Author Topic: Witchers  (Read 1075 times)

Offline _colorado

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired to MN
Witchers
« on: Jan 15, 2012, 04:30 PM »
Had an awesome sunrise this morning.  The pic is grainy but I thought it was worth posting anyway.

Had decent action this morning and left at 12:15.  No wind to speak of - so far.  Altogether I landed 7 or 8 dinks and 1 nice bow with wild red gill plates, a smidge over 20".  Hit a pink tube jig in 17FOW.   I had one pike in the 30" class go eye-to-eye with my waterdog for five seconds but that was it.  No pike love today!

I'll be back tomorrow morning for the MLK blowdown - just like the New Years Eve hurricane.  Hopefully I'll do better.

Hey, does anyone know why the photos are so large?  What am I doing wrong?  I link it to photobucket but it doesn't size it properly.

Offline arkansas angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Witchers
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2012, 05:07 PM »
Nice fish and great looking sunrise. Where can you get waterdogs?

Offline coboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2012, 06:34 PM »
Colorado,you left before the gusts, which started at 12:45 pm. I was so geared up to fish I didn't even see that sunrise! Glad you did better than me today. You may need to edit your pics on
Photo Bucket. You can also preview your post to see if the pics are right. Nice fish!

Offline bgflys

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2012, 07:59 PM »
Beautiful sunrise. Those late risers would never see that beauty, huh?

Nice fish. Has some great color too.

Make sure you copy the "IMG code" file and paste it in your post. Try that.

"B"

Offline _colorado

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired to MN
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2012, 09:06 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions on photo editing.  B - I did copy the [img] link from photobucket and pasted that in the thread but the pix still came out large (last post too).  I didn't see any editing options in photobucket but is that because I have a free account?  Do you think it has to do with the filesize?

Coboy - where were you?  We should connect one day and at least know each other.  I pulled out of Witchers at 12:35 and saw the trees moving as I headed out 59/98 to Florissant.  Gonna have to batten down the hatches tomorrow.  I'll be out at Goose Island, trying to find some shelter on the east side.  Get there before 6AM again, set up the hut and then hunker down for the day, just like New Years Eve.  Beats being at work.

Offline bgflys

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2012, 10:38 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions on photo editing.  B - I did copy the [img] link from photobucket and pasted that in the thread but the pix still came out large (last post too).  I didn't see any editing options in photobucket but is that because I have a free account?  Do you think it has to do with the filesize?

Coboy - where were you?  We should connect one day and at least know each other.  I pulled out of Witchers at 12:35 and saw the trees moving as I headed out 59/98 to Florissant.  Gonna have to batten down the hatches tomorrow.  I'll be out at Goose Island, trying to find some shelter on the east side.  Get there before 6AM again, set up the hut and then hunker down for the day, just like New Years Eve.

Could be the camera/phone setting making it too big. Find out what the equipment is set at that you're using to take pics with.

Enjoy the wind tomorrow. I don't test the wind. Learned long ago not to. I hope the bite is good for you though.

"B"

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2012, 06:41 AM »
While in Photobucket open the picture and then at the top of it there is a function to resize the picture. Resize to 640x480 and then copy the IMG code.
<===Lefty===

Offline _colorado

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired to MN
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2012, 10:12 PM »
Good tips on th epix.  I'll try them next time.

Ark - My buddy got the waterdogs at Bill's Bait in Denver but I hear that Xstream has them in the Springs.

Offline arkansas angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2012, 07:57 AM »
Thanks _colorado. I need to check out Extreme.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.