Author Topic: Ice conditions at Utah Lake  (Read 933 times)

Offline snakeriverman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ice conditions at Utah Lake
« on: Jan 06, 2012, 11:06 AM »
Anybody been down to any of the harbors recently, just wondering what the warm weather has done to the ice.  Might not be able to hit Rockport in the morning like I had hoped so I was thinking about running out there if the ice is ok.

thanks

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Ice conditions at Utah Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2012, 01:22 PM »

Anybody been down to any of the harbors recently, just wondering what the warm weather has done to the ice.  Might not be able to hit Rockport in the morning like I had hoped so I was thinking about running out there if the ice is ok.

thanks

I spoke to Blake at Sportsman's Warehouse in Provo this morning... he heard reports on the 3rd that the main lake is "soft" in a lot of places but guys were still fishing the harbors for White Bass.

I saw another report on BFT.com from the 4th that said 4-5 inches at Lindon Harbor with bad edges.

This weather is insane.  :-\

Offline snakeriverman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2012, 03:17 PM »
Yes it is, I want some cold weather to harden some spots up.  Well I may still make it to Rockport, if not might try a Harbor on Utah lake, either way will post when I get back.

Thanks,

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2012, 10:15 AM »
a friend of mine was in lindon harbor saturday and had his foot go through, he kept going and had a good white bass trip, but said the ice was pretty soft and didn't think it would last another week with this upper 30's bs.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.