Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 215239 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #2310 on: Jun 06, 2023, 09:10 PM »
Good evening, OldSailor Happy Birthday I hope there was a family celebration. may your area receive some rain in the coming days.

The federal judge rule earlier today in favor of the New York Civil Liberties Union (NYCLU) say the county executive orders barring hotels from accepting migrants were unconstitutional. This ruling does not overturn the temporary restraining orders Orange and Rockland counties received from a state judge. Rockland county executive says he will likely appeal this decision. Orange Counties restraining order expires on June 21 . In another twist on this situation NYC mayor Eric Adams has said if legally possible he is will to house some migrants at Gracie Mansion .(House provide by city for acting mayor) He is also asking houses of worship to provide housing.

this is for my fell New Yorkers an advisory had been issued saying it would be wise to stay indoors if you have breathing problems over the next few days as smoke from wildfires in Canada moves over the state.

Whopper Stopper good to hear people are checking in on your sister may this continue after the funeral. Good thinking by you and the girls to handle the thank you cards. How was your breakfast did you have leftovers. May there be more moments of laughter then tears as people shar memories tomorrow night and on Thursday.
Ice Wanderer good job by you and your neighbor getting the staining completed. You must be seeing more people in your area as we get closer to start of Summer. I'm not surprised to hear of altercations among the migrants.
Hunts2long hope you enjoyed looking at the house today. Sadly taxes and property up-keep cause many people to move my sister and BIL will likely relocate in a few years because of taxes. May all go well on Thursday and when the range/stove is installed.
Wallyworld past few days have been good weather to work on your log pile. May you also see some rain to help the garden.
Eddie i believe pepper plants like warmer weather. Yes there are now all sorts of rules in place so coaches have to sometimes remove players so they are eligible to play in the next game, Some high school teams like to use their top pitcher as much as possible especially if playing in tournament for a state championship.
Drifter may the smoke not cause you problems. hopefully all the different areas with wild fires will receive rain to help in putting them out.
Everyone take care. best to all fishing.
  Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2311 on: Jun 07, 2023, 04:56 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                               It's 42* and mostly clear here on my hill. ::)
                               OS...........Happy belated Birthday sir. :clap:
                               H2l..........Good luck with the house search. :thumbsup:
                               Wally........You're right, doing wood in cooler temperatures sure make things easier. :whistle:
                               Marv.........Families come together when during these times, it's good that so many are there to support your sister. :flex:
                               Steve........Yesterday the smoke here was so thick it almost looked like a thick fog, I'm surprised we couldn't smell it. :blink:
                               Dave.........That's some thick smoke for a fire so far away. :o
                               Eddie........I hope the weather gets more seasonably for your garden. :cookoo:  I'm not planting one this year. I actually gave
                   my fencing to my neighbor. :whistle:
                               Yesterday my mechanic friend gave me some big pieces of wood that he can't lift, so I can try my new lift out on my splitter.
                               This morning I'm going to go and mow the association that we normally do on the weekend.
                               I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #2312 on: Jun 07, 2023, 05:44 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Partly cloudy/hazy skies again this am, 47* with a high of 66 today. Air quality index from the Canadian wildfires is at 153 here this morning, it was almost at 190 yesterday…100 being bad.

OS..Happy belated Birthday wishes to you also, hope you enjoyed your special day yesterday!!  :bow:
  Marv…thoughts and prayers are with your family.
  Jeff…it sure looked like fog here as well yesterday, and we could smell the smoke. They actually canceled the Little League game early yesterday afternoon because of the air quality…that was a first ever that I can recall.  :cookoo: 
  Steve…thanks for sharing the update on the judge’s decision, not surprised, hopefully the appeal will work. The Town Of Colonie which is a suburb of Albany received a few bus loads of the illegal migrants from Eric Adams over the Memorial weekend unannounced. They are suing NYC and the City Of Albany now, this whole created crisis is absurd.  :%$#!:
  Dave..different landscaping, but that’s what it looked like here yesterday!  :woot:
  Wally…hope you and Mr.WW didn’t spend the day on the saw’s yesterday. Saw on the news your area was among the worst for air quality last evening. Hope it’s better today!  :thumbsup:

Looking up at the sun yesterday was bizarre from all the smoke. It was a crazy looking dull orange color I don’t believe I’ve ever seen before.  :cookoo:  Our local school kept all the children inside for the day, no outside breaks for playtime or lunches, all sporting events and practices canceled.
  Will see what the day brings today…Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2313 on: Jun 07, 2023, 06:04 AM »
48* and hazy, to say the least.

