Author Topic: Whitney  (Read 1334 times)

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
Whitney
« on: Nov 04, 2019, 04:46 PM »
Went to Whitney Sunday morning and much to our surprise we found 4-5 inches of clear black ice. What an amazing day it turned out to be. We caught fish all morning and were able to enjoy a great breakfast on the ice.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Whitney
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2019, 07:19 PM »
Looks like a great day Spence. You guys had it all but the kitchen sink. After talking to Davis I thought I might run into you Saturday. Looks like we may be back up next Monday
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 04, 2019, 08:11 PM »
Thanks CL for the report and great pictures. You sure know how to get on the early hard deck and get it done! Way to go cooking. I bought a grill chezz maker this year and have been trying to wear it out duck hunting this year.

I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Nov 04, 2019, 08:13 PM »
Looks ice worthy to me. Now I know whos tent to come get me a cheeser
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4 on: Nov 04, 2019, 09:25 PM »
Congratulations Crappielover89 way to kick off your season. :clap: :thumbsup:   Curious what type of lighting or colored roof is on your hub shelter never seen ice that color green.
 Steve

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 05, 2019, 09:42 PM »
Congratulations Crappielover89 way to kick off your season. :clap: :thumbsup:   Curious what type of lighting or colored roof is on your hub shelter never seen ice that color green.
 Steve

it is blue. i use otter ice tents but i think its more the black ice and the tinny bugs in the lakes in the mountains here in utah that make it look that way

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #6 on: Nov 06, 2019, 07:20 AM »
Thank you for answering my question, may you continue to have a good 2019-2020 ice fishing season.
 Steve

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Nov 06, 2019, 07:55 AM »
That water was pretty green when we were up there during the elk hunt, seems like we're getting those dang algae blooms everywhere these days and from what I seen on the news the other night it can keep going into the winter now also. They mainly are warning bird/waterfowl hunters to watch the dogs.

https://kutv.com/news/local/state-hunters-beware-of-harmful-algal-blooms-around-utah

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Videoman97

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 14, 2019, 01:26 AM »
I'm hopefully going to be able to go fishin this weekend up to Whitney. Just had a baby a couple weeks ago and have missed a few trips. Bought a new flasher last week and ready to test it out. I was able to find more of my camera gear and am stoked to get up there and get some pics. So get ready to get flooded with many. So in other words I've had sleepless nights because I just want to be up fishin.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.