Author Topic: Eskimo hand auger blades  (Read 718 times)

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Eskimo hand auger blades
« on: Sep 11, 2019, 12:41 PM »
I am trying to figure out if I can get the ripper style blades for mine.  I have it on a clam plate, and I do not like the lip at the bottom of the hole.  Anyone have any idea?  Hand auger is a 7"
Minnesconsin born and raised

Offline ayvexp

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Eskimo hand auger blades
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2019, 08:16 AM »
I'm pretty sure 8" eskimo power auger blades will bolt up to a 7" or 8" hand auger.  I don't know if just switching blade types will get rid of the lip on the bottom of the hole.  I think that has more to do with the ring or plate on the auger than the blade style. 

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2019, 09:41 AM »
When I first tried my drill/auger/clam plate combo it was a bit of a learning curve ..I use to get "stuck" on the bottom/edge of the hole ..couple things I tried that worked for me .. I loosened the blades up and retightened them evenly .. try lifting up on the auger just before break through ..I also upd my game in drill and battery size ..picture hanging drills and low amp batteries are going to provide poor performance ...first time DeWalt 771 2 ah battey 6in SM Lazer drill ..work well first ice ..but got to be a pita at 10 in ..ended up burning out the drill ..upde to the 995 and 4 ah battery ..much better results .. now its Mil 2704 5ah battery 8 in Kdrill ..and new style Clam Plate .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2019, 12:53 PM »
I have the new style clam plate, Ridgid Octane hammer drill with 9 ah battery.  I have the clam extension on the hand auger.  I am a fan of the hand auger and the speed, but just not a fan of the lip at the bottom of the hole.

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2019, 12:20 PM »
These were my thought

https://www.scheels.com/p/eskimo-power-replacement-blades/811603-28340.html?cgid=ice-fishing

Not certain they will work on a hand auger as they are for a power auger shaft .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.