Author Topic: Pike Derby Trip  (Read 1313 times)

Offline AKanders

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Got 'im!!
Pike Derby Trip
« on: Mar 05, 2008, 05:35 PM »
Well, I am about 5 days out from my trip into the Nancy lakes system for the Mat Su Pike Derby.  I have the Lynx Lake Cabin 1 (2?) for the night of the 10 and 11th, and the Red Shirt #1 for the 12 and 13th.  I am planning on taking one snowmachine with a jet sled and gear back there and fishing like a madman for 4 days.  Packing will commnce in earnest tonight, and I'm sure will continue until monday morning.  Target species is of course Pike, but since we will not be able to eat any of them until after they are registered when we come out, we will also be putting out burbot sets, and targeting whitefish as well.  I hope that we can post another video for your enjoyment, with lots of big pike.  I think this warm weather is a good sign.  Help get the pike active and moving around and HUNGRY..... ;D

Anyways, I am pretty excited, and hopefully I can post some excellent reports when I get back.  If anyone has any advice or has been out that way recently, please feel free to PM me or post on this thread. 

Until then,

Cheers!

Jake

Offline firefish5000

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Pike Derby Trip
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2008, 11:19 PM »
I would love to join you I still have 2 nights of cabin credit to use this year but just started work so thats it for fishing until november.
Let us know how you did and  were are you putting burbot  sets  ( what lake ) ?

Offline AKanders

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Got 'im!!
Call this a cliffhanger......
« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2008, 12:30 PM »
Wow do I have some fun stories and photos to share with you all!!  It will have to wait until next week though, since I have to catch up on work until then though....but it'll be worth it!!

Tight Lines~

Jake

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Pike Derby Trip
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2008, 06:12 PM »
Looking forward to a good fishin story, It's been a couple of month's since I've hit the ice :o............I'll be hitting the ice next Friday for Pike though  ;).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.