The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Perch Assault Tournament Discussion and Info  (Read 51111 times)

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
Perch Assault Tournament Discussion and Info
« on: Dec 11, 2011, 12:55 PM »
Hello all you Perch Assaulters!  This is where we will discuss the upcoming tournaments, maybe arrange some teamate groupings, share info and issue challenges!

One month away, time to get those entry forms in.

Two things to clarify right off the bat:

NO PERCH ASSAULT ON LAKE FRANCES THIS YEAR

PERCH ASSAULT TOURNAMENTS ARE ALWAYS PER TEAM FOR THE ENTRY. $75 per team for Middle Thompson (One day event) and $150 per team for LMR (2 day event)
(FWP has us listed at $ per person on their derby list...)
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My kids can out fish you!
Re: Perch Assault Tournament Discussion and Info
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2011, 04:13 PM »
Mike,

Are these updated from last years design?  I know there was talk about larger eyes on the 3 eyes closest to the tip.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Kids that hunt, fish, and trap don't rob anyone's grandma!

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2011, 04:21 PM »
Cool Mike.  I hope to fish the Middle Thompson event with my wife.  Should be fun.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2011, 06:23 PM »
No, they are the exact same as last year.  We tried the different eyes, but it did make a difference in the way the rod loaded.  And it looked like crap.

I find a little of whatever scent you are using, like shrimp oil, a little on the fingers and a quick squeeze of the eyes, every so often, will keep water from sticking thus freezing.  Those wire eyes are small, so dont hold a lot of water, but they do freeze up...  :(

I tell ya, the first time I used one on Kokanee, I took all my reels off all my other kokanee rods...'cept for one 5' deep rig.
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline Jim F

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2011, 10:39 PM »
I bought one of the 42 inchers last winter and it is may favorite go to rod now.
I wish I would have won the one you gave away the seminar today Mike!
Get bit!

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2011, 01:10 AM »
I found the rods with 4# test froze up less than the rods I had loaded with 6# test.  I didn't get to try the rods I loaded with braid yet so I will report back on that.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2011, 10:52 AM »
Meant to post the pics last night...will try this evening.

Available at Havre, Great Falls and Ponderay Big R stores, Dons in Lewistown, Ronan Sports and Western, Black Sheep in Coeur d Alene, Fins and Feathers in Coeur d Alene, and of course Snappy's and Zimmers in Pablo.

Will also have some for sale at the Great Rockies Sport Show in Billings Jan 20-22nd.

Offline i c

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2011, 07:44 PM »
ya would love to see some pics.. thanks

Offline TheHump

• IceShanty Rookie
  • WD-40 Airplane shh don't tell
« Reply #8 on: Dec 12, 2011, 08:36 PM »
I saw a prototype last year and it broke while i was looking at it

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #9 on: Dec 12, 2011, 10:59 PM »
Well, send it to me and I'll replace it :o

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #10 on: Dec 12, 2011, 11:07 PM »

Here are some pics

Offline all4elk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 12, 2011, 11:14 PM »
Nice looking poles.how much they running? Would like to get one but not sure if I will make it to any stores that sells them.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #12 on: Dec 12, 2011, 11:21 PM »
Retail is 19.99 Zimmer in Pablo...

Offline all4elk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 12, 2011, 11:28 PM »
Thanks going to see if I can make up that way.

Offline Krakkon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 13, 2011, 10:27 AM »
Do just certain Big R stores carry them?

Offline TLKN2LK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 13, 2011, 03:23 PM »
Are they available on line anywhere?

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #16 on: Dec 13, 2011, 06:32 PM »
I want to invite everyone to come out to Smith Lake this Saturday from 10-2 for ice fishing equipment demo sonsored by Snappy's.

We will have all the Marcum product (EXCEPT the LX-7), the Jiffy Propane auger, new Strike Master Solo augers, the Otter fish houses, underwater cameras, tip-ups, and tons more stuff.

Come on out, try before you buy, ask questions, talk to folks who use the gear you are interested in.  Only Snappy's is this dedicated to ice fishing, so I hope everyone takes advantage of this.  If its a good turnout, we'll do it again next year!

Oh, and you won't want to miss the new Perch Assault tournament trailer that should be making its debut Saturday!!! :woot: :woot: :woot:

Look forward to seeing you there!

