The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: St albans  (Read 12338 times)

Offline mudchuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: St albans
« Reply #90 on: Mar 29, 2017, 05:57 PM »
How'd they bite for you, Mudchuck?  They had pretty much shut off for us around the time you got there.  I think we left around 3:30 or so.
slow, but picked up around 3 and a bunch of us chased the school and it picked good, I left with 3/4 pail large, and half pail of small

Offline vtcountrychamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #91 on: Mar 29, 2017, 06:03 PM »
We went out today, there's still about 6 inches of ice. The bite was steady from 7-11 then slowed a bit. Fish are still there tho,  we got 3 buckets full and had to start filling the sleds. Was a great possible last outing. Sunday's fish were bigger than the ones today but definitely still fun. One of my buddies lost a real nice pike at the hole and another guy near us caught a nice one. Anyone going out just need to watch out for some of the old holes that are staying open but hopefully the cold nights coming will make the ice stay for a little longer. Good luck and tight lines.

The last two times I've been out white perch fishing there, people have caught pike on there rods. And on Sunday someone caught a nice laker.

Offline perch bait

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lil' Crayfish
« Reply #92 on: Mar 29, 2017, 06:15 PM »
The last two times I've been out white perch fishing there, people have caught pike on there rods. And on Sunday someone caught a nice laker.
WHOA!!  :o An inland sea laker! Congrats to the angler who caught it. There certainly are a lot of different fish species that enter St. Albans Bay.
Perch bait- a small minnow that can have big results in the ice fishing game.  :icefish:
My Blog: https://jacobcrawford8.wixsite.com/pboutdooradventure

Offline catfish4577

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #93 on: Mar 29, 2017, 08:35 PM »
We fished the bay today also and had a wonderful time. Met some nice guys out their and got a pail of fish each.

Offline mudchuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #94 on: Mar 30, 2017, 07:00 AM »
WHOA!!  :o An inland sea laker! Congrats to the angler who caught it. There certainly are a lot of different fish species that enter St. Albans Bay.

I caught a throwback wally at Hathaway point before the February thaw, caught a nice pike and smally there a two weeksends back, and have caught browns in the bay a few years back too.
Caught smelt there last year along the shoreline from the boat launch to the point too.
Very diverse to say the least.

Offline Crayfish2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #95 on: Mar 30, 2017, 07:43 AM »
How's the ice holding up, Catfish?  A guy from work was thinking of heading up there this weekend, but I didn't know what to tell him as far as ice goes.

Offline catfish4577

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #96 on: Mar 30, 2017, 08:36 AM »
The ice was good where you could see it. But with a warm day it could get bad fast. some of the ice looks very un safe so if it gets snow on it i wood not even think of it.
We were the first out on Wednesday and i put on my life vest PFD intel i could see how thick and how hard the ice was but if it had snow on it NO WAY.

Offline koissu

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #97 on: Mar 31, 2017, 07:00 AM »
Went out yesterday from 3:30-8:30. Ice was still good, but there was 3-4" of slush/water in spots. After moving around all afternoon and fishing with Yeti for a bit when his sonar died, got into a school of whites from about 7-8:30. Managed half a pail and a lot nice sized ones.

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #98 on: Apr 01, 2017, 03:58 AM »
I went after work yesterday and filled almost 3 buckets, BUT there is some VERY VERY sketchy ice and this snow is now hiding all.of the weak spots, so I'm not going back out to risk it. There is still 4" of water in many spots along with new pressure cracks opening up. Almost walked right into one on the way in last night.

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #99 on: Apr 01, 2017, 07:18 AM »
Wow surprised there was safe ice.
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline perch bait

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lil' Crayfish
« Reply #100 on: Apr 01, 2017, 10:45 AM »
I went after work yesterday and filled almost 3 buckets, BUT there is some VERY VERY sketchy ice and this snow is now hiding all.of the weak spots, so I'm not going back out to risk it. There is still 4" of water in many spots along with new pressure cracks opening up. Almost walked right into one on the way in last night.

YIKES!
Perch bait- a small minnow that can have big results in the ice fishing game.  :icefish:
My Blog: https://jacobcrawford8.wixsite.com/pboutdooradventure

Offline pokholes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Apr 02, 2017, 05:56 PM »
Anyone fish the bay today? If so how was the ice and the bite?

Offline got1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #102 on: Apr 04, 2017, 09:03 AM »
Is there enough open water for canoe or yak yet?

Offline Crayfish2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #103 on: Apr 04, 2017, 09:27 AM »
There should be plenty of open water by this weekend, I would think.  The wind/rain all week should clear it out pretty good.

Offline vtcountrychamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #104 on: Apr 04, 2017, 03:13 PM »
They're getting into the bulhead, carp, catfish and white perch on otter creek right now. I think spring fishing is finally here.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.