Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1609803 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #19950 on: Jun 23, 2020, 05:07 AM »
70* this morning.

WS, thanks for the video's. The bear isn't photo shy.

IFF, hope the wife is doing better.

IW, glad the PT is going well. I did a lot of sailing when I was younger but never across the "big" pond. That had to be some trip.

WW, hot weather knocks me on my butt these days. Never use too. Looks like we may get a break in the next day or two, may get out on the lake after all.

Have a good day a be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19951 on: Jun 23, 2020, 05:32 AM »
Good morning all, 63 at this time. Not much new here. Did not get the job and pretty bummed by that. But hey there will be others. Garden is doing well. Hope everyone has a great day.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #19952 on: Jun 23, 2020, 10:07 AM »
We just went through a three ringed circus when Gandalf figured it was vet time!!!!  :woot: :%$#!: Finally caught him and the wife took him!! To say he was unhappy is an understatement!!!  :callcops: Cooler here now that the rain headed east. Stay well and STFAH!!!!

EDIT: My wife said that he was a perfect gentleman while at the vets!! :roflmao:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19953 on: Jun 23, 2020, 05:57 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, I’m sorry I haven’t been on much. Headaches and back pain have been really bad. Still haven’t found the cause of the headaches. Surgeon wants me to go to a pain clinic but they won’t accept me even though everything has been paid thru our insurance. They say they won’t accept me until the case is closed. My wife’s diabetes is under control. She still gets home and falls asleep. Beats up her sleep apnea machine.

Old Sailor, it’s amazing how dogs know when they are going to the vets. That’s good Gandolf was a gentleman.

Hunts2long, Hope it wasn’t to hot today and you were able to get out on the water.

WallyWorld, beautiful deer in the yard.

IFF, prayers for your wife

Will catch up on what everyone is up too. On my phone and it is acting up. I hope everyone has a great night. God bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19954 on: Jun 23, 2020, 07:33 PM »
IF-45, Gandalf is my cat and he weighed in at 15#'s today !!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19955 on: Jun 23, 2020, 09:30 PM »
Good evening may the weather guesser's be correct looking forward to some less humid weather for a few days. My section of NY. started phase 3 of our governor's 4 part Covid-19 reopen the state plan. So see what happens in a couple of weeks with infection rate.
Ice Wanderer keep up to good work with your therapy.
Whopper Stopper thank you for all the videos.
Wallyworld I understand may you be able to go to a theater in coming weeks.
Hunts2long think we all will be glad to see lower humidity and temperatures.
UFCreel sorry to hear you did not get the job. Keep up your positive attitude. Enjoy the products of your garden.
OldSailor gandolf is getting to be a large cat good he behaved at the vets. Hope you or your wife did not get hit by his claws will getting him into the carrier.
IceFisher-45 nice to see a post from you wish things were better with the headaches and back .May something work out so you can get seen by doctors at pain clinic. Though time to be working in the medical field may things get better for your wife and she get more energy.

