The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Beautiful state, fantastic people, many great waters!  (Read 1446 times)

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
So after taking a short trip to Kalispell, Whitefish and glacier national park, my wife and I decided its time for a change. We both fell in love with Montana and we will be relocating there, hopefully before next winter. We met so many awesome friendly helpful people during our visit. The scenery is straight out of a Hollywood movie, awe inspiring to say the least!  I don't think there's a better place to live the 2nd half of our lives! I hope to meet some of you great anglers and learn about the ins and outs of Montana fishing. I'm really looking forward to fishing and hiking this phenomenal state. So thank you for being exactly what we were looking for! Have a great day ,Keith.  :tipup:

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
Re: Beautiful state, fantastic people, many great waters!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2017, 02:51 PM »
Good to hear you both had a great trip Keith.  :thumbsup:
Best of luck to you with relocating & getting yourselves set up to live in the great state of Montana.
Please keep us posted & I look forward to some periodic updates !!

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2017, 03:27 PM »
Good to hear you both had a great trip Keith.  :thumbsup:
Best of luck to you with relocating & getting yourselves set up to live in the great state of Montana.
Please keep us posted & I look forward to some periodic updates !!

Thank you! Appreciated! Relocating will be a tad easier with my brother in law already living in Kalispell. I believe we are coming back at the end of July to start the process. If you head over to the Massachusetts page, I posted some pictures and a story of our frozen hell ride from Ohio to Mass in a blizzard.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2017, 03:48 PM »
Pretty cool Keith :)

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2017, 05:23 PM »
Pretty cool Keith :)
Hey what's that "team hippie fish " thing all about under your comments?  (~);}

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 20, 2017, 09:11 PM »
feel free to pm me...being a farmer type guy..pretty busy from snow off to snow on...but if you are the type that loves getting a kayak or canoe out on a long summer nite...fly fishing  for trout...or gently twitching a 7 inch watermelon powerbait worm ..bouncing it off the bottom for smallies..or monster pike..i'd be more than happy to give ya a montana welcome...

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #6 on: Mar 20, 2017, 11:33 PM »
feel free to pm me...being a farmer type guy..pretty busy from snow off to snow on...but if you are the type that loves getting a kayak or canoe out on a long summer nite...fly fishing  for trout...or gently twitching a 7 inch watermelon powerbait worm ..bouncing it off the bottom for smallies..or monster pike..i'd be more than happy to give ya a montana welcome...
Most of my fishing last summer was night fishing top water for bass. I'm not a fan of the humid sunny days. Also tossing 10" worms for bass on the not so humid sunny days. When it comes to ice fishing, dawn to dusk, any conditions. I'm looking forward to trying to catch the variety of species out that way 👍.  I'll be sure to pm you when we get settled, thank you!

Offline manitron2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Sep 05, 2017, 10:21 AM »
Montana is inheriting a great fisherman and a good friend. When he says dawn to dusk ,he truly means it. Gonna miss your company but I am happy that you are going to experience some new adventures. Tight lines, my friend.
Get off the fence and protect your rights!

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #10 on: Sep 08, 2017, 07:12 PM »
our two seasons....smoke and snow....its time to strt removing fuels from our forests. I love how the so called "enviromentalists" litigate every timber sale to prevent them from happening and then those forests that were meant to be managed then burn to the ground and are only usable by birds and small mammals...

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #11 on: Sep 08, 2017, 07:36 PM »
More on Montana's fires.... http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/wildfires/evacuation-orders-for-highway-200-complex-outside-thompson-falls/615852172

Thanks Tom!!

Thank you for sharing it, Mike.    :bow:   

It's just up the Clark Fork River from me.  I have really tested me lungs for a week now, wheeze.     :sick:

Tom

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.