Author Topic: Barr Lake info  (Read 758 times)

Offline HRDH2OJUNKIE

• IceShanty Rookie
Barr Lake info
« on: Feb 09, 2011, 09:33 AM »
Anyone have any recent ice conditions for Barr Lake would be appreciated.

Thanks

Offline Good Sam

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Barr Lake info
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2011, 09:35 PM »
I fished Barr last Saturday.  The main ice cap was 6-7 inches.  They are still filling the lake so there was some open water around the edge.  I talked to the ranger as I was walking across the dam to use the steps and she told me I was not supposed to use the steps on the dam for what it is worth.  I managed to get on the ice in the northwest corner while only getting wet up to my ankle.  Thank god for goretex boots.  The fish are biting real light.  I talked to a few people who were catching fish and a lot of people who were not catching anything.  The ones catching were all using really light wire indicators.  Good luck.

Offline HRDH2OJUNKIE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2011, 10:24 PM »
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Offline Good Sam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2011, 08:50 PM »
We fished Barr again sunday and only caught 1 fish.  I fell through up to my waist getting off of the ice.  The northwest corner is really rotten.  I was 10 feet from the edge of the ice when I went through.  After climbing back up onto the ice, I walked the rest of the way to the actual edge of the ice then through the water to shore.  When I looked back, I could not see any difference between where I went through and the rest of the ice around.  Be careful out there.

Steve

Offline HRDH2OJUNKIE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2011, 10:53 PM »
Glad your were close to shore, I have never gone in and hope I never do. With all these warm temps I'm sure things are only gonna get worse. Be safe out there and thanks for the heads up. Hope your ok.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.