Author Topic: fishing grand lake  (Read 2999 times)

Offline perchguy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
fishing grand lake
« on: Jan 06, 2004, 07:28 AM »
new to the ice shanty.I fish grand lake st,marys @ Indian lake both lakes are great fishing.if I can help someone I will.kevinmiller

Offline 0514

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re:fishing grand lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2004, 02:37 PM »
Hep perch guy, I am from columbus and have never tried Indian Lake, do you have a feel for how long it might take to freeze. I was hoping there would be safe ice somewhere,canals,back water etc. What have you seen in the past.Thanks.

Offline perchguy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2004, 05:19 PM »
fishing indian lake this weekend could be possible on some backwater and channels. long island is where ice comes first most of the time it is off us117 northeast side of lake.it is good for gills@ crappie.kevin :)

Offline Erie addict

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2004, 06:56 PM »
I am also from central ohio. Are you heading to indian this weekend to try the ice?

Offline perchguy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2004, 12:02 AM »
i,ll be fishing grand lake looking for the perch if we have good ice here if not i,ll be at indian lake.my pond in backyard is freezing over even with the wind blowing so hard.we should have safe ice to fish somewhere bye sat if it dont snow to much.be safe @ bobbers down @ flags up. :'( kevin

Jagerdoo

« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2004, 04:43 PM »
I'm hoping to go to Indian Lake this weekend, any ice reports would be great!  I went ice fishing twice last year and I'm hooked.  And it would be nice to get away from college for the weekend.  Any info is of course appreciated.

toad4u2

« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2004, 10:44 AM »
If you get out post and letus know how you did and how much ice there is.

Offline perchguy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2004, 04:30 PM »
fished grand lake channels have 3 to 4'' need little more ice on main lake caught few perch in channle.great to be on the ice. might go to lndian lake monday.kevin ;D ;D

Offline 2Big4HoleOH

• IceShanty Rookie
  • U ain't had one, till u used a gaffe!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2004, 05:14 PM »
Hey perchguy:
Thanks for the report on  Grand Lake...I am heading out to Buckeye Lake tommorrow to check the canals/channels for ice thickness. Looking forward to getting iced. I am expecting to find about the same ice thickness as you found 3-4". But the weather forecast for next week looks like Cold & Colder....Buncha bites to ya'
2Big4Hole
Iced

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.