Author Topic: PV narrows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1085 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
PV narrows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: Jan 11, 2012, 07:53 AM »
Anybody been by the narrows lately? Read on another site that some people had been out there fishin for the slabs
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline sorenson

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing - it's not just for breakfast anymore.
Re: PV narrows?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2012, 08:04 AM »
There's been a few people on it, none of which was me.  There was still open water inside the buoy line as of Sunday evening.
S.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: PV narrows!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2012, 07:26 PM »
K so I just couldn't wait. Drove up and there is 4-6in in the narrows on the north side, talked to another guy out there that said it did get thinner 4in the more you got out into the center. Only ventured out to 55FOW 6in of ice and was marking fish right away. They were pretty tight lipped for awhile but as soon as it started to get dark them crappies started biting. Was only able to get these two before I got too cold and when i say cold i mean it was "FREAKING COLD" dont know how that open water has made it. Should of brought the tent. Anyways I'm sure its gonna be busy up there this weekend. The open water by the dam is a little deceiving which is why it hasn't been gettin fished too much yet, everyone thinks it too thin all over in the narrows. So now the cats outta the bag. Its slab time

There's been a few people on it, none of which was me.  There was still open water inside the buoy line as of Sunday evening.
S.

Thanks sorenson
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: PV narrows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2012, 12:35 AM »
NOW we're talkin! Nice job Musky... time to start chasing the pannies!  :tipup:

Offline theguide

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2012, 09:50 PM »
Nice looking fish. I've never fished PV. I've never caught a crappie either. Going to have to change both of those. Can anyone tell me a good place to take my kids for some fast action on the perch? I've heard they're not real big there, but if I could get the kids into some fast action that would be great.

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2012, 10:42 PM »

Can anyone tell me a good place to take my kids for some fast action on the perch? I've heard they're not real big there, but if I could get the kids into some fast action that would be great.

Mantua Reservoir has perch (along with bluegill and trout) and good ice... not sure about the average size, but it's small enough that you can search out the bite and find some fish for your kids.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2012, 12:36 AM »
Nice looking fish. I've never fished PV. I've never caught a crappie either. Going to have to change both of those. Can anyone tell me a good place to take my kids for some fast action on the perch? I've heard they're not real big there, but if I could get the kids into some fast action that would be great.
Thanks guide they were definately welcome on the end of my line  :thumbsup:  Now if we could just get big bro or sis to cooperate ;) if your lookin for some fast perch like dizzy said mantua is prob your best bet as that perch and blue gill action is great at times. The bite has slowed over the years at most of the usually good spots. K2 and dubob did really good at newton which is always a good option just a little farther north. Crappie at the view is definately picking up now that the lake is finally gettin a good cap just gotta find em. good luck and tight lines  :tipup:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.