Offline icing_perch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 14, 2011, 08:57 AM »
Went into Big R in GF yesterday and the guy looked at me like I was stupid when I asked about the Perch Assault Rods.  Not sure if they sold out already or just the guy working there didn't have a clue.  I found all the ice rods they had but nothing even showing where they had the Perch Assault rods to begin with.  Can you check into this.  Looking for a few new rods this year.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #18 on: Dec 14, 2011, 09:28 AM »
I will look into it.  They received them early last week, so not sure why they wouldn't have them available...

Offline Robbi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Dec 15, 2011, 04:47 PM »
Went to Big R today (Great Falls) and asked about the rods.  Shane checked and said that they list 24 on order, but have received none.  Soooooooooo, that's today's scoop.....

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
Re: Perch Assault Tournament CHANGE IN LOCATION FOR JAN 14TH EVENT
« Reply #20 on: Dec 15, 2011, 06:16 PM »
Didn't get a chance to talk to the buyer today, I will get it sorted out, sorry Guys and Gals...

Offline Robbi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Dec 15, 2011, 07:54 PM »
Not your fault Mike.......it's just one of those things.....by the time the season really gets swingin......we'll have em.....Thanks for everything you do for "our world"......

Offline Robbi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Dec 16, 2011, 06:32 PM »
Yee Hawwwww..........Big R got em and so did I.  LOL........Shane called this morning and told me they came in.   I called my fishing buddy and told him.  I just got home from work and now Jules, Joe and myself own Perch Assault rods.  Joe said while he was there they were going like hotcakes.......so I know some of you others got em too.

Just got done switching a reel over to it and now to get fishing with it........:)

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #23 on: Dec 17, 2011, 09:26 AM »
Thats great news...they had been sitting on the shelf at the PO on 10th Ave since the 8th.  Big R never got notified the parcel was there...

Glad they are there, and you guys got them.  Now go catch some fish and post pictures.

Best picture (judged by me) showing a fish and a good image of the rod will win a rod and a hat at the end of the season.  Email them to me as well...we might make you famous!

Offline Mr.GoldyEye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Dec 22, 2011, 01:03 PM »
Hey Mike, don't forget my pic with the big bow last year, I'm holding the rod, makes a good advertisement (hint, hint) and I also have a big ole walleye next to the rod that I got already this year!  Did Chancy tell you I contacted Big R while they were sitting on their thumbs about carrying the rods earlier this year?? I forwarded him my article on the rod and am pretty sure I did a hell of a sales job getting them to carry the PA rods!  Love the work and effort you guys are doing, keep it up!!!

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Dec 24, 2011, 01:24 PM »
Best picture (judged by me) showing a fish and a good image of the rod will win a rod and a hat at the end of the season.  Email them to me as well...we might make you famous!

Headed to Devils Lake the 26th-30th with Perch Assault rods in tow.  I hope to have some great pictures of big fish and PA rods for ya.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #26 on: Dec 25, 2011, 07:00 PM »
Jay,

Ate you going on your own, or hiring a guide?  We did that in '05 and I did a "tag along" trip for the first day, then struck out on our own the next.  HUGE lake...if you want a name of a guy, I would reccomend him highly...

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Dec 25, 2011, 08:17 PM »
Jay,

Ate you going on your own, or hiring a guide?  We did that in '05 and I did a "tag along" trip for the first day, then struck out on our own the next.  HUGE lake...if you want a name of a guy, I would reccomend him highly...

I'll call it a semi-guided trip.  We are working with Perch-Eyes Guide service/JJ's Bait shop in Minnewauken.  We are staying in a sleeper house on the ice with rattle reels in the house and tip ups out side.  We will run and gun in the day time and fish around the sleeper at night.  I have my Navionics chip in my Lowerance Elite 5 Ice Pack and will get GPS numbers from the guide of areas to work.  I can't wait to fish!

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Dec 26, 2011, 01:03 PM »
Sweet, I've fished with those guys before, they are great people and guides, they've been killing the walleyes, limiting out in minutes, you're going to have a blast.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #29 on: Dec 27, 2011, 08:55 AM »
COOL!   Post reports, can't wait to see some pic's

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.