the 3 cubs. I believe the cubs stay with their mother for up to one year in some cases before going off on their own or being chased off by an older male bear who wants to breed with their mom. Best to you and your teammates at the bowling alley tonight. Congratulations to your nephew on winning the motorcycle.  :clap: :thumbsup:
Wallyworld I hope the local deer have left you enough apples to make and bake a pie. May you not see a lot of rain today. Nice photo now Like Whopper Stopper I will be thinking about Apple Pie.
Old Goat personally think it can and should be a two way street with learning between children and adults. Children will often get you to enjoy some of life simpler pleasure or bring back memories of our youth buy their actions. May your next trip to the casino turn out better. If Bud does make the trip to Wisconsin may the two of you be able to meet each other.
Ice Wanderer hope you and your wife had a great week in Maine. safe travels back to your home. Looking forward to photos from your trip ,may one be you with a nice striped bass  caught from the surf.
Whopper Stopper is shopping for a new washing machine in your future or does your wife not want you washing and drying your deer hunting clothes at home.

May everyone have a safe and good Sunday.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20780 on: Sep 13, 2020, 11:38 AM »
Whopper Stopper is shopping for a new washing machine in your future or does your wife not want you washing and drying your deer hunting clothes at home.
Steve

The weight of my insulated Jacket and pants, along with my Heater Body Suit would take about 3 loads to wash here at home. Drying would be it's own ordeal so we just find it faster to go in and use their High Capacity washers and and dryers. We can be done in about 2 hours but it's the longest 2 hours of the year  ;D

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20781 on: Sep 13, 2020, 07:05 PM »
Good evening ER's just back from fishing one log must have moved by rains the other can be fished around if it stays were it's at. Gills starting to go hard sideways now biggest today was 83/4. Need that water temp to get cold and less weeds and all will be good. Guessing 2 weeks maybe 3 or 4.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20782 on: Sep 13, 2020, 09:33 PM »
 Good evening hope everyone had a nice Sunday.
Whopper Stopper thank you for the explanation . I usually bring a book to read when I do my laundry.
Old Goat may conditions improve and the bite turn on when you make your next trip.

Have a good night.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20783 on: Sep 14, 2020, 02:41 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Partly cloudy skies and 60 to start the day, high of 65 today.   :thumbsup:

OG...that was a nice Gill, congrats on the fishing, glad to hear things are improving!  :clap: 
  Steve...we didn’t get to see Emerson yesterday, but he will be by this week to see his new gifts and get a few pictures taken.  :thumbsup:
  Marv...after seeing that pie Wally made, believe we’ll all have apple pie on the brain!!  :roflmao: 
  OS...great job on the joke thread Sir!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally...excellent job on the pie!!  :clap:  Guess I’ll have to settle for a chain brand, but there will be apple pie for my coffee break today!   ;D
  H2...hope you and the team bowled well last night! Congratulations to your nephew on winning the Road Glide...WOW!!!   :clap: :bow:
  Jeff...hope you had safe travels and a wonderful time in Maine!    :thumbsup:

Planning a trip this coming weekend with the boys to go salmon fishing...they’re both getting the itch to battle with a few.
  Not certain what’s on today’s agenda at the workplace, seems to change day to day lately, lol.   Cawfee’s on...

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20784 on: Sep 14, 2020, 04:45 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

57 heading into the mid 70's later today. The theme for the week here will be a pesty wind.

Eddie hope you and the crew have a good week :thumbsup: Salmon fishing with the boys sounds like an excellent time :thumbsup:

IW I hope you had a fantastic vacation  :thumbsup:

WW did the pie make it through the night ???

h2l hope you had a good night at bowling :thumbsup:

I have a few tree jobs that I have to get preparing for. My s-i-l has the rest of the week off and she wants to go fishing. Guess we will see, so far getting blown around by the wind doesn't sound very appealing to me.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20785 on: Sep 14, 2020, 05:39 AM »
Morning all,

Thoughts and prayers to the 2 LA County Sheriff's deputies ambushed in their patrol car  :callcops: :callcops:  what the h**l is wrong with this world  :nono:

WS.....all but 2 pieces survived  ;D  hope the dang wind slows down this week so you can hit the water  :-\   stay safe on the tree jobs  :flex:

Eddie.....heard there's a few fish in the river, the cooler temps should help  ;)  might be on the search on the lake tomorrow ourselves  :whistle:

OG.....sounds like things are only going to get better at the fishing hole  :clap:

MrC.....plenty of apples for all this year  :roflmao: 

H2L.....how did the bowling go last night  ???

