The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: FISHING INVITES / FIND ME ON THE ICE  (Read 106992 times)

Offline MountainMan

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Fish Painter
FISHING INVITES / FIND ME ON THE ICE
« on: Dec 11, 2010, 11:32 AM »
This thread is meant to serve as a resource for those looking for fishing partners. Feel free to post particulars about yourself (fishing related), or simply invite fellow fishermen on specific upcoming fishing trips you are planning. With enough participation this thread could become a "Go-To" list for those seeking fishing partners with similar interests.

Some suggested particulars you could post about yourself: Geographic location, favorite species, bodies of water generally fished, description of vehicle, what you where on the ice etc...

Disclaimer: Use common sense and proper caution when accepting/offering invites to others. If you are under the age of eighteen (18) posting to this thread is prohibited.

*Please use pm's to reply to posts, and modifying posts vs. creating new ones to help keep the thread as clean and organized as possible ;)

Offline fishaholictaz

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: FISHING INVITES / FIND ME ON THE ICE
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2010, 01:08 PM »
I am a 27 yr old father of 2 boys from Laramie. I mainly fish the Laramie Plains lakes. I have a hand auger, a hut and a few rods to offer. I will fish for anything that swims! Drive a green dodge Neon. Always interested in getting on the lake and fishing with new people :tipup:

Get the kids fishing!!

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2010, 04:20 PM »
Don, 37 in Douglas.  Perfer perch, crappie, walleye and trout.  Just love to fish.  Glendo is not iced up yet, so willing to travel for ice and some pointers or company on new waters is appreciated.
Don

Offline Kinkyline

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • How sweet they are!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2010, 09:29 AM »
 :tipup:  Howdy Don...say I can get loose during the week for some hardwater entertainment. Another nut for icefishing,I fish for walleye mainly and catch all others on accident. When the crappie and perch are going thats a blast too, and even like a good cat occasionally.

Outdoor_hardcore

« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2010, 09:48 AM »
Fishen either high savery (if there is safe ice) or saratoga lake this weekend if anyone is interested.

26years old. I have my own equipment..(rods, tip-ups, hand auger, tackle....)

Offline Z.L.BRAWLEE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2010, 01:32 PM »
my name is ryan, i'm 37 years old. i fish the flaming gorge for lake trout and the occaisional rainbow and ling. i have all my own gear. i also fish most of the lakes around pinedale. would be willing to share what knowlage i have of those bodies of water.

Offline cspencer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2010, 11:02 PM »
My Name is Colby I live to fisW fly fishing guide in jackson hole in the summer and U.W. Student in the winter. fish all lakes around Laramie Always looking for people to fish with, 19 years old jackson hole native
Work is for people who do not no how to fish

Offline gsawyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2010, 02:39 PM »
Gordon Sawyer, I'm 25 years old and pretty much just fish in my free time. I have my own power auger and fishing equipment. I have ice fished for about every species in wyoming. Met Taz out on Alsop today and seemed like a great guy.
Can't catch em sittin in the living room!

Offline jholgate

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2010, 03:17 PM »
Hey gordon, small world... Jared Holgate here.   let me or bry know when you get back on this side of the state. We'll fish if we can.
Love,
Jared

Offline WYLINGIT

• IceShanty Rookie
  • 'cause they're tasty!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 16, 2010, 05:42 PM »
Lip ripping is my specialty!!! 27  Power Equipment... BYOBAIT! Not sayin: I probably bring enough to stay for a week! Normally chase bows 'n' ling  "@" the George. I've nvr been into the one fish a day smackin. My goal is to catch the kok's hardwater style! Off of work for the next week Dad is coming over from Cheyenne so we'll definately be a couple JERKS, waiting... Willing to meet up 'n' share stories and advice, would be up to travel to boysen or seminoe for eyes! wy (#) 389-8420 ---------->Leave a message! Shift worker... Thx.  Ben. "WYLINGIT"..... Cause they (LING) are gonna destroy the kokanee in our pond!!!  :'(

Offline ratfink1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep some, eat some, and let some go!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 16, 2010, 08:02 PM »
I'm Chris I live in Cheyenne I like to ice fish for eyes but not very good at it I'm 51 and a electrician

Offline chrys165

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 28, 2010, 03:20 PM »
My name is Christine Peterson and I'm the outdoor reporter for the Casper Star-Tribune. I'm based in Laramie and wondered if any of you were getting together if I could come along for a story on ice fishing near Laramie.
Shoot me an e-mail: [email protected], if you're going out any time in January.
Thanks!

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #12 on: Dec 28, 2010, 03:57 PM »
My name is Christine Peterson and I'm the outdoor reporter for the Casper Star-Tribune. I'm based in Laramie and wondered if any of you were getting together if I could come along for a story on ice fishing near Laramie.
Shoot me an e-mail: [email protected], if you're going out any time in January.
Thanks!
That would be great for the sport!  ;D  It should be a 4-5 part story for the different icefishing areas in Wyoming.  ???   :clap: :thumbsup: :icefish:
Rest in peace Don "LT" Brewer

Offline fishsmith

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 28, 2010, 08:22 PM »
That's way cool count me in Fellers. ;)

Offline fishaholictaz

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Dec 29, 2010, 03:35 AM »
Might as well be the Derby... I am fishing it both days and plan on meeting some shanty members out there...
        Get the kids fishing!!

