Author Topic: on the drive north  (Read 1197 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
on the drive north
« on: Dec 29, 2011, 05:54 PM »
Well arrived at our destination today and while passing willard (north marina) that rain did a good number on the ice. Looked like a bit of standing water on top of the ice. Nobody there.  Devils creek res. Outside malad had around 5 groups on the ice and just like home NO SNOW!! Pretty crazy. I sure hope this warm spell passes thru here quick and gets down right bone chilling COLD
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: on the drive north
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2011, 08:16 PM »
Well arrived at our destination today and while passing willard (north marina) that rain did a good number on the ice. Looked like a bit of standing water on top of the ice. Nobody there.  Devils creek res. Outside malad had around 5 groups on the ice and just like home NO SNOW!! Pretty crazy. I sure hope this warm spell passes thru here quick and gets down right bone chilling COLD

This weather is crazy... supposed to be 57* F tomorrow here in the valley!  >:(

I think I'll switch it up to Mantua for Saturday morning... at least I "think" we still have good ice there.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2011, 10:56 PM »
I hope that ice holds out for ya, 50 degrees is just insane in dec  :cookoo: im gonna be pretty mad if i cant get my snowmobile on the view this year  :%$#!: gonna make findin the slabs very difficult and tiring. Anyways good luck to you im gonna have to wait till next week to get out
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2011, 08:28 AM »
This weather is crazy... supposed to be 57* F tomorrow here in the valley!  >:(

I think I'll switch it up to Mantua for Saturday morning... at least I "think" we still have good ice there.

My cousin was on Mantua yesterday, he said the ice was still in great shape, if it really hits 75* today though, i am not sure what will happen to it!

Offline sorenson

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing - it's not just for breakfast anymore.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2011, 10:29 AM »
Ice was good yesterday; rain made the surface wet and slick.  Wear cleats if you have them, buy some if you don't.  The ice was approaching 10" thick and clear.  Places had up to 1/2 " water standing though. 

Fishing was ok, but not much better.  Caught bluegills, perch and rainbows.   
S.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2011, 02:56 PM »
Lookin like some waders might be a good option too. Lol  heat waves
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2011, 07:08 PM »
 hot weather!!! Come on cold weather, we still need ice on many bodies of water. Pray for cold, cold temps.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.