OS, Happy Birthday, a little late.

Couldn't get a realtor to show the house yesterday.

The wife is having a tuff time with the smoke in the air, we ended up closing all the windows, which helped, some. Got stuffing during the night.

Not much planned for today, couple of things to do in the village. On Thursday suburban is moving the gas line, was hoping to get the new range in on Friday but the wife has a follow-up in NYC, so that won't happen until next week.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2314 on: Jun 07, 2023, 07:05 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....sending hugs to all today   :'(

H2L.....sorry to hear MrsH2 is struggling with the smoke   :(

Eddie.....air quality index was over 200 on the 6 oclock news  :wacko:  they're saying the same for today  >:(

IW.....the smell of smoke was horrible here, sitting in a valley it just hangs there  :cookoo:  can't imagine what it must be like in Canada  :-\

Finished with the saws yesterday morning, onto the splitting/stacking in the afternoon  :flex:  back at it today

The sun at noon yesterday

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2315 on: Jun 07, 2023, 07:28 AM »
Good morning ER’s yes that smoke looks bad, hope it’s not causing you people up north any health problems

OS hope your B-day was a good one for you

Will be a busy day tomorrow getting all the China unpacked for sale, I think there will be a lot of collections up for sale.

Enjoy your day and stay safe
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2316 on: Jun 07, 2023, 08:26 AM »
Well another busy week, but a bit slower than the last couple.  The wife is getting ready for the market today and more afternoon thunderstorms are predicted, she just loves that.  Well did notice the gas prices start to creep up again with the Saudi's slowing production again.  We still have been one of the highest in the state as 2 hours away it still is about 30 to 50 cents a gallon cheaper, but what can you do about it.  Need to get the 500 gallon diesel tank moved and then check prices for delivery, heard it was 50 cents a gallon cheaper than at the pump.  Might need to do that with gas as well and might save on the ups if I can buy during the lows.  Well better get back to work and get things moving.  Just would rather be on the boat chasing the walleye around, but need to pay for that fun as well.  have a great Wednesday, and happy belated birthday OS, I thought someone else had a birthday on the same day as OS but my memory is going.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2317 on: Jun 07, 2023, 02:45 PM »
Eddie
I heard you guys were getting smoke down there too.
Probably from the 160 or so fires in Quebec.   :'(

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2318 on: Jun 07, 2023, 05:06 PM »
Air quality index 460 tonight according to 6 o’clock news  :o

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2319 on: Jun 07, 2023, 09:22 PM »
Good evening, wildfire smoke also affecting my area of NY. The air quality index was 182 today in New Windsor not bad  compared to what some of you are reporting. This time of year with the leaves on trees views from my windows are limited distance wise the smoke is limiting my view futher .. Slight odor in the air . A word of caution if you must be outside do not forget the sun screen i was surprised to find today's UV index here was 8 which is high on the measurement scale guessing particles in the smoke reflect the sunlight much like snow cover does during the Winter.
Ice Wander I hope you had no problems getting the lawn mowed today.
Eddie the Yankees game was cancelled along with some other major sporting events in NYC . because of the wildfire smoke .I saw a news story about NYC bring asylums seekers to a Colonie motel during the cover of night . The Colonie town supervisor among other things also said there are many problems with the motel that accepted the migrants and it is not a safe environment for them .
Hunts2long hopefully the smoke moves out soon so your wife can have a better quality of life. may all go smoothly tomorrow relocating the gas line for the new range/stove . Saf travel to NYC if the appointment is not cancelled this Friday
Wallyworld you may want to wait for the smoke to pass before doing more firewood processing. looks like your section of NY. is getting hit hard with the smoke.
IFF may all go well for you tomorrow and all of the china get sold .
Fish/hunt4ever thank you for mentioning gas prices I should fill my vehicles tank before they rise to much here in my area . may the rain have waited until after the market was done for the day making things better for your wife . I believe Raquettedacker and Tomturkey share the same birth date in early March..
Drifter are there any estimate as to how many acres are burning or have been burned by wildfires across the whole of Canada .