Offline chrys165

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 29, 2010, 09:37 PM »
Thanks guys! Whenever you're all going to be out there, I'd love to bring a photographer and tag along. I'll be back in Laramie on Jan. 10. Anytime after that would be great. I can't pm on this, so if you want to shoot me an e-mail, it's [email protected].

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #16 on: Dec 30, 2010, 01:20 PM »
Chrys, welcome to the Wyoming Iceshanty and thanks in advance for the coverage, btw, after 5 posts, you'll be able to pm here, again, welcome. Don       LT   Wyoming Iceshanty Moderator  :icefish:

Offline wforbes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 02, 2011, 09:50 PM »
I am 21 years old going to school in Laramie originally from Casper.. I have a gas auger tip ups and quite a bit of other stuff ... I guide fly fisherman durin the summers and live to ice fish during the winter.. I am a walleye guy but realy I just like to catch fish! Big fish are even better ;) .. I have been trying to figure hattie out but its been bending me over hard since it iced up .. We did extremely well with flies the 3 weeks before it froze and now i cant catch a fish to save my life. So if anyone that is in the same boat or actually knows the lake i would love to figure it out!

Willie Forbes
hammer em bud!!! :tipup:

Offline bent arrow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 03, 2011, 08:20 PM »
   Hey Adam here, Iam 35 live just west of Cheyenne with my wife and 2 great kids . We fish ,hunt, ride, camp and enjoy every we can outdoors . I've in lived Lamamie, Rawlins and Cheyenne, and fish as much as I can where I can. Realy likeing the glendo thing but will try about any where ! I usally have my dad with me and between the two of us we got augers, tip ups, jiging rods, huts, and the main thing a good time every time way of thinking ! Hope to see some of you out there. :)

Offline crazy4ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 04, 2011, 08:28 PM »
would be happy if i could find someone to split gas with this weekend to go to glendo...any takers please let me know.live in cheyenne and have flexable hours.

Offline crazy4ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 04, 2011, 09:41 PM »
nice when ever going to saratoga tourney. but im game after that

Offline bent arrow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 05, 2011, 01:25 PM »
         We always got room with us crazy I'll hit you up with a pm and get some days sit up. Them gas prices are getting pretty high.

Offline LukeMelchior

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Jan 08, 2011, 07:30 PM »
Luke 16, cheyenne wy, me and my buddy caleb (ahab) are always looking for partners.

Offline wyruffneck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Jan 08, 2011, 08:38 PM »
hello everyone    Vance (36)  i am planning on going to holmes crossing tomarrow morning and see how i do,  if your out their  and ya see a black GMC stop by and say hi

Offline fishinlove

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 09, 2011, 12:22 PM »
Hey all just wanted to say hi and I just joined and every thing looks really good and everyone seems to help out if needed.

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #25 on: Jan 09, 2011, 03:37 PM »
Hey all just wanted to say hi and I just joined and every thing looks really good and everyone seems to help out if needed.
welcome to IS fishinlove! great group of guys and gals here!
Rest in peace Don "LT" Brewer

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #26 on: Jan 10, 2011, 05:38 PM »
I guess i will follow MM's orders about identifying people on the ice LOL. I fish by myself probably half the time. I'm either in a blue Dodge Megacab or a gold GMC sierra extended cab...and its usually dirty ;) . I always have a "Keeper Deluxe" chair with me out on the ice. Whether my dad's sitting on it or me. It's a chair with a tackle box, if you will, built in. (I'm sure most of you have seen them but if not there you go). Let's see, I'm always in all camo. Always have seclusion bibs on and most of the time the coat as well but as nice as it was the last few I was out I was down to my sweatshirt that is realtree something and says "CARROLL" across the front. I got this goofy lookin' beany for christmas that's blue with flames on it but it has now turned into my fishing hat. Live in Green River and almost ALWAYS fish the Flaming Gorge. Here's a pic.

Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline outdoorschris

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Jan 10, 2011, 05:46 PM »
I have a blue Shappell ice house 5000. Usually run 4 yellow frabill tip up out side the uth and driving either a blue Honda or an older white dodge ram.

going to pathfinder this week end and maybe a couple times this week

Offline perkhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Jan 10, 2011, 08:05 PM »
mike from cody.  I drive a silver dodge, that was last cleaned in July...of '05.  Have a frabill guardian, that I fish out of.  If a flag goes up you won't see me calmly get my minnow bucket and ice scoop and go sauntering over to catch a fish.  I still run and scream at the flag like a dork.  Usually fish with my 6 year old son, who likes to run and scream too.  

Offline outdoorschris

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Jan 11, 2011, 12:37 AM »
mike from cody.  I drive a silver dodge, that was last cleaned in July...of '05.  Have a frabill guardian, that I fish out of.  I a flag goes up you won't see me calmly get my minnow bucket and ice scoop and go sauntering over to catch a fish.  I still run and scream at the flag like a dork.  Usually fish with my 6 year old son, who likes to run and scream too. 

LMBO I do the running part but not the screeming unless I get a big one

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.