Stay safe and healthy everyone. Best to anyone with fishing plans.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19956 on: Jun 23, 2020, 11:56 PM »
Well from one bad experience to another.  Mrs got transferred to a rehab place that is supposed to be one of the best in the area.  Only to have the Hospital declare she was no longer permitted to have any Humalog insulin (the fast acting kind) and only to be given lantis insulin. the much slower acting one.  By 7:06 her BS had gone up to 238, and climbing. That nurse stated she was only at 170, and when was that ??....Oh 6:42 you say.   I called the HMO (Kaiser) and of course its not answering, was put on hold, after 38 minutes according to the timer on the I-Phone I gave up drove to the place.  Ask to speak to whom ever was in charged.  Only to find out no doctor there, all gone for the day, finally got the head nurse, who told me there was nothing they could do about it.  I made it clear it would be resolved NOW, or I was going to enter and take her home.  Got told I could not do that.  Oh and who is going to stop me ?  I assured her there would be a lot of blood to clean up afterword. The reply was then, they had a call in for the Doctor that was on call at the hospital.  I reminded her she needed to be talking to her HMO and that they could tell her the Humalog is one of the prescribed insulin's she has been taking since 1996 Drove to a Kaiser near buy that was open until 9:00, made it in the door and said I was not leaving until someone straightened the rehab people out. And they would lose cashing in on Medicare payments.  Believe I added sounds like your trying to kill her. ??  Go ahead, would lighten my load  :whistle:.  I won.  One more screw up and I will take a leave from work and bring her home.  After all recovering from what ails her is not nuclear science.  Ok Rant over  ;)
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19957 on: Jun 24, 2020, 05:04 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                   It's 68* and raining here on my hill! ::)
                   Bud.........Wow, what a bunch of idiots at that rehab center, I don't blame you for getting upset. :%$#!:
                   Marv........Thanks for the videos, the bears must have smelled something you had on your hands to go to the camera, or they
            can hear it. ???
                  Wally........I'm in the same boat as you, no AC. I can't even put one in a window, I have Casement windows in my house. It's better
            today. :thumbsup:
                  I-45.........Insurance companies sure screw things up. :cookoo:
                  Steve.......I can't wait till all this crap is over and everything can get back to normal.
                  UF Creel...Sorry to read you didn't get the job. :(
                  PT went well yesterday next session is Friday.
                  I hope ever4yone has a good Wednesday either at work or out, Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19958 on: Jun 24, 2020, 05:27 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

58 heading into the 70's later on. The other shoe is going to drop as we head into next week.

Bud, hang in there. Some real crap you and Janice are going through :cookoo:

IW yeah the bears are clued in. I have a camera mount I make that I am going to try next round. What came on the camera is junk and it doesn't take much for the critters to tip it.

45 nice to see you post, so sorry you are still suffering.

WW nice picture, Thanks :thumbsup:

Eddie hope the garden is coming along good :thumbsup:

Time for me to head down the road. My wife walks with me for a mile then she turns back and I continue on for my 6.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and stay healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19959 on: Jun 24, 2020, 05:39 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....OMG what a nightmare  :o :o  hopefully you've got it all straightened out now and MrsIFF can get down to the business of healing/recovering  ;)

IF45.....sorry to hear things have not gotten any better for you  :(  fingers crossed someone finds a solution  ;)

OS.....my my Gandolf must be eating well   :whistle:  :roflmao:  :clap:  glad his visit went well  :thumbsup:

IW.....nice refreshing air this morning, hope it sticks around awhile  @)  :thumbsup:

Mrc....my area will enter phase 4 Friday, but no malls, gyms or movie theaters to open yet according to last night's news  ::)

Some showers passsed thru earlier, much less humid now  :clap:  think mowing is on today's agenda, not so much for the grass but all the clover/weeds that still keep growing no matter how dry it gets  >:( 

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

WS.....first time a fawn has showed itself here, poor thing looked pretty confused  :blink: :woot:  enjoy your walk

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19960 on: Jun 24, 2020, 06:12 AM »
68* and a pretty good breeze. Front must be moving though.

WW, haven't seen any fawns around here. Thanks for sharing.

IFF, seems that sometimes you have to "beg" people just to do their job. Hope the wife is feeling better.

Ice45, good to hear from you. You would think that in this day and age, something could be done. Hang in there.

Lindsay just bought a small window A/C unit. I think it is more for Rocky's comfort than hers.

A friend fished with his son on Fathers Day. They caught 2 short walleyes on the South end of the lake. Nothing in the areas I fish. Thursday doesn't look bad.

Have a good day and stay safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19961 on: Jun 24, 2020, 07:45 AM »
I decided to try and figure out why the power cord on my computer failed yesterday. I found where the cord had been bitten by the new pup. I was able to get it fixed so I can get on the net until the new cord comes.

A few days ago I was out cleaning up the dog run when I noticed a State Trooper next door. The neighbor next door had died of a heart attack in his sleep. His girl friend found him when she came home from work. He had a couple heart issues earlier in the year. When the wife went over to talk to his girl friend yesterday, the guy that was their recognized  the wife. His wife was the wife's former hair dresser. She was the brother of the man that died. Small world.

