Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Loo/CF area  (Read 2234 times)

Offline Crappiekila

• Team IceShanty Regular
Loo/CF area
« on: Dec 30, 2010, 09:07 AM »
Hello all, I am back for a few days for the holidays and looking for some safe hopefully productive ice. Nothing like iowa for some good ice fishing and am glad to be back. Hope all is well and this rain doesnt kill the ice, any suggestions are apprecited. Feel free to PM me, tight lines all and have a good new year.

Offline shadow-ia

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Loo/CF area
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2010, 12:44 PM »
pretty good bite for me yesterday at george wyth  on gills ,kept  18 , surprised that the fish in there are decent finally

Offline MelroseHawkins

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2010, 10:44 AM »
pretty good bite for me yesterday at george wyth  on gills ,kept  18 , surprised that the fish in there are decent finally

How much ice is on G Wyth?  Are there any springs in GW to worry about with an ATV?  Can one cut across from the boat landing to where they want to go?  Thanks.

Offline ducky

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2011, 04:40 AM »
No springs to worry about that I have found ever in 30 years out there. 8 inches of ice on 12/31.  You can get an ATV on at the ramp and go pretty much anywhere. Caught some decent gills on 12/31 till the front moved in and the wind changed.

Offline wauto

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2011, 01:24 PM »
What part of the lake?     

Offline FISH-MITS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2011, 07:57 PM »
Went out yesterday. Ice was good - fishing was slow. Ice should be good just about any where you go. No matter where you go around here its going to be hit and miss. I dont think you'll have an issue catching fish its just whether or not you get into sizeable fish.
"Catch Em' While You Can"

Offline MelroseHawkins

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2011, 01:29 PM »
No springs to worry about that I have found ever in 30 years out there. 8 inches of ice on 12/31.  You can get an ATV on at the ramp and go pretty much anywhere. Caught some decent gills on 12/31 till the front moved in and the wind changed.

Thanks Ducky.  If I'm bringing the ATV, would I be better off fishing on E part of Brinker.  Numbers may be down but may be more size to the fish.

Offline jimbo72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2011, 03:11 PM »
I have seen some strange stuff in my time, but today I witnessed something that just made me shake my head.  I was on George Wyth and someone was using a large hammer, I am assuming, to try and open up holes rather than do some drilling.  It was loud and and echoed though the entire lake.  I almost got out of my tent to drill these guys holes so it would stop.  If it sounded that bad above the ice, image what it sounded like to the fish below the ice.    >:(   Thank god they left by about 9:30. 

Offline MelroseHawkins

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2011, 06:50 PM »
I have seen some strange stuff in my time, but today I witnessed something that just made me shake my head.  I was on George Wyth and someone was using a large hammer, I am assuming, to try and open up holes rather than do some drilling.  It was loud and and echoed though the entire lake.  I almost got out of my tent to drill these guys holes so it would stop.  If it sounded that bad above the ice, image what it sounded like to the fish below the ice.    >:(   Thank god they left by about 9:30. 

Damn kids!!   ;D

Offline prestonc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2011, 08:08 PM »
I feel bad for them.  I used a spud bar for a while and I'm telling ya that was work and loud and it sucks.  I can't imagine having to do that with a hammer.  I have let plenty of people over the years use my auger to pop some holes.  I feel fortunate that I can afford to have a nice power auger and gladly give a hand or let people help themselves because I know how it is.

Offline icetard

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 02, 2011, 10:35 PM »
Thats almost as bad as a hunting story a buddy of mine told me. He was bow hunting and watched some idiot with a bow holding a big piece of cardboard come through the woods. I guess the guy would run a few feet and hide behind the cardboard and look around. I believe that was around the Laporte city area. I had never heard of someone doing anything dumber than that.

Offline MelroseHawkins

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 03, 2011, 02:20 AM »
Thats almost as bad as a hunting story a buddy of mine told me. He was bow hunting and watched some idiot with a bow holding a big piece of cardboard come through the woods. I guess the guy would run a few feet and hide behind the cardboard and look around. I believe that was around the Laporte city area. I had never heard of someone doing anything dumber than that.

Yea.  It didn't work. Never again!!   ;D

Offline FISH-MITS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 03, 2011, 09:18 AM »
A thread needs to made just for folks to share these stories.
"Catch Em' While You Can"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.