Author Topic: Figure 8 lake Fishing report  (Read 851 times)

Offline dan_f1422

• IceShanty Rookie
Figure 8 lake Fishing report
« on: Jan 19, 2008, 09:45 PM »
Sorry it took me until today to post about my trip on Thursday. I like to see up to date reports on the message boards. Anyway, I trekked out to Figure 8 on Thursday. I took the day off and loaded up the ATV and made a day of it out there. The trail in was severely drifted and at one time I was doubting I could make it the last 9 miles in as I got stuck in a drift.

The fishing was awesome! I fished on the west side of the lake, south of the point in about 6 FOW. I was all set up and had my first flag around 11:00am. I used herring halves fished 1 to 2 feet off the bottom. I fished until 2:30pm and decided to get out of there when the wind kicked up and caused near white out conditions on the lake.

I ended up icing 17 northerns the largest one being 11 pounds. I also had a nice fat 9 pounder. I probably missed 20 flags... Yeah, really! All in all the fish seemed to be a lot bigger than the previous winters fishing out there. I only caught 3 or 4 hammer handles, everything else was respectable in the 3 to 4 pound range.

I've got pictures of the larger fish, just haven't figured out how to post them to this message board...

Good luck and tight lines!

Offline JeepAlaska

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Figure 8 lake Fishing report
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2008, 10:20 PM »
Sounds like you had a great day, thanks for the report.

Dustin

Offline murphyslaw

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Figure 8 lake Fishing report
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2008, 02:32 AM »
hope no one is going out there tomorrow supposed to snow and blow like 50

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.