The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: New ice shelter?????  (Read 857 times)

Offline KQ700

• Team IceShanty Regular
New ice shelter?????
« on: Oct 20, 2014, 08:41 PM »
0I have a Frabill Commando, I really like but I would  like more room. I'm thinking about getting the Frabill Fishouflage Ambush. I really like the idea or a door on both sides. What dose everyone think? ??? ??? ???
A Bad Day Fishing Is Better Than A Good Day At Work
Member of FLW & B.A.S.S.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
Re: New ice shelter?????
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2014, 08:34 AM »
Like the Frabill shacks, but the sleds don't seem deep enough for me.

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2014, 08:51 AM »
good video

&feature=youtu.be
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2014, 09:41 PM »
if it thermal i would say it maybe  worth it for the fishaufloge shelter. if not it will only be 300d single layer  if any think i would look at the flipmo2 and the otter xt650 cabin or some thing similar with thermal.   

Offline tr7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2014, 03:52 AM »
I looked very hard at this shack last year when I was shopping for a new one. I've never been very brand specific, but for the most part always owned Frabil. When this came out I loved the idea of the side doors and the flat front. With that being said, I did a lot of home work and took A LOT of trips to Cabelas before pulling the trigger on a new shack.

I would say you really need to consider how you will be using it. By that I mean how your towin it, storing it, transporting it. Will all of these things considered I ended up buying the Clam Voyager TCX. They are roughly the same fishable area, the Clam is a little taller, but most of all the Clam is lighter. I'm usually loading and unloading my shack by myself. I also still need the ability to walk it out from time to time. I really needed to consider all of these factors. On top of that I think Clam has better stock features and they offer a ton of really useful accessories.

Not trying to promote one over the other. Just giving you my experience last year when faced with buying a new one. Most of all, I would say check them all out in great detail before making a purchase.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.