Author Topic: Wind  (Read 1956 times)

Offline mountainscout

• IceShanty Rookie
Wind
« on: Dec 24, 2007, 10:03 AM »
I seem to say this every year: Is it me, or is the wind worse this year than it was last? I haven't had even one calm day on the ice yet, the wind always seems to be ripping across the lake at 30+ mph. Red Feather Lakes is definitely prone to winds, but it is ridiculous this year. Even if the trout are biting, it's tough to stay out more than an hour without a shelter.

How are the weather conditions everywhere else?

Offline metalhed

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Wind
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2007, 06:01 PM »
no wind at Antero today,    bitter cold but no wind.  driving to the lake there was alot of wind.  from Kenosha to fairplay the wids was real bad, but once the sun came up   zero wind.

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2007, 08:35 AM »
I wondered the same thing, but guess fishing Antero out on the South Park flats is a little more windy. We'll see this week as I'm hitting a few other lakes.

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 25, 2007, 11:13 AM »
Just got off the phone with my cousin in Divide,he said its snowing like hell right now,were fixin to pull out from Indiana in about 4-5 hours for that 20 hour drive to the Gold Medal waterland,I'm so stoked,we'll be fishing 11 mile Thursday and Friday,then road trippin it up to Twin Lakes for 2 days and then on to Blue Mesa,and back to 11mile,hope this wind dies down for us.

Offline mountainscout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2007, 02:46 PM »
Just got off the phone with my cousin in Divide,he said its snowing like hell right now,were fixin to pull out from Indiana in about 4-5 hours for that 20 hour drive to the Gold Medal waterland,I'm so stoked,we'll be fishing 11 mile Thursday and Friday,then road trippin it up to Twin Lakes for 2 days and then on to Blue Mesa,and back to 11mile,hope this wind dies down for us.

Good luck. The fishing in Northern CO has been very spotty this year as well. I've heard some good reports from people, but we haven't had a really good day yet this year. Sorry to be a downer, but this ice season is starting out a little lame.

Offline born2fsh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 27, 2007, 05:18 PM »
Good luck. The fishing in Northern CO has been very spotty this year as well. I've heard some good reports from people, but we haven't had a really good day yet this year. Sorry to be a downer, but this ice season is starting out a little lame.
That's the same kind of report I give, when I want people to fish some place else. ;D Fishing has been good for us.

Offline mountainscout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 28, 2007, 09:57 AM »
That's the same kind of report I give, when I want people to fish some place else. ;D Fishing has been good for us.

I wish that were true. Unfortunately, it really has been kind of crappy up here.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.