IFF  Taking away your wire's Humalog is totally ridiculous. It takes both types of insulin to keep her blood sugars under control. Even taking both it was hard to keep my mothers blood sugars under control. Her BS would go low not high. I do not now how many times I force fed her OJ heavily laced with sugar to get her back on her feet. If they had counting carbs as a way to figure out how much insulin to take back then her life would have been much better.

IFF I got into a pain clinic even though I do not think my case was closed. I have a nerve stimulator implanted in my lower back. It helps a lot with the pain. The stimulation can be annoying at times but it is well worth it.

WW I know what you mean about the weeds growing but not the grass. I need to mow the weeds in the front yard. I will mow the ditch at the next door neighbors while I am at it as he did not get it mowed before he passed away.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #19962 on: Jun 24, 2020, 09:56 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day! 
  Finally got a few drops of rain overnight, not much, but enough to give the lawn a little drink. It’s been a blistering hot week...68 at the moment heading to 80.

Bud...wow, glad you made the trip to the rehab facility and straightened those fools out, man oh man! Hope things are going a bit more smoothly now for your wife...keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.   :thumbsup:
  Tom...glad you could “ McGyver “ the power cord back to working order!   :clap:  So sorry to read about your neighbor passing away.
  H2...best of luck with the fishing next trip out....a buddy of mine has been hitting some decent walleyes lately on Saratoga Lake...shallower water just off the weed beds in 12-15’ ...might be something to consider in your searching out new spots?   :thumbsup:
  Wally...the fresh air and low humidity sure feast awesome this morning! Hope the “weed “ mowing goes well, lol, that seems to make up about 90% of my lawn!  :thumbsup:
  Marv... thanks for sharing the videos, hope that pesky bear sticks around for awhile!   :clap: :thumbsup:   The garden is doing real well at the moment...a few hiccups with the heat wave and some pests, but think we have those bases covered now....key word, think!   ;D
  Jeff...glad to read the PT is going well, keep up the good work Sir!   :clap: :thumbsup:   Hope the boys are all doing well.
  Steve...fingers crossed people keep their heads in the game as each phase of reopening happens...hopefully we don’t have to experience what so many other states are now going through.   :thumbsup:
  I-45...welcome back, glad to see you posting! Sorry to read about your ongoing troubles, sure hope some relief comes soon....hang in there buddy!   :thumbsup:
  OS...glad everything went well Gandalf, he’s growing up to be a big old boy!!   :clap:

Still waiting on a call to get back to work....never thought we’d be out this long, crazy!
  Have a teleconference in 5 minutes.....will check back later today.
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19963 on: Jun 24, 2020, 10:19 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Bud you da man way to go. Hope things smooth out now. Went out last night no skunk but nothing to brag about a couple smallies and a rock bass.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19964 on: Jun 24, 2020, 11:04 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Cloudy this morning. They said possibly rain. Hopefully will break up the heat. My wife is at work until 7. She stays late and no one seems to care. Hopefully will get this all settled as far as the pain clinic. Workers comp case is killing us.

Old Sailor, I apologize I thought Gandolf was a dog. He is a good size kitty. You take good care of him.

IFF, I hope they got everything squared away with your wife’s meds. You both are in our thoughts and prayers.

MasonEddie, Hopefully you get the call back soon.

Tom Turkey, At least you were able to find the chewed cord. That is to bad about your neighbor passing away. The biggest hurdle with the pain clinic is that the workers comp case isn’t closed and never will be. Doesn’t matter to them that our private insurance has been paying the bill.

Hunts2long, Thats good your getting a good breeze. Hopefully you’ve been getting out on the water.

WallyWorld, It is amazing how clovers/weeds like hot dry days. Hopefully soon you’ll be able to go to the movie theater. We’re still in phase 2 I believe. My wife says no news for me. It upsets me to much.