IFF.....guessing there was no leftover ribs  :whistle:

Ended up getting about 3/4" of rain yesterday, might be a shower or two left over this morning  :-\  a grocery store trip is on the list today  ::)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20786 on: Sep 14, 2020, 06:40 AM »
Good morning everyone. 58*
WW, the world has gone "nuts". Pie is always good. That one wouldn't last very long around here.
Mr. C, my nephew's apple trees are loaded this year. He is planning a cider making/cook out get together. I don't think it was a big dump truck that took down the wires. Think it was wires on a right away though the lot they were clearing to build on.
We bowled pretty good for the 1st night. Took 3 of 4 points. Bowling with a mask is not fun and the new rules are like being back in grade school. Glad we don't go out into the world much.
Have a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20787 on: Sep 14, 2020, 08:45 AM »
WW, well I plugged in my on board battery charger, thinking I would slip out this morning to the lake, but here I sit.  One neighbor that was out for his evening walk-a-bout was doing  :bow: :bow: :bow: saying complements to the Chief, the ribs I shared were to die for.

Now I need a coffee and see if I can get motivated to do something...anything is what I am thinking. :unsure: :whistle:

Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20788 on: Sep 14, 2020, 09:45 AM »
Good morning ,partly cloudy sky and light wind outside currently I've yet to check the temperature. Like Wallyworld need to grocery shop today or tomorrow looking through the sales flyers for chains in my area I see sales on apples and other Fall items like cider doughnuts.
Eddie best to and your son's this weekend may you each bring home some salmon. Looking forward to seeing a photo or two of Emerson.
Whopper Stopper all the best to you with the tree jobs. May the forecast winds not last all week and you and your SIL be able to get a fishing trip in without having to worry about being blown all over the water.
Wallyworld guess I will have to watch the news later sad to hear two LA county sheriff's deputies were ambushed prayers for them and their families. I've driven past a couple orchards the past few weeks it does look like a good year for apples.
Hunt2long congratulations to you and your teammates on a good night of bowling. Your experience at the alley gives you an idea of what your daughter Lindsay and her coworkers are trying to enforce with the students they teach. Best to your nephew with the cider making and cook-off sounds like a fun time. When does he pick up the HD Road Glide or is it being delivered still some time to ride yet this year. There must be some Fall colors starting up your way which adds to the beauty of your area in my opinion and adds some pleasure to bike rides.
IFF may you get out to fish before this week is past. happy to read folks enjoyed you ribs.
Ice Wanderer may the two of you have made it home safely. Looking forward to seeing some photos from your trip.
Icefisher-45 hope you were able to get some boxes unpacked over the weekend and your new apartment is starting to look and feel more like a home.

A safe and good Monday to everyone.
 Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20789 on: Sep 14, 2020, 06:14 PM »
Good Evening Everyone. We got some unpacking done over the weekend. The apartment is starting to look like home. Mr Dickens is happy he gets to go out more. We have been siting on the deck. My wife worked today and I was supposed to take the Jeep up to Vermont to have them look at the front end and see if they could help. They install lifts and do alignments. I didn't go because the landladys brother was coming over to install a couple of electrical outlets in the living room.

Mr Clean, Hopefully you were succesful in finding cider donuts. Does look like a good year for the apple orchards.

IFF, I hope you managed to get out on the water. Glad everyone enjoyed the ribs you cooked.

Hunts2long, Glad you had a good time bowling. Must not have been fun bowling in masks.

Wallyworld, That pie does look yummy.

Whopper Stopper, Hope you get out fishing this week.

Mason Eddie, Sounds like a good weekend coming up.

Prayers for those 2 police officers who were ambushed last night. I hope everyone had a good day and have a good night. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.