The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: WARMUP  (Read 3530 times)

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: WARMUP
« Reply #30 on: Jan 29, 2024, 09:24 AM »
Positive vibes everyone. Starting Saturday lows in Pike county will be in the mid teens for 1 week. Highs touching 30 degrees.

👍😎🤞
Where's the FISH?!

Offline BIGDEERHUNTER63

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 29, 2024, 02:01 PM »
Positive vibes everyone. Starting Saturday lows in Pike county will be in the mid teens for 1 week. Highs touching 30 degrees.

Several of you fine Ice fishermen have been chasing the 10 to 15 day forecast since I opened the weather topic back on December 6th you will find as we get close to this coming weekend that the forecast will be not so cold.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 30, 2024, 07:31 AM »
Well, we will see................but I will keep track of conditions and the forecast. A lot of folks are complaining about the lousy season, but I have been on the ice 6 days so far.

You can bet if I can find 3.5-4” of good ice, I will be fishing!  ;)  ;D. It may take a little work to find it, and/or driving an hour or 2, but whatever it takes...............
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Bucketwarmer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 30, 2024, 08:44 PM »
I agree!  I am a motivated driver to find ice.  I just have to travel further more often now. 

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 31, 2024, 06:49 AM »
I checked our private lake yesterday after work and was pleasantly surprised to see how well it was holding it’s ice.

I walked out testing with the spud as I went. 10 hits of spud before breakthrough. And I measured 3.5” of ice which was the same as Saturday morning.

The shoreline had deteriorated a bit, but I was able to find a spot to walk on and off easily. And once on, I could have walked just about anywhere on the lake.

I think we’ll be OK here in the Poconos until the next real COLD snap comes............
Where's the FISH?!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Feb 28, 2024, 06:53 PM »

Several of you fine Ice fishermen have been chasing the 10 to 15 day forecast since I opened the weather topic back on December 6th you will find as we get close to this coming weekend that the forecast will be not so cold.

Check the date on these pics:

I was back on the ice by that Sunday...............a nd pretty much the rest of February!  ;) ;D

Where's the FISH?!

Offline BIGDEERHUNTER63

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Mar 01, 2024, 02:54 PM »
Check the date on these pics:

I was back on the ice by that Sunday...............a nd pretty much the rest of February!  ;) ;D

I'm very happy you live close to these high elevation lakes/ponds up in the north east corner of the state and these places held very marginal ice (that most would never go out on ) and returned safe . You may do this a lot but it don't make you courageous or THE MAN . You put your life in danger ,and worry family members  and the first responders if you go through . you may beat the REAPER 1 or 1000 times he only needs to win 1 time .

Offline PaCarpboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Mar 01, 2024, 03:03 PM »
Hey BDH63, what are you talking about?   Rutt Nutt is the safest ice fisherman I know and has provided all of us on this site with valuable intel on ice conditions.   He does not brag and only tells it like it is.   You need to be a bit more respectful my man. 

Offline icehound67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Mar 01, 2024, 03:48 PM »
AGREED

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Mar 01, 2024, 07:35 PM »
Thanks guys! Funny how some folks think they know you and can make all kind of accusations without ever meeting or fishing with you................  ::)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline pabassman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Mar 01, 2024, 09:29 PM »
Thanks guys! Funny how some folks think they know you and can make all kind of accusations without ever meeting or fishing with you................  ::)

And this is why I made the post a month ago.

Why are you here?
« on: Jan 31, 2024, 12:08 PM »

This is an ICE FISHING site. Ice availability in PA the past two seasons has sucked.  Idk why some seem to take pleasure in that....on an ICE FISHING page. There seems to be a few folks that post only negative comments, complain and get into pissing matches with others. So I ask, why are you here. These same folks dont add reports, conditions or positive advice.

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #41 on: Mar 01, 2024, 10:22 PM »

I consider you the ice-father.  ;D Your posts and pictures keep us all safe. Thanks. Maybe we will meet sometime next year.
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Mar 02, 2024, 06:35 AM »
Who? Rutt? meh, never liked the guy.  ;D

Actually, Rutt took me ice fishing for the first time. Went to some private pond that was about 2ft deep. Never even saw a fish but had a good time. Rutt is all about safety and friendship and would never steer you wrong. Except when you're turkey hunting. The guy can't sit still for one minute!!! LMAO!!!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Mar 02, 2024, 06:49 AM »
I consider you the ice-father.  ;D Your posts and pictures keep us all safe. Thanks. Maybe we will meet sometime next year.

LOL- thanks JMZ- we’ll have to make it a point to meet somewhere next season! Maybe we can get a group together.............. ....
Where's the FISH?!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Mar 02, 2024, 06:53 AM »
Who? Rutt? meh, never liked the guy.  ;D

Actually, Rutt took me ice fishing for the first time. Went to some private pond that was about 2ft deep. Never even saw a fish but had a good time. Rutt is all about safety and friendship and would never steer you wrong. Except when you're turkey hunting. The guy can't sit still for one minute!!! LMAO!!!

LMBO! 🤣🤣🤣  That’s why I use a blind now!(for turkey hunting) Who would use one for ice fishing...........  ;) ;D
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Mar 02, 2024, 08:22 AM »
dude, turkeys have ears. They hear that dang country music a mile away! And yelling "FISH ON!" is a dead giveaway! :roflmao:

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Mar 02, 2024, 09:06 AM »
LOL! I just can’t help it Spider...........it’s my “Hillbilly bone!” 😜

3D[/youtube]
Where's the FISH?!

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #47 on: Mar 02, 2024, 11:34 AM »
Thanks,I needed the video to get the lead out!
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Mar 02, 2024, 11:50 AM »
sorry. This is as close to country as I can stand!

Offline arkansaspete

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #49 on: Mar 02, 2024, 12:50 PM »
No no no,ain’t no Merl, Hank ,Waylon,Willie in that country son,can’t listen to the new stuff all sounds the same. A/P :tipup:

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Mar 02, 2024, 01:12 PM »
LOL, son???

Yeah, the only reason I even know that song is cuz of Ivan. Rutt knows, I can't stand that country stuff... all sounds the same to me. Like howling hounddogs and backfiring ol' pickup trucks.  ;D

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Mar 02, 2024, 01:40 PM »
sorry. This is as close to country as I can stand!

That’s COOL Spider! 😎 I can handle that! Been listening to Travis Tritt for 30+ years..............in fact I saw him in concert at the Troy Fair 2 years ago. STILL going strong!  :o
Where's the FISH?!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Mar 02, 2024, 01:43 PM »
LOL, son???

Yeah, the only reason I even know that song is cuz of Ivan. Rutt knows, I can't stand that country stuff... all sounds the same to me. Like howling hounddogs and backfiring ol' pickup trucks.  ;D

🤣🤣🤣
Where's the FISH?!

Offline BIGDEERHUNTER63

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Mar 02, 2024, 05:00 PM »
I hate both kinds country and western

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Mar 05, 2024, 10:47 AM »

Offline saphireblue99

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Mar 05, 2024, 11:13 AM »
60's old school country, singers that grew up dirtpoor, actually in the boonies. Today just throw on a hat, change your name and your there. Jellyroll??? come
on man ???

Offline BIGDEERHUNTER63

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Mar 05, 2024, 01:43 PM »
I heard a line from a country song that I was made to listen to , and I agree was on a quiet night you can hear a RAM rust .

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Mar 05, 2024, 08:50 PM »
LOL, son???

How ‘bout this one Spider? 😜

1[/youtube]
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Mar 06, 2024, 11:00 AM »
🤣🤣🤣
Where's the FISH?!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum