Author Topic: Cabelas Inferno 2000 Pac Boot  (Read 9463 times)

Offline Indie

• Team IceShanty Addict
Cabelas Inferno 2000 Pac Boot
« on: Dec 08, 2011, 07:08 AM »
My old boots sprung a leak. I was looking at these 2000 gram insulate boots. Does anyone have them? Good boot? I do a lot of walking and standing on the ice so I need a decent boot.

Offline revpilot

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Cabelas Inferno 2000 Pac Boot
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2011, 08:47 AM »
I love mine, no more cold feet!

Offline Indie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2011, 09:08 AM »
Go with something like this your feet will never be cold again..  I have had these boots for 10 years now.. good for 100 below 0... :)

The price is right, I'm gonna check them out thanks.

Offline fishingsurveyor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2011, 09:55 AM »
The price is right, I'm gonna check them out thanks.

meet ya at eight at the front door ?

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2011, 10:35 AM »
Check out the Predator Extreme Pac Boots too. They are on sale also. and worth every penny!

Offline TheSituation

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2011, 11:21 AM »
Got my dad the inferno 2000 for Christmas last year, and they leaked pretty bad during hunting season this year, so we have to bring them back and see if we can get a different pair.

Offline jtlambo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Stay thirsty my friends....
« Reply #7 on: Dec 08, 2011, 11:27 AM »
Get a pair of Military surplus "mickey mouse" or VB boots. Your feet will never be cold, the sizing is a little funny so you wanna try before you buy. But these can be aquired on the cheap, and are the most bag for your buck warmth wise. I have used them fairly extensively other than ice fishing, sleeping in a tent in 0 degree weather, boots outside under a tarp and when you put them on they are frozen and so are your feet, but within 10 mins your feet are toasty. They trap all the moisture from your feet sweating so wet smelly socks at the end( VB=Vapor Barrier) of the day but they are amazing.

Offline Indie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2011, 11:30 AM »
meet ya at eight at the front door ?

I'll be the one doing a shoulder roll through the door to avoid the CREDIT CARD LADY!

Offline fishingsurveyor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 08, 2011, 11:33 AM »
I'll be the one doing a shoulder roll through the door to avoid the CREDIT CARD LADY!
I say we tag team her you go high and Ill go low.

Offline pdolewa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 08, 2011, 12:01 PM »
Anyone use the muck Arctic Pros?

Offline revpilot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 08, 2011, 03:32 PM »
Got my dad the inferno 2000 for Christmas last year, and they leaked pretty bad during hunting season this year, so we have to bring them back and see if we can get a different pair.

you must of got lemons, i just played in the water all week and my feet are dry. This is my 3rd season with them. the good thing is cabelas is great about returning stuff with their name on it!

Offline LostOne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Here fishy, fishy, fishy...any second now."
« Reply #12 on: Dec 08, 2011, 04:52 PM »
I got these a few weeks ago. I wore them around during our micro Nor'easter and they feel like giant slippers...check the specs you might like them.
http://www.endless.com/dp/B002OSXE2M/175-8285241-2118365?ie=UTF8&creative=395033&suppressRedirect=1&linkCode=asn&tag=hyendpla-20&creativeASIN=B002OSXE2M&ref_=asc_df_B002OSXE2M1813226
I fish.                                                         

Offline Indie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 08, 2011, 05:19 PM »
Now I know what the ladies feel like, I'm exciting about going boot shopping now.   :P

Offline ChrisMinMaine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 08, 2011, 06:56 PM »
Get a pair of Military surplus "mickey mouse" or VB boots. Your feet will never be cold, the sizing is a little funny so you wanna try before you buy. But these can be aquired on the cheap, and are the most bag for your buck warmth wise. I have used them fairly extensively other than ice fishing, sleeping in a tent in 0 degree weather, boots outside under a tarp and when you put them on they are frozen and so are your feet, but within 10 mins your feet are toasty. They trap all the moisture from your feet sweating so wet smelly socks at the end( VB=Vapro Barrier) of the day but they are amazing.

X2.  My mickey's sprung a leak just this fall.  (I wear them in late November in the tree stand).  I have had the same pair for over 20 years, and they just now failed.  I have bought expensive boots in the past (ice kings, etc), but I always go back to the mickeys.  Of course, being a little bulky and clumsy, (the boots), you won't win any races heading to the flag.....  I wear them all ice fishing season and my feet are not cold at all. 

Now I have to see if my uncle will give me another pair.   ;)  If not, I'll check out the boots in an earlier post.  (good price).

Offline Eggemoggin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here Fishy - Fishy
« Reply #15 on: Dec 08, 2011, 07:14 PM »
Anyone use the muck Arctic Pros?

I have the Muck Arctic Sport boot and like them very much.... light weight and
no more cold feet....

Offline pfd161

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 08, 2011, 07:34 PM »
hmm i may have to look into these....cheaper than the arctic muck's... my other mucks are pretty beat up too....

:)

Offline Sinnian

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • PM me
« Reply #17 on: Dec 08, 2011, 07:37 PM »
I swear by my Ranger Glacier Bay boots:

17” Forest Green double insulated pac
- All-rubber, 100% waterproof, ozone-resistant, hand-made upper
- Trac Tread™ outsole
- Built-in 3/8” polymeric foam insulation in foot and ankle
- Removable liner of polymeric foam wrap (total foam thickness ¾”)
- Built-in 9mm felt midsole for additional warmth underfoot
- Drawcord closure, woven nylon top cuff
- Heel kick-off
- Steel shank
- Comfort Zone to -80˚ F

Reny's carries them, or New England Marine.

My feet have NEVER been wet or cold.

(do a search on IS about them)

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 01, 2012, 05:09 PM »
I've had my Inferno 2000 pac's for about 5-6 years and use em for both ice fishing and late season deer hunting. My weakness are cold feet (I actually wear 600 weight boots in oct for archery season and it can still be 70-80 here). If I can keep my feet warm I can stay on the ice/in the tree all day. I have no problems with these boots staying warm. They are breathable and waterproof (last ice trip last year we ended with 6 inches of water on the ice when we were done, no leaks).

Only thing I did was replaced the insoles with some 1/4inch insulated felt insoles that I got at a camping store and that keeps the cold from creeping in from the soles from the ice.

Key to warm feet (or warm anything for that matter) its to NOT sweat and if you do, you need materials that wick that from ur skin. I wear a real thin fleece sock liner under some synthetic thick cold weather socks, that "system" keeps you warm and dry and keeps all the moisture moving out to the boots so they can let it pass through to the outside.

Like I said I have never been cold in these on the ice and I sit on a bucket (closest the past couple of years we fished was close to -20 actual air temp).

Hope this helps

J-

Offline knockout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 01, 2012, 10:05 PM »
Good boot. Very comfortable. Waterproof. Just wish they would have taken some of the insulation out of the ankle area and put it in the toe box. Feet have never been real cold just a little chilly on the ice. Am going to try different insole and socks.

Offline Indie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jan 02, 2012, 08:39 AM »
After a lot of hemming and hawing I ended up getting the Muck Arctic Sport Boot. I've worn them once to check ice and since nothing is safe in my area.  :'(

Offline eyesntightlines

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Beer on the ice is always nice!
« Reply #21 on: Jan 02, 2012, 06:53 PM »
I just bought a set of these from Cabela's. They are real nice boots, but very big on your feet (wider than all outside lol). Warm as heck though!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.