Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: 1st Macbride trip of the ice season.  (Read 840 times)

Offline phisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
1st Macbride trip of the ice season.
« on: Jan 01, 2013, 06:58 PM »
Got to my spot at 5am on Sunday, couldn't mark a fish for the first two hours.  Drilled about 20-30 holes and hopped around until I started marking around 7am.  Once I finally found the spot picked up 13 nice keepers, about 10-11 inch average with a couple nice 12 inchers, all thick fatties.  The bite was over by 10am and couldn't mark a fish again.  Not too bad for my first Macbride ice for the season, but not fast and furious like the previous years.  Glad I don't rely on waxies or minnows, much more convenient when everyone is out locally, and no shops are open.

Offline Ranger619

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 1st Macbride trip of the ice season.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2013, 07:31 PM »
How much ice did you have on Mc Bride ? And nice job on the crappies !!!!  :thumbsup:
Fish as much as you can we're not here forever!

Otter Cottage Pro X Over
Marcum LX9 LX7 LX3
Thorne Bros,G Austin & TUCR Rods
Striker Lite Flite Milwaukee Fuel M18

Suzuki 750 King Quad W/Otter Monster Box

Offline phisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2013, 07:39 PM »
Thanks buddy.  5" as of Sunday, I'm sure about 7" by now with the temps we've been getting.  About time to get the ATV out on local waters.

Offline Soozookie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Plastics!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2013, 07:42 PM »
Nice papemouths

Offline codewordcs1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2013, 07:45 PM »
Way to get after it. I think I liked this photo on FB too but hey great job and let me know when you need someone to help thin that population down a bit ;-)

Offline phisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2013, 07:54 PM »
Way to get after it. I think I liked this photo on FB too but hey great job and let me know when you need someone to help thin that population down a bit ;-)

You know you're welcome to meet me any time buddy.  I was actually planning on hitting Macbride on Saturday but I was persuaded to hit Belva Deer with everyone else, due to all of the bad reports for the crappie bite on Macbride.  I'm grateful for all the bad reports on my local waters, I had the place to myself for several hours...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.