Those in the northeastern U.S. consider using a face mask when outside until the wildfire smoke clears out . keep safe and healthy .
 Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2320 on: Jun 08, 2023, 05:11 AM »
49* and hazy again this morning. We do need a change in the weather pattern.

WS, will have you and the family in my thoughts today.

Pretty much staying indoors most of the time, can't wait for this to move out of our area. The wife "will" be wearing her n95 when outdoors. Trip to the city is still on the books.

Hope everyone has a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2321 on: Jun 08, 2023, 05:24 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....another tough day ahead, our thoughts and prayers are with all of you, RIP Arnie  :angel  hope everyone enjoys the tater tot dish and raises a fork in Arnie's honor  ;)

IFF.....best wishes for the china sale, hope your collection brings a fair price and finds a new family that will cherish it the same as Janice  ;)

Eddie.....this smoke certainly has been disrupting the final school days for the kids, no outdoor activities or sports  :(  hopefully it clears soon  :unsure:

H2L.....hope the rework goes well today, safe travels tomorrow, hope MrsH2 has a good check up  ;)2

IW.....the only "good" thing about the smoke/haze is the cooler temps with the sun blocked  @)

MrC.....I see in our news this morning the NYC mayor is sueing several counties in this area for not accepting the migrants  ::)

FH4....good luck to MrsFH at the market  :)

The wood project is complete, all split and stacked under the lean-to ready for winter  :thumbsup:

Think today will be a quieter, indoor day  :whistle:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2322 on: Jun 08, 2023, 05:26 AM »
Good morning H2L. WW. Amazing frost warning for northern Wisconsin ???   :o
53 on this hill, going to be a busy couple days getting all the China displays
Hope the daughter feels well enough to join me, been suffering with sinus headaches

Breakfast and a shower and will be on my way

Great day to all
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2323 on: Jun 08, 2023, 06:13 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy/hazy skies and 49* this am, high of 59 today with showers expected. Air quality sitting at 182 this morning.

Marv…thoughts and prayers are with you all this morning.

Steve…saw that with the Yankees, today’s ticket holder’s get treated to a double header if the air quality permits.  :thumbsup:   
  Wally..wow, those air quality numbers are crazy!!  :woot:  I saw on the news that NYC numbers were similar, mentioned the air quality was worse yesterday than on 9-11. Excellent job on the wood project, and thanks for sharing the pictures!  :clap:
  Bud…good luck with the sales!  :thumbsup:
  H2…hopefully the weather cooperates for tomorrow’s trip to the City, best wishes will be with you both for safe travels and a good follow up.   :thumbsup:
  Dave…it’s just mind blowing how many wildfires are going on in Quebec!  Saw some footage on the news yesterday, still scratching my head!  :cookoo:
  FH4…hope the sales are good at the farmers market!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…not fond of wearing the masks again, but had one on yesterday working outside for awhile. Might be worth putting one on if you’re working on the wood pile today from what they claim is in the smoke.

Not much on the planner yet this morning, will be waiting to see if tonight’s LL game will be a go or get canceled again.
  Cawfee’s still on…

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2324 on: Jun 08, 2023, 06:21 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 43* and i just had some rain. ::)
                          Wally........That's good you got your wood in, :flex: I think I asked you before. How many cords do you go through? ???
                          H2l...........I hope your wife doesn't have any ill effects from the air quality. :%$#!:
                          Bud..........Hopefully you daughter can get by with the headaches and join you. :unsure:
                          Marv.........Your family will always be in my prayers. :(
                          Eddie........I'm glad the game didn't get cancelled. But I hope the air quality didn't have any effects on the kids. :unsure:
                          Steve........The air quality down by you was pretty high down by you. :o  When I was a kid before NYMA I remember the air quality
               was really high, that I had hard time breathing. Not sure what caused it. Of course back then we didn't have the communication that we have today. :whistle:
                          This morning I'm getting my firewood delivered. I hope I can get it done before I have to have surgery if its needed. I have my MRI this afternoon.
                          I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2325 on: Jun 08, 2023, 07:32 AM »
Well the thunder storms moved in last night and it had lightning and a good rain coming down and the wife started getting calls from the people that they had invited for an event canceling their spots. The wife hates lightning and they stayed home as well with all the moisture so they moved it to next week to see if they can do the event for health care. Have a great Thursday everyone. Hope the air quality gets better for everyone dealing with the smoke.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2326 on: Jun 08, 2023, 07:57 AM »
Here’s a graph of the air quality index for this area from air now  :o

