The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: spoons  (Read 3548 times)

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: spoons
« Reply #30 on: Mar 01, 2015, 03:56 PM »
Obviously we don't care,not them...Not their fault they make everything for us.

The masses want cheap products.  They got cheap products. 
Don

Offline NitroChukar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Mar 01, 2015, 05:36 PM »
At the end of the day they did make some kind of change to their product when they moved it to China....(added the golf ball effect).  I'm wondering why they made the change?  They would have saved $ in labor moving the original product to China.... but I'm betting they switched from the originals to save even more money on materials.

You could argue they changed the design because it works better but it happened right after they moved to China...I don't think that is mere coincidence.... my bet is they cut costs and went with cheaper materials.   Would be cool if Pat O'Grady participated on these forums so we could hear from him.  Cheaper materials and made in China or not... lots of people still love using PK's and I'm sure they do work.
This entire thread is disappointing to see on IS.  All speculation.  Assisinate the company's reputation in a few recklessly worded threads. I've used PK spoons and flutterfish for a while. The paint has held up great  and none of the components have broken. They have done well for me and I have no complaints with them. If they are made in China now,  so what. China has taken over manufacturing for the world. It's how companies manage their QC on products coming out of China that makes the difference. I for one, have been happy with what I've seen PK send out to their resellers.  BTW, I had a question on how to fish the PK spoon a couple weeks ago and sent an email to the company. Mr. O'Grady himself responded and asked me to call him. He gave me some great  advice and I thought that was excellent service.  Don't think you'll find that from a cheap company.

Offline gemcityslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Mar 01, 2015, 08:25 PM »
This entire thread is disappointing to see on IS.  All speculation.  Assisinate the company's reputation in a few recklessly worded threads. I've used PK spoons and flutterfish for a while. The paint has held up great  and none of the components have broken. They have done well for me and I have no complaints with them. If they are made in China now,  so what. China has taken over manufacturing for the world. It's how companies manage their QC on products coming out of China that makes the difference. I for one, have been happy with what I've seen PK send out to their resellers.  BTW, I had a question on how to fish the PK spoon a couple weeks ago and sent an email to the company. Mr. O'Grady himself responded and asked me to call him. He gave me some great  advice and I thought that was excellent service.  Don't think you'll find that from a cheap company.

lol I am not sure why it is disappointing to you.  I don't think what I did here was "assisinate the company's reputation".  I simply mentioned the fact that the spoons seemed to switch from an original version to a different version when they moved production to China...

Frankly there are a lot of people like myself who won't buy crap made in China.  It isn't just a quality issue its a matter of principle.  All the revenue and tax money that could be kept in this state/country go down the drain when people move their company's to China.  It is just an excuse it always is... there ARE companies that make every effort to produce their products here in the states and they are doing fine!!!  They probably do not make as much money as they could if they moved to China, but at the end of the day there ARE more important things than making as much money as possible.

This won't be a surprise to PK lures or anyone else - if you ship your product line to China there will be customers back home who won't support you....

Offline Goodnight

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Mar 01, 2015, 09:50 PM »
I don't believe there was any disrespect meant to Mr O'Grady or PK spoons. in fact I ordered a dozen this weekend.  Just disappointed more and more companies are forced to turn to foreign labor, mostly due to the American consumer and labor costs.
To those who are about to fish, I salute you!

Offline eyewinder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Mar 02, 2015, 10:19 AM »
It may be a bit unrealistic for someone to say that they refuse to buy anything that is made in China.  I'm pretty sure that many parts of larger, assembled items come from China. 

It may, however, be possible to avoid buying a stand-alone item that is marked "China," when other distributors of a similiar item obtain their products from somewhere other than China.
"We are hunters. . .when the buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice. . ."  Sioux war chief

Offline Dorado

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Mar 03, 2015, 09:50 AM »
Jopes, totally understand and agree with what you are saying. The rising cost of labor and materials have made it difficult for American businesses to stay competitive and not pass too much of the cost down to the consumer.  It's just tough to find a "Made in America" sticker on anything anymore.

Actually, the move to outsource to China peaked many years ago, and more and more businesses are moving manufacturing BACK to the US.  China is not that cheap anymore, and the problems with quality and timeliness of delivery outweigh the savings in labor for many companies....

We as consumers make the choice to drive companies off-shore when we choose the absolute cheapest product.

Offline slickrockhounds

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Mar 03, 2015, 08:58 PM »
Frankly there are a lot of people like myself who won't buy crap made in China.  It isn't just a quality issue its a matter of principle.  All the revenue and tax money that could be kept in this state/country go down the drain when people move their company's to China.  It is just an excuse it always is... there ARE companies that make every effort to produce their products here in the states and they are doing fine!!!  They probably do not make as much money as they could if they moved to China, but at the end of the day there ARE more important things than making as much money as possible.

This won't be a surprise to PK lures or anyone else - if you ship your product line to China there will be customers back home who won't support you....

bingo ;)

Offline Goodnight

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Mar 03, 2015, 08:59 PM »
It's unfortunate there aren't more folks like you!
To those who are about to fish, I salute you!

Offline Kinkyline

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • How sweet they are!
« Reply #38 on: Mar 07, 2015, 09:32 PM »
   Make your own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.