Whopper Stopper, Hope you had a good walk.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19965 on: Jun 24, 2020, 11:32 AM »
Hi ER's!! Normally Gandalf is the most mellow, loving cat around!! But when it's vet time, he'll fight you tooth and claw!! My wife and I both got a bit of the claws!! I got him by the scruff of the neck and his tail and in he went!! The vet is putting him on a diet to bring him down a couple of pounds! All is well as he slept with me out in the catio last night!! Everyone stay well, kick ass when needed, and STFAH!!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19966 on: Jun 24, 2020, 09:59 PM »
Same ole Eltro poopoo, just a different day, but I have to admit ....Just plain Stupid. The lack of communication is more like ...Just go away.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19967 on: Jun 24, 2020, 10:35 PM »
Good evening like Eddie saw a little rain during early morning still need more for some lawns to return to green.
IFF glad you got things corrected with the rehab center hopefully your wife is now on the road to recovery.
Ice Wanderer have you researched the portable AC units there might be some models that work with casement windows.
Whopper Stopper guess one of the benefits of wife working from home is that she can join you for part of the daily walks.
Wallyworld when my area entered Phase two and barber shops were able to open one shop owner was upset because he is in a mall and his shop has no entrance without having to walk through the mall. Ditto my comment on the portable AC units to I.W. might be something for you and Mr.WW to research.
Hunts2long we have to keep our pets comfortable I'm sure Lindsay has been enjoying the AC during this hot spell.
Tomturkey nice you were able to repair the power cord for the computer. Sorry to hear about your neighbor.
Eddie i'm guessing funds have not yet been allocated for your work project so your stuck sitting at home.
Icefisher-45 may you get things settled with the pain clinic soon I know it has been hard going since your accident.
OldSailor happy no one got bitten wrangling Gandolf for his vet visit.
Drifter saw your post in the cabin thread good you were able to get out there ,have a safe trip  and may the tests give doctors info. needed to get you back in good health.

Have a good night.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19968 on: Jun 25, 2020, 04:18 AM »
Morning all,

A quick hello before headng to the lake  ;)2  A comfortable 62* this morning  :thumbsup:   I'll leave the coffee on for ya'll  :woot:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19969 on: Jun 25, 2020, 04:32 AM »
Cool 54* this morning. Going to grab a cup and head for the lake.
WW, have  a good day and I will turn off the coffee pot....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19970 on: Jun 25, 2020, 04:55 AM »
Good morning Wally, H2l, ER's,
            It's 52* and Less is deffinatly here.After the HUH weather it feels almost cold.
            Wally/H2l .......Enjoy your day out on your respected lakes.
             Steve..........I've looked into those portable A.C. unites, and Jon had a couple,they don't work all that well.
              OS..........My cat Kolie doesn't like going to the Vet either, but nothing like you describe what Gandolf does.
               Eddie......Maybe when phase 4 opens you'll be able to go back to work. Every little bit of rain helps, we got .5" from it.
              Marv.......Thats good that Jo walks a little bit with you, before when working in the jungle didn't she have a walk from the bus stop.
              I-45............I'm sorry to read about all your problems, I hope in time things  will get better.
               Bud..........I hope your wife is getting the treatment she needs, now that you set them sttaight.
               I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19971 on: Jun 25, 2020, 05:13 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

62 heading to 88 later this afternoon. Today Les packs his bag and tomorrow Mr. Muggy comes to visit for a few days :%$#!:

WW/h2l best of luck on the water today :thumbsup:

IW you are correct, she usually walked 3 miles from the bus to her work. She is trying to get herself ready for when she has to do it again.

Not much on the agenda today. The guy that bought my kayak is a finish carpenter. Part of our deal was him helping with a couple of fixes around the house that I haven't gotten to. He is stopping today to help with our downstairs swing out door that has warped slightly. He said he can fix it so we will see.

Time to lace them up.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19972 on: Jun 25, 2020, 06:35 AM »
Jeff it just occurred to me it could be they need to take a clip board in and write what they are saying, is causing so much trouble.  Even though she has hearing aids, SHE CAN'T HEAR.
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19973 on: Jun 25, 2020, 08:41 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Looks like a nice day out. Seems a little less muggy. My wife is working today but has tomorrow off.

IFF, Hopefully your wife is feeling better. Continuing prayers. You would think they would think about a clipboard where she is hard of hearing.

WallyWorld, Good luck today. Be safe on the water.

Hunts2long, Have a good day on the lake. Beautiful day out.