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2327 on: Jun 08, 2023, 04:33 PM »
Steve
I don't think there is a combined list but the one in BC that is up to the NWT border is the second largest in BC ever at 1,650 square miles. Similar in size to our big wild fires in 2014.
That's just one fire.   :o

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2328 on: Jun 09, 2023, 04:05 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                                  It's 44* and mostly cloudy. ::)
                                  Wally.........That is some range on the air quality.  :o The air here yesterday was a lot better, I think the rain helped. :thumbsup:
                                  Eddie.........I was in Albany yesterday afternoon and the air looked a lot clearer, I hope the LL game didn't get cancelled. :unsure:
                                  Dave.........That's a lot of acres on fire. :o
                                  Fish...........It's too bad that people cancelled , hopefully next week is better. :cookoo:
                                  H2l............Were you able to get an appointment to look at the house? ???
                                  I finally got my firewood delivery yesterday afternoon. I'm going to look at it for a couple of days then start in on it. I also had the
                       MRI at the VA hospital in Albany. I guess the pandemic is officially over, no one was wearing a mask.
                                  I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2329 on: Jun 09, 2023, 05:06 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy and 47*, expecting some T-storms this afternoon, high of 62. Air quality at 122 here this am.

Marv…thoughts and prayers continued for your family.

Jeff…hope the MRI went well for you yesterday, glad your logs arrived!  :thumbsup:  Yes, the air quality and hazy conditions got much better yesterday as the day went on, even saw the sun break through for awhile during the afternoon. Little League game got held off and rescheduled for Saturday.
  H2…safe travels and a good review for your wife today.
  Dave…wow, that’s a monster of a fire!  :woot:  Hopefully they can get that one and some of the many others under control soon. Understand some help is on the way from our country and other’s…sad it’s taken this long.
  Wally…hope the shift in winds has your area seeing better conditions today..and not worse!  :thumbsup:
   FH4..sorry the weather screwed things up, best wishes for better conditions and a great turnout next week!  :thumbsup:

Early Dr. appointment today and a few errands to run afterwards. The little amount of rain we’ve gotten has helped, but my area seems to be just missing out on anything significant. Maybe today will be better…Cawfee’s on!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2330 on: Jun 09, 2023, 05:56 AM »
48* and overcast but not as hazy has it has been.'

WW, always a good feeling when the wood is done, about the same feeling you get when you don't need it anymore.

IW, not let, just seems to be so much going on right now.

Suburban was here yesterday, but like just about everything we do it has become a problem. Because all the gas lines were run when we added on to the camp, he couldn't find a place to tap into a line. What he "plans" on doing (Monday) is remove a section of floor under the range, tap in there and run "flex" over to where the new hook-up will be. He didn't have "flex" on the truck.

We don't have to hit the road until about 10am, not looking foward to getting out the city this Pm on a Friday.

Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2331 on: Jun 09, 2023, 06:14 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....sorry to hear the gas line has become a "project", nothing is ever as easy as it should be  :%$#!:

Eddie....hope you get a good report at the doc's today  :)  the skies finally cleared up here too with the rain yesterday  :clap:

IW.....good to have your logs there so whenever you feel like it you can start cutting  :flex:

Got a little over 1/2" of much needed rain yesterday, cleared the smoke/haze too  :thumbsup:  we're under 100 on the index this morning  :clap:

Some more rain and a couple errands today.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2332 on: Jun 09, 2023, 12:23 PM »
Eddie
There have already been a bunch of wildland fire fighters come to Canada to help.
Some as far away as Australia!!!!
There are just more coming due to the number and size of the fires.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2333 on: Jun 09, 2023, 01:12 PM »
Man Dave, hopefully they get that under control before they take over and burn everything down, I know that fire is a good thing for conifer forests and such but man that many and so big gets scary in such remote areas and thinking if anyone lives around there and cannot get out makes it even worse.  Hope that your air up there is getting better.

