Author Topic: Extra Aqua Vu battery??  (Read 3328 times)

Offline kingfshr16

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
Extra Aqua Vu battery??
« on: Feb 10, 2005, 08:57 AM »
 Do any of you guys have an extra aqua vu battery? If so what kind? I bought a scout and love it, but the battery doesnt last long enough. thanks for any input.
Jason

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
Re: Extra Aqua Vu battery??
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2005, 09:24 AM »
you can get the standard 7.2Amp 12V batteries right at fish307 for around 20 bucks.

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2005, 09:57 AM »
The only problem is some don't fit into the Scout's case so you might have to make or purchase another battery cable.
Follow the bubbles...

Offline kingfshr16

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2005, 11:11 AM »
 That's what i was wondering about was the cable, can you buy just cables? and from where?
Jason

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2005, 12:14 PM »
I know you can get the parts to make one from Radio Shack.  All you need is the plug end, some wire, clips, and a fuse connector.  If you are making it long I'd go with thicker wire.  I was thinking of making one about four feet long so I could keep the battery in the sled.
Follow the bubbles...

Offline baginwal

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2005, 03:31 PM »
I know you can get the parts to make one from Radio Shack.  All you need is the plug end, some wire, clips, and a fuse connector.  If you are making it long I'd go with thicker wire.  I was thinking of making one about four feet long so I could keep the battery in the sled.

Kingfish:  I purchased a 2nd battery for the scout from Thorne Bros ($14.99) It is the original.   What I didn't realize was you need to remove the monitor in order to put the battery in (hassle). 

I would go with BigRed's advice and get a more powerful battery and rig up jumpers.
No Politics............Ju st Fish!

Offline unclesmallie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2005, 06:19 PM »
I also have extras. They are interchangable between my Vex and camera. I rigged up a cord with a cig lighter on one end and alligator clips on the other. Now I always have a backup cookin' in the truck while I am on the ice. :tipup:

Offline Hardguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2005, 07:47 PM »
Are you saying the scout uses the same battery as the Vex?

Offline kingfshr16

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2005, 09:20 PM »
 Thanks guys im gunna stop at 307 and pick up one.
Jason

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 11, 2005, 08:23 AM »
Are you saying the scout uses the same battery as the Vex?

It can, but they are different sizes.  The Vex battery is bigger and won't fit into the Scout's case.
Follow the bubbles...

Navigator

« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2005, 06:32 AM »
I wanted to be able to have more battery life for my Scout, so I bought an automotive male/female plug set at Auto Mart.  I took one end of it and wired it into the Scout power cord.  To do this I simply cut off the original battery fittings, put the new wires together with the original wires and added new fittings.

In my sled I have a bank of two of the larger 7Ah batteries (like for the lux) These are wired in parallel so I still have just 12 volts, but now I have 14Ah worth of juice.  These run my hut string lights etc.  I added a pigtail to the other end of the auto male/female plug.  Now, I can use the Scout on it's own, or... when it is mounted on the side of my hut sled, it can be plugged into the other batteries.  Works great.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.