Whopper Stopper, Hope you have a good walk. Hopefully that gentleman can fix that door.

Ice Wanderer, Hope you have a good day today.

MasonEddie, Prayers you get called back to work soon.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19974 on: Jun 25, 2020, 01:14 PM »
Good afternoon ER's well the striped kitty stopped by again. Good luck to those headed out today. I hope health issues getting better for everyone who is ailing.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19975 on: Jun 25, 2020, 07:06 PM »
Good afternoon ER's    2nd skunk in 24 hrs. but hope is alive my tube with mini surf in tow worked great carrying flasher and 2 ice rods. A little more weed clutter catching on transducer but I was in a small shallow bay.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19976 on: Jun 25, 2020, 09:51 PM »
 Good evening more comfortable today will enjoy the lower humidity while it lasts.  The actions of the medical profession leave me shaking my head at times I was supposed to take a friend to local hospital for a test on Friday called him yesterday to get time to pick him up said he had not heard from hospital or his doctor. He called me around 1PM today telling me I did not need to pick him up  He had called hospital they did not have him scheduled called his doctor and was told oops our mistake we never made your appointment test is now supposed to happen in August. This test was to supposed to be done in March was canceled then and rescheduled for April Corona virus put and end to that I hope he finally has the test in August.
Wallyworld,Hunts2long I hope you both had good days out fishing.
Ice Wanderer to bad the portable Ac units are do not work that good. Best to you at tomorrows therapy session.
Whopper Stopper may your door now be repaired and you have gained a little more knowledge on finish carpentry. Smart idea by your wife to stay in shape for her daily commute when she returns to her work place.
IFF good thinking on the clip board ask the staff at rehab facility to mark on your wife's bed chart that she is hard of hearing . Also see if you need to complete any paper work so doctors/staff there can discuss her medical condition with you I don't know if anything you did with her primary doctor will be honored by this place. Federal privacy laws prevent sharing on info. even with famiily members unless this paper work is completed since Janice has hearing problems you need to stay informed on what is happening to her.
Icefisher-45  maybe tomorrow you/your wife and Mr.Dickens can take a small trip somewhere to get a change of scenery. I hope you are doing better.
Old Goat happy to read your float tube and mini surf board combination worked well may you get into the fish on your next trip.

Have a good night stay safe and healthy.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19977 on: Jun 26, 2020, 04:37 AM »
Good morning  ER's,
           It's 58* and mostly clear, another nice day ahead.
           OG.........Wow the striped kitty really has your number I. hope your luck improves.
           Bud.........I. guess your wife's hearing loss could create a problem. Yeah, a clipboard would help.
            Steve......I hope the test aren't considered life changing for your friend.
             Marv.......How did I t to with the door repair?
              Yesterday I went out early and weeded my wife's garden, then a quick trip to town, when I got home the grass as dry enough to mow. I was actually, able to hold on t,o the mower with my right hand. It felt good to be able to do that.
               Eddie........How is your garden coming along, are the grandkids helping out in it.
                I have PT this morning at 8 am, I like  early appointments, get them in and have the rest of the day.
                I hope everyone  has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19978 on: Jun 26, 2020, 04:45 AM »
Good morning everyone  :bow:

71 inching towards 90 later on, as expected Mr. Muggy showed up during the night.

Not a lot on the planner today. The door fix was pretty fast, a sledgehammer  was all it took lol

He is coming back next week and helping me  put in a window air conditioner in my garage. Even with all the roof vents it gets very steamy in there, just getting the humidity out will help a lot.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: stay safe.

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19979 on: Jun 26, 2020, 05:25 AM »
Good Morning ER's  IW hope your PT goes well. I'm still in testing on my little rig. I found some deeper holes yesterday but the wind blew me off them quite fast. I may have to add a little anchor if possible. There was another guy out in a u shaped float boat he certainly moved through the water faster as he almost laid flat on his rig with fins. WS a sledge hammer always handles the tough jobs. Mr. Clean nice tip to IFF on paperwork; I never knew about the no share info without it. Hope all have a nice weekend. Hope the striped kitty doesn't have me on speed dial.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.