Author Topic: LAKE MAHLONY OUTSIDE OF NORTH PLATTE  (Read 2257 times)

Offline gloomis

• Team IceShanty Regular
LAKE MAHLONY OUTSIDE OF NORTH PLATTE
« on: Jan 04, 2005, 03:01 PM »
i was wondering if there is any ice on the lake if so how thick is it. i plan on going up there sometime soon to visit my grandpa and grandma. i have done really well at this lake through the ice cathching some really really nice crappie, and of course i put them back to caught them another day.

Offline jigbounce

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • got any biscuits for sale in there?
Re: LAKE MAHLONY OUTSIDE OF NORTH PLATTE
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2005, 12:30 AM »
Hey Gloomis,  I just moved to north platte and I can hardly wait to get out on the ice.  I will drill some holes after work and let you know how the ice is.  Where are some good spots on that lake?

Offline jigbounce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2005, 01:22 AM »
plenty of ice on maloney, time to visit granny

Offline gloomis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2005, 03:08 PM »
plenty of ice on maloney, time to visit granny

i have had good luck at my grampas buddies house in a cove that is usually around 7ft of water. but i dont know if they a re going to drain the lake again. i ve always have wanted to try the spot on the beach whenever we unload the boat we have always seen tons of fish there on the fish finder, and iam sure that there is some sort of cover for them there or they wont be there. let me know how you do and what you caught . and if u need ne info on the wy lakes let me know and all tell you what you need to know.
tight lines

Offline gloomis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2005, 10:31 PM »
hey i was wondering if you tried ice fishing there yet if so did you do any good what did you get , size and also how long did you fish for.

Offline jigbounce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2005, 06:51 PM »
I fished on it a couple weeks ago in very cold weather.  I did more walking than fishing trying to get to goose island from the boat ramp on the east side of the lake.  I fished for probably an hour and couldn't get a bite.  My fishfinder showed fairly large fish once or twice but they just wanted to watch my jigging show I guess.  Last week I went to try it again and the ice is unsafe already with open parts here and there.  The ice fishing season could possibly be over for this part of Neb. :'(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.