The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Return policy abuse !!!!  (Read 5783 times)

Offline Sampson

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Return policy abuse !!!!
« Reply #60 on: Feb 13, 2018, 06:41 PM »
It's all my fault. Lol

Offline gauge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Feb 14, 2018, 07:50 AM »
L. L. Beam has been offering to e-mail your receiptwhen purchased at the store.
This will be a good way to save your proof of purchase for any issues.
I know I haven't been good about saving hard copies.
Fishing the same way and expecting different results.

Offline TroutWorm

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Feb 14, 2018, 08:11 AM »
It's NOT ABUSE if that's their policy. You need to unconfuse your brain

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Feb 14, 2018, 10:21 AM »
they are being sued 5 mill over this by some outer state people
in god we trust

Offline caught_the_fever

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Feb 14, 2018, 01:41 PM »
Some people are taking this post way too seriously...
No offence but I've been in business for over 32 years and your explanation of business accounting is  a bit wrong bub but close enough...

My name is Mike, sorry I haven't introduced myself before.  Also my apologies if my post came across as condescending, certainly not my intent.  Some are just not familiar with the difference in gross sales vs. the bottom line.

I know a number of details were spared to avoid delving too far into a topic most on the board would find boring but out of curiosity, where do you feel the retail accounting went astray?

I don't disagree with you regarding the policy change entirely - the old is generally good for business and if people bought due to that warranty there's a very legit concern how this is applied.  That said, the policy being taken advantage of has been out in the open.  The change may be greed, but may also be trying to keep as many people employed as possible.  Without knowing the numbers, I personally find it tough to criticize a business.

Offline Dankenstein

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Feb 14, 2018, 02:18 PM »

I believe any of us who have stood in the returns line more than once has witnessed abuse of policies.  To expect a consumer grade boot to last an entire lifetime is not a realistic expectation.  I've personally witnessed individuals bringing trash bags of outfits clearly worn for years expecting full refunds.  I believe those cases of trash bags were the exception vs. the rule but I've seen a lot of old stuff showing back up.

Really this should be all that is needed. Has been a great policy. Easy to see why it is not sustainable. I am amazed it lasted as long as it did. I have no doubt they will continue to be great to their loyal customers.

Offline caught_the_fever

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Feb 14, 2018, 02:36 PM »
Really this should be all that is needed. Has been a great policy. Easy to see why it is not sustainable. I am amazed it lasted as long as it did. I have no doubt they will continue to be great to their loyal customers.

I agree, Dankenstein.  It's hard to imagine a business that was so customer-centric completely shifting direction.  I may very well be wrong but I'd expect LL Bean to treat their loyal customers well and err in their favor while utilizing this change to say no to unrealistic expectations some, emphasizing some, held.  Only time will tell.

Offline TroutWorm

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Feb 14, 2018, 03:05 PM »
Question for ya, how does Ll bean know who their loyal customers are? I buy stuff there bc it's closer than cabellas and they treat me the same as the person before me and the person after me.

Offline Shrinkage

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Fish Therefore I Am
« Reply #68 on: Feb 14, 2018, 04:14 PM »
Just throwing this out there, fun fact. I shot my first deer on the same mountain that Leon Leonwood Bean shot his.
May God bless and keep you always, may your wishes all come true.
May you always do for others and let others do for you.
May you build a ladder to the stars and climb on every rung,
May your hands always be busy, may your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation when the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, may your songs always be sung.
May you stay forever young.

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Feb 14, 2018, 04:17 PM »
ll shrinkage
in god we trust

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #70 on: Feb 14, 2018, 04:27 PM »
It's near impossible to stay in business with a giant like Amazon out there doing all the things that no other can afford to do.

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline JDK

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Feb 14, 2018, 04:44 PM »
Just throwing this out there, fun fact. I shot my first deer on the same mountain that Leon Leonwood Bean shot his.

That is cool.
I'm just here to read what all the experts have to say.

Offline Gettinjiggy1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Feb 14, 2018, 05:17 PM »
 If I were LL Bean  I would be worrying about the giant influx of A- holes that are going to flood those stores now that the  announcement has been made..  for me ,  everybody knows right from wrong (  some people just choose wrong ) and in the coming months you'll see a big spike in fraudulent claims. The dumbasses that were using the system will show their ugly heads in the next year.
Flaaaaaaaaag!!!

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Feb 14, 2018, 08:12 PM »
The dumbasses that were using the system will show their ugly heads in the next year.

That’s to put it lightly. When brookstone changed its policy, it got ugly and took a while for the public to learn about the changes. I’m sure if the person still has the original receipt with the original warranty/guarantee on it, they would honor it, but no more yard sale pickers and good will salvaging.

Offline WhiteSquall

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #74 on: Feb 14, 2018, 09:42 PM »
I think LLB has wanted to make the change for quite some time but doing it with a family member in charge would of brought even more backlash.

Offline Dankenstein

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Feb 15, 2018, 08:26 AM »
Question for ya, how does Ll bean know who their loyal customers are? I buy stuff there bc it's closer than cabellas and they treat me the same as the person before me and the person after me.
They can look up your purchase history when you try to return something.

And if you say "I don't want to give them my name so they can track me" well, can't do much for that. It is what it is, they need some way to protect themselves.

Offline bearnoob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Feb 15, 2018, 08:45 AM »
Love Beans products and services. Have a parka that I still use when ice fishing, have had it since high school and it's still warm. Compare that to the bibs I just bought (not LL Bean) which have stitching ripping out.

On another Bean coat, the button broke. I called and offered to buy a new button and (because they were not made anymore) they offered to pay for a new set of matching of my choice buttons. (Didn't take them up on it, wife found an extra sewed into the bottom of the jacket.) They could have told me to pound sand and I still would be happy with the product.

Hardwater fisherman since 2014. All opinions subject to change as experience increases.

Offline TroutWorm

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Feb 16, 2018, 06:29 PM »
Nope

Offline porkpiehat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Feb 19, 2018, 11:19 PM »
If it makes business sense for them that's their choice. I do know a lot of people who pay their premiums because of that warranty. Never had a problem with their waders, fly rods, etc., but I've bought a few ultralite combos with crappy reels. I would have changed them out but would end up with the same crappy reels that keep breaking. I guess you could say the same with BPS but I don't expect the same quality.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.