Author Topic: Dead!  (Read 3901 times)

Offline #1fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Dead!
« on: Jan 01, 2019, 06:50 PM »
Why has this site become so dead? I haven't been able to go just yet andcreading aboutthe adventures of others keeps me enthused and decision making when i do go. I've got my favs so not looking for anyones. Just like to know ice conditions and not wasting fuel going to a poor spot. Made some friends here and hope people come back
Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing.
Clark Gable

Offline #1fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Dead!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2019, 12:36 PM »
86 people viewed this and not one response i guess everybody here now are peepers. Just looking for info not willing to give.
Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing.
Clark Gable

Offline bobby2unes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2019, 03:38 PM »
I was out at Lac Ste. Ann last Saturday in a blizzard. Ice was about 13 inches of ice about 1km from shore. No walleye, just one decent pike in 15 FOW. And really small perch. Not a soul out there except for me. Going to take a long drive soon to look for some perch.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2019, 03:59 PM »
Fished St. Anne for many years, there are a couple spots that I know of that you have to watch out for on there. A rock reef running sort of NE between the mid lake island and castle island. Also a long rock reef running NE from the white house on the WS of Mission Point. Rock reefs in these areas are only 2 or so feet below the surface and ice is always pretty "iffy" around them. 

Offline Shotgun

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2019, 10:44 AM »
Ice was kinda hard but fishn was not to hot.  Got better once I moved to the other side of the lake by the old grey barn. ;D

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2019, 06:57 PM »
everybody's on their g.d facebook.

Offline demasterangler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2019, 06:36 PM »

Face Book ....mostly hammer handles and pictures of tents .
            Piles of trolls on there !
          This is where the Fishermen are ...
         Southern Alberta poor year for ice...
         Kite flying,the best ....close to 75 Km today ..

Offline Homewrecker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2019, 09:51 PM »
Why has this site become so dead? I haven't been able to go just yet andcreading aboutthe adventures of others keeps me enthused and decision making when i do go. I've got my favs so not looking for anyones. Just like to know ice conditions and not wasting fuel going to a poor spot. Made some friends here and hope people come back

Most of use are just like you...just have not made it out yet.
Homewrecker (Boats Name)

Offline stiknfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2019, 10:46 AM »
86 people viewed this and not one response i guess everybody here now are peepers. Just looking for info not willing to give.
Or people haven’t been out  and don’t have much to offer as of yet

Offline ote.fly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2019, 06:13 PM »
Or people haven’t been out  and don’t have much to offer as of yet

Or like myself been ou 4 times since Christmas, 6 or 8 lakes and only have seen 5 or 6 fish in total. I’m getting a complex it’s me!

Green statement: No trees were harmed by this post, but billions of electrons were really agitated.

Offline SkWalter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 07, 2019, 10:23 AM »

I think that has more to do with the thread title being ambiguous than anything.  "Dead!" could mean anything.  People click it to see what is going on, but don't have anything to add to the topic.

In the spirit of adding some value, I have been out 7 times so far this year.  Twice to Lower Chain north of Athabasca for tigers and rainbows.  Decent success, but hot and heavy for 40 min-1 hour and then quiet.  Then fire up again.  Three times to the Meadow Lake area.  Fishing was slow.  We ended up catching perch, but next to no pike on camera and zero walleye. The most recent time was to Slave Lake this past weekend.  Ice was 16-18" thick with big heaves and really rough ice.  Fishing was slow.  Walleye would come in and eye the baits and slowly leave.  We ended up getting our fish, but it took longer than usual.  Simple jig and minnow. 

Offline #1fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 08, 2019, 10:09 AM »
Thank you to the people who replied. It was just a conversation starter just want to read and engage others who love the hard water. Sounds like a tough year whatever the cause. Hopefully we see better results soon tight lines everybody!
Clark Gable

Offline Vacation

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 11, 2019, 03:03 PM »
Been out 3 times. Sylvan twice, Burnstick once. Burnstick sucked- baby perch....nothing else. Sylvan was promising. Caught a few walleye, burb....lost a pike. Saw some small perch as well as a hog Daddy pike. Look forward to going out again but it wasn't amazing so hard to get motivated as its a bit of a tour....hah.

Offline calgarygringo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 13, 2019, 08:09 PM »
Been out several times and having a great year so far. Quantities have been good,size good and the fish n chips after even better. Weather has sucked and not much ice but enough to walk out so no complaints here.

Offline wcbarkerf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 13, 2019, 10:15 PM »
Been out 3 times. Sylvan twice, Burnstick once. Burnstick sucked- baby perch....nothing else. Sylvan was promising. Caught a few walleye, burb....lost a pike. Saw some small perch as well as a hog Daddy pike. Look forward to going out again but it wasn't amazing so hard to get motivated as its a bit of a tour....hah.
Where are you at.  I go to sylvan a few times a year and stay in motel over night.

Offline swampy45

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • going for the record books
« Reply #15 on: Jan 13, 2019, 10:54 PM »
  Face Book ....mostly hammer handles and pictures of tents .
            Piles of trolls on there !
          This is where the Fishermen are ...
         Southern Alberta poor year for ice...
         Kite flying,the best ....close to 75 Km today ..
       I’ll be down to fish soon! Expect a phone call!
coffee- do stupid things faster, with more energy.

Offline hard water wolf pack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 14, 2019, 11:07 AM »
made it out to ghost on sunday not a bite, but weather couldn't have been nicer

Offline DoctorK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 15, 2019, 08:58 PM »
We've been out twice to L. Chain...a few decent rainbows landed first time, almost asleep last Saturday when this brute woke me up...19 long 12 girth great fight....Doc

Offline calgary-john

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 01, 2019, 12:02 AM »
Been to Mcgregor a few times and chain lakes once.  1st time at Mcgregor caught 6 or 7 walleye and 4-5 pike. Walleye would be good chunky eater size and the pike were all XL hammerhandles.

2nd time at Mcgregor we were going for Whites, May have went to Far East on the rock wall, were literally fishing right where the rocks meet the mud in about 9’ of water, caught 1 pike and seen 1 whitefish 2 times on the camera. There were other people fishing the Rockwall but a lot closer to the west side.

Chain lakes we were on the north end looking for suckers. Marked fish with the Marcum, had 2 lite bites which I assume were from trout but nothing actually hooked.

Offline SNAPFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Feb 01, 2019, 08:49 AM »
See, this place is not dead  ;D

Honestly, Ice Shanty is huge, still.  The number of members here is truly something and it is surviving.  If we hide in just the AB section no wonder you would think this is dead.  Try something like posting in the Ice Fishing General Chit Chat - as in how about an early ice report next year showing how quickly we are out there.  That is something that will be of interest to our state-side members who are still waiting for ice.  Promote the AB area by posting the link to the AB forum at the end of your post. 

Also, post some of your reports in the General Pics and/or Video sections.  Brandon, your vids would go over very well in the general video section  ;)

The main forum list can be accessed here:
https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?action=forum

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.