Author Topic: Airplane Jigs  (Read 1580 times)

Offline flatfish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Airplane Jigs
« on: Dec 31, 2003, 06:30 AM »
Hi,
   I am determined to catch a Lake trout through the ice this year.  I read and I hear about airplane jigs all the time.  In theory, they sound great but I'm having a hard time finding them.  I know Northland sells them but I think the colors are all wrong.  Does someone know where I can buy them with a pearl or glow color.  Also your thoughts on this would be appreciative.

We need some cold weather.

Bob Lyons
Rochester, NY ??? ???

Offline mainefishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re:Airplane Jigs
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2003, 07:54 AM »
I see them at bait shops all the time around here, including walmart... orange ones seem to be deadly for laketrout here in maine... im sure if you cant find one in a shop you can find one online, perhaps through cabelas or some other company

Offline Bobberstop

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have Ice Will Fish R.I.P. TH10 3/20/09
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2003, 07:15 PM »
Just type in northlandtackle.com in your browser window.  
Bobberstop

Offline Fishrmn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Prayin' for sub-zero temps.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 31, 2003, 11:26 PM »
Flatfish,

For lakers, I also like the "Fire-Ball" jig that Northland makes.  It seems to work better for me with a dead minnow than the "Airplane" jig.  They have made them in a pearl glow and several other glow colors.  Usually blue or pink.  The glow still seems to be the same greenish color though.  I'm hoping they come out with a true glow blue, like the Genz Worm.

Fishrmn
Fishrmn

"I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion." Thomas Jefferson

Offline Penguin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice fishermen walk on water!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2004, 07:55 AM »
Flatfish - You've got Gander Mountain right in your back yard, they carry a good selection of Northland tackle. I've got a couple hundred dollars in Xmas gift cards there that are burning a hole in my wallet! Can't wait to get over there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.