The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Because ice is scarce  (Read 789 times)

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Because ice is scarce
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2024, 05:42 PM »
They need to get an icefishing tank for us diehard icefishermen! 😜
Where's the FISH?!

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2024, 06:29 PM »
Living in Sepa .I've learned to adapt. I catch gills, perch & crappies  in the open water during the winter. Id rather be on the ice. But I can't control the weather. Ice fishing is a thing of the past. Another decade it probably will not be a pa thing at all.  :'(

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2024, 06:42 PM »
They need to get an icefishing tank for us diehard icefishermen! 😜

You're right about that.  Ice fishermen don't get no respect from those guys.   ;D

Offline Nam 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Never Forget Them! All Gave Some but Some Gave ALL
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2024, 07:46 AM »
Living in Sepa .I've learned to adapt. I catch gills, perch & crappies  in the open water during the winter. Id rather be on the ice. But I can't control the weather. Ice fishing is a thing of the past. Another decade it probably will not be a pa thing at all.  :'(
I agree with you. My son who has his own family now brings up the time we were in Tusky ice fishing and had over 20 inches of ice. That same year was when my wife bought me a gas auger. Jan.1994

Offline BIGDEERHUNTER63

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2024, 11:55 AM »
I agree with you. My son who has his own family now brings up the time we were in Tusky ice fishing and had over 20 inches of ice. That same year was when my wife bought me a gas auger. Jan.1994

YOU CAN REMEMBER 1994 BUT THAT WAS NOT NORMAL IT WAS A RECORD COLD MONTH ONLY 2ND TO 1977 . That year I had to shovel snow on to my ice sled and drag it to the street to melt so I could get my camper out of the yard the first week of April to go for trout season .

Offline Nam 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Never Forget Them! All Gave Some but Some Gave ALL
« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2024, 03:21 PM »

YOU CAN REMEMBER 1994 BUT THAT WAS NOT NORMAL IT WAS A RECORD COLD MONTH ONLY 2ND TO 1977 . That year I had to shovel snow on to my ice sled and drag it to the street to melt so I could get my camper out of the yard the first week of April to go for trout season .

LOL. 

Offline chapru

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2024, 07:30 PM »
That’s exactly what happened to me that year; I was fishing PL and I was on my hands and knees to finish hand drilling through 24” of ice. I drilled five holes only and thought the fish better come to me.
  I bought my Jiffy Model 30 that spring on sale.

Offline challmd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 24, 2024, 09:15 AM »

Has anybody hit Lake Jean yet. Its, been my go to place when nothing else is doing in the lakes northern  and southern to it ???
Jps854*$!

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 24, 2024, 04:12 PM »

drag the snow to the street in a sled!? Was that uphill both ways then?

;D ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.