Author Topic: Is it too early to start thinking about it?  (Read 1106 times)

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
Is it too early to start thinking about it?
« on: Sep 23, 2019, 09:10 AM »
I week or so ago, I started thinking about upgrading my equipment inventory to include a new 2-man flip.  My EVO1 has been great and I plan to keep it for my walk on trips when conditions dictate snowmobile use is denied.  Doing some research revealed that Clam has a new product this year that I think will fit the bill rather nicely - the Nanook XL Thermal with the new door redesign.  I've talked to Clam and they told me they SHOULD be in dealer inventories by early October.  I'm checking daily on a couple of websites (Cabelas & Scheels) but haven't seen them as of yet.

I would appreciate information on other on-line sources to check if you know of any that have done you right in the past.  While Cabelas & Scheels may not have the lowest prices on this, I can get them shipped to my local stores for free and the oversize box fee can generate some hefty shipping charges.  Thanks for any help you can send my way.  It's going to be a great year - I hope!   ;D
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Is it too early to start thinking about it?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2019, 10:32 AM »
You should be real happy with that Nanook Bob. I have looked at few of the sites I have used before for gear and have not seen your tent, Yet.  Im sure they'll be popping up in no time                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2019, 08:24 PM »
I got my Reeds Family Sports  catalog yesterday... got me going. They have them all, but they charge freight as well.

Tight lines  :tipup:
Wyo Ice
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #3 on: Sep 26, 2019, 10:47 AM »
No it’s not I have worked on my sled and my sleeper tent already and now I am ready for some ice

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 27, 2019, 10:09 AM »
As it stands right now, here re the prices on the Nanook XL Thermal delivered to my home or a local store:

Click on the image below to see it in a bigger format.

Sportsmans Guide (SG) has free shipping for Club Members and would be the best place to buy it even with the Annual Club Membership fee of $50.  The shipping fee shown for SG line above is the oversize item fee required by FedEx.  If I also buy the Frogg Toggs breathable waders from SG, that would split the membership fee in half and the total cost of the Nanook would then be $507.95
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #5 on: Sep 27, 2019, 01:46 PM »
Looks like SG is the place and with the membership you'll be able to take advantage of things thru out the year
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.