Well hopefully everything goes good and I can get out on the boat and share some more lake pictures with everyone.  Have a great Friday and enjoy the time.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2334 on: Jun 09, 2023, 08:14 PM »
Good evening, 58 degrees outside as I type light rain falling thunderstorms forecast to arrive later this evening. A big change in the air quality index from this morning when it was 144 now at 33. Happy to see that though my area of NY. did not have it as bad as some other regions.
Ice Wander glad you received your firewood. When you get the MRI report may it not show a need for surgery and just a rehab program get you back to normal.
Hunts2long may you have had a safe trip to NYC and your wife get a good report from her doctors. I hope the smoke has moved out of your area so things are better for your wife when she is outside. may all go well on Monday relocating the propane gas line.
Eddie Looks like tomorrow will be a better day for your grandson and others to be playing baseball. I saw the same or similar story/report on the Canadian wildfires they are also using Canadian military troops in the fight to control fires. May all have gone well at your doctor's appointment.
Wallyworld good you received some of the rain your section of NY. needs and it helped improve the air quality.
 I saw the news stories about NYC mayor Adams now Sueing other counties over their refusing to accept asylum seekers. just my humble opinion the federal judges ruling probably embolden him he can claim it sets a precedent and hopefully get other judges to agree and keep sending the migrants across NYS .
Drifter thank you for answering my question. Good to see the response from other countries to help get all the fires put out. I have to search again for the news article but some meteorologists believe all the wildfire smoke will have an impact of Winter 2023-2024 weather.
Fish/hunt4ever may next's week weather be better for the market/fund raiser event. My sister used to work for an insurance company that had a Canadian division she would communicate on a frequent basis with someone located in Drifter/Dave's area. He told her that it is hard for people living in remote areas to get home owners insurance since they are so far from any fire departments and in many cases a wild or other type of fire will destroy the dwelling. May you find time to use the boat this weekend .
Icefisher-45 hopefully you are still following the 9:45 thread may all be going well for you and your wife .
Tomturkey may you also be still following this thread. best wished for you and your family.
Whopper Stopper may the funeral and following luncheon have been a help to your sister and other family members as you all adjust to life without Arnie. i hope your and the "girls" arms/hands are not to sore from writing thank you notes though in hindsight that may not be a bad thing .
IFF may your daughter's headache have ended and she have been able to help at the china display. Hopefully you sold  several pieces from Janice's collections .

Everyone take care and have a safe and nice weekend. Stay alert for air quality reports as more smoke maybe headed towards the United States.
   Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2335 on: Jun 10, 2023, 06:17 AM »
48* and the sun is out. Looks like the smoke has cleared the area for now.

The trip to NYC went fine, left at 10am home before 8pm. On the way out of the city hit a couple slow downs but nothing too bad for a Friday afternoon.

The check-up went very good. Now don't laugh, the past week she had been complaining about an area where they had a drain tube in her. Her Dr. looked at it during a Zoom call last Friday and said wait until next weeks appointment. The wife was "sure" there was something in there. Yesterday when the Dr. felt it he said "It does feel like something but I am PRETTY sure it's not". He then gets the 2 "interns" who removed the drain tubes and they have a check list that showed everything was removed. Just to be sure he does an ultrasound, nothing in there, just tissue healing from the drain tube but after he is all done he says to the wife, "still haven't found my car keys". The wife can slowly get back on regular diet. She was only in the hospital for 50 minutes. Smoke wasn't bad in the city.

Not much planned for today, the wife is going to breakfast with Lindsay, be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2336 on: Jun 10, 2023, 06:54 AM »
Steve.  Nope she is under the weather so to speak.  And nope not much in sales

I’m about to break camp and head home so far it’s been a disaster
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2337 on: Jun 10, 2023, 07:22 AM »
Morning all,

H2L....glad to hear MrsH2 is doing well and the drive wasn't too crazy yesterday  :thumbsup:

WS.....hope all went well with the thank you notes and any tears were replaced by smiles of remembrance  :)

IW.....x2 on MrC's comment about no surgery being needed for your shoulder  ;)

Eddie....looks like a great day for a ball game, good luck to the team  :flex:

MrC....fingers crossed the firefighters are able to get the fires contained soon  :unsure:

IFF.....sorry to hear things aren't going well out there  :'(  safe travels back to the farm  @)

Picked up another 1/2" of rain yesterday, with the sun coming out today and tomorrow the grass should really take off  ;D

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2338 on: Jun 10, 2023, 07:51 AM »

The big boys are here for the weekend. 70,000 in motors and top speed of 112mph...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2339 on: Jun 10, 2023, 10:22 AM »
Let the games begin  ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.