Author Topic: Just a word !  (Read 1748 times)

Offline scottbfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • may god bless us all
Just a word !
« on: Jan 28, 2014, 07:26 AM »
I have been reading posts and want to say that maybe I let out a little more info than I should but my intentions were for good and I'm not a selfish fishermen - if you walked up to me on the ice and asked , what you catching them on ? I would show you the jig,tell ya how deep ,and what bait I'm using and heck if there is room drill right here! I guess I just think that people will be respectful to the body of water they are fishing and to the other fishermen !  I would like to say I apologize if anyone thinks I have done something wrong but I just try to help those that ask as much as I can because some of them may have never been here or just started and have no clue how to start. Thanks Scott at Gittin Jiggy With It

Offline Tuna83

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Just a word !
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2014, 07:39 AM »
I must have missed what was said but I'd do the same. If I'm out there catching a bunch and others aren't I gladly let them know what I'm using, depth, etc.  there's plenty of fish in every lake. It's not fun to go out and not catch a thing. If I can give you some info to get you on some fish, I will. I even give out my info on my musky spots which I know other musky guys hate but I like seeing people ENJOY fishing

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2014, 07:41 AM »
Keep up the good work!!!

Offline scottbfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • may god bless us all
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2014, 07:43 AM »
I wasn't talking about just one single thread just in a general overview of many over the past couple of weeks or so.

Offline Indave

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2014, 07:59 AM »
Don't beat yourself up. Sharing info isn't a bad thing. We all started sometime and had to get info. That's how us new guys learn. Thanks

Offline jcindiana

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2014, 08:35 AM »
Keep sharing info nothing worse than a bait shop owner that wont help with info. And share info the same with everyone no matter how much money a guy drops.A can of spikes or a new vex fish are hitting south east from the boat launch 13 fow go get them bring back pics and good luck. Sometimes you got to give info to get info.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Boomer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2014, 08:39 AM »
Scott, I have benefitted from your help. Appreciate it. When it comes down to it though, you still have to put a hook down the hole and catch fish. Summit is a big lake and lots of room for fish to roam.

Offline Dahouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2014, 08:49 AM »
I do the same thing. If you see me at Mormon Hill at the slough stop by and say Hello. always wearing camo jacket with a white camo hat, can't miss me. Caught 25 Bull gills a while back in 3 hours and told a guy when I left to get to the holes i just left and slay 'em. Some guys out there are just goofs. If i have a bad day and only get a half dozen I give them to a guy that did a liitle better, so he can have a good meal for himself and his family.

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2014, 08:52 AM »
That's how you gain a good reputation in the bait business, keep it up. Wish we could get more of the wheres on this site but most have what they feel are good reasons not to share,some are truly justified and i think others just don't the competition. Don't think i've ever fished some where that i could'nt share any useful info with anyone.

Offline CWlake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 28, 2014, 09:39 AM »
I commend you for speaking your mind. Keep it up. I only wish that I could find someone to go with me. I find it more enjoyable to put people on fish and watch them catch.

Offline scottbfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • may god bless us all
« Reply #10 on: Jan 28, 2014, 11:13 AM »
Thanks guys , we share because we care and are fishermen too - god bless tight lines and fish for everyone !

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 28, 2014, 12:14 PM »
I have been reading posts and want to say that maybe I let out a little more info than I should but my intentions were for good and I'm not a selfish fishermen - if you walked up to me on the ice and asked , what you catching them on ? I would show you the jig,tell ya how deep ,and what bait I'm using and heck if there is room drill right here! I guess I just think that people will be respectful to the body of water they are fishing and to the other fishermen !  I would like to say I apologize if anyone thinks I have done something wrong but I just try to help those that ask as much as I can because some of them may have never been here or just started and have no clue how to start. Thanks Scott at Gittin Jiggy With It

Hey now!! I haven't been on your case for a month or so...lol
See Ya
Paul

Offline walleyedan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I live for ICE fishing!!!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 28, 2014, 01:34 PM »
Keep up the good work Scott.  I do the same as you do.  We have to learn from each other as everyone has there own ideas on what to try. I have spent many hours teaching others and helping kids playing on the ice try the sport out.  Heck one time all a kid wanted to do was drill holes in the ice.  He thought that it was neat to turn the auger, so that's what we did. 

Offline pokey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 28, 2014, 03:54 PM »
It wouldnt be a trip to summit if I didnt stop in Scott's shop for the low down on what's going on with the local bite. Helps out tons when you live an hour a way and don't have the time to punch holes all day long. Oh btw Scott. Westwood was bust on crappie. Made swiss cheese of that lake and nada.

Offline 1timothy1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 28, 2014, 09:03 PM »
if anybody wants to fish in the steuben lakes just pm  i am out most time by self    best friend only gets up here every couple weeks

Offline walkerd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 29, 2014, 04:55 AM »
Don't think Ive ever went into a bait shop that the people in there wont tell you about the bite especially if they are on or near a lake its always the best producer of fish and everyone tearing them up. ??? ;D ;D ;) :woot: :woot: :icefish:

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 29, 2014, 06:00 AM »
95% of fishermen on Summit Lake target panfish,there are 5-6 Community Holes that always give up fish............Myself I make them long walks and when I say long walks I mean miles in a day of fishing,I just dont walk down in a Bay and start fishing,walleyes are a tough fish to locate,then u gotta catch em after ya find em.......Somedays Ill go 2-3 days before I find em,the bottomline is some guys work harder for there fish,and dont wanna be barged in on including myself,thats why I dont give reports and post pictures anymore,because as alot of you Summit Fishermen know,they got a tendenacy to look for that Blue Dodge,nothing wrong with giving info,just have courtisy on the water................

Offline denhar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 29, 2014, 09:01 AM »
That's the idea of this site. To share info for the better of all. Good job

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #18 on: Jan 29, 2014, 03:17 PM »
95% of fishermen on Summit Lake target panfish,there are 5-6 Community Holes that always give up fish............Myself I make them long walks and when I say long walks I mean miles in a day of fishing,I just dont walk down in a Bay and start fishing,walleyes are a tough fish to locate,then u gotta catch em after ya find em.......Somedays Ill go 2-3 days before I find em,the bottomline is some guys work harder for there fish,and dont wanna be barged in on including myself,thats why I dont give reports and post pictures anymore,because as alot of you Summit Fishermen know,they got a tendenacy to look for that Blue Dodge,nothing wrong with giving info,just have courtisy on the water................

Well said Jimmy.....I don't fish summit, but what happens there happens in a lot of places.  Softwater or hard too many guys rely on the bent rod pattern instead of trying to find their own fish.  Fishing in a crowd is one thing if it is a community hole, but when you find something on your own and then suddenly there is a shanty town there the next weekend or next day, it becomes a problem and why alot of the guys on here don't post pics anymore.

Offline scottbfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • may god bless us all
« Reply #19 on: Jan 29, 2014, 05:54 PM »
Completely understand wax and Swedish Pimple and i also think that we all need to put time in to find those special spots!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.