The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: salmon lake  (Read 1085 times)

oldschoolben

salmon lake
« on: Dec 10, 2010, 02:46 PM »
finally' going out fishing heading to salmon lake to try to get some perch and pike any ideas as where i should try never been there have no knowledge at all on this lake any ideas i would appreciate

Offline fishin247

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: salmon lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2010, 09:56 PM »
You'll see a bunch of fire rings out on the ice where most habe been. I assume that's the place to go. Never ice-fished it myself.

Offline jimmerjammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2010, 04:47 PM »
at the far north end of the lake, there is a little parking lot on the left (if going north to seeley lake). park there and walk down the boat ramp. I usually fish out from there. do not go to far to the north, the river comes into the lake there, and the ice can get sketchy. You should see it, i would recommend driving past the the parking area, past the lake, then turn around and looking at the inlet, so you get an idea of where to stay away from. Anywhere else should be good ice that i Know of. I am not sure how far out you will want to go, check the ice if no one else is there. I drove by the other day on my way back from browns, and there was no one there. I walked out on the ice a ways and it seemed fine, other holes had been drilled, so people are fishing there. I didn't poke any, so i don't know. If you want to go sometime this week, i'd go. thursday is the only day i can'
t go.

oldschoolben

« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2010, 05:50 PM »
went to salmon lake today only saw 2 pike caught pretty slow but i got out of the house and fished a new lake so it was good yea jiggerjammer ill go with if you dont mind thanks

Offline jimmerjammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2010, 10:20 PM »
catch any perch or see many caught?

oldschoolben

« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2010, 07:42 AM »
catch any perch or see many caught?
no i didnt catch any perch did not see anyone catching them either seems like everyone i saw was going after pike

Offline jiggin365

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2010, 12:41 PM »
Went out saturday from noon-dark really nice day to be out on the ice.  There was some watery slushy stuff on the top couple inches then about 5 inches on the north end.  Seemed to be a little thicker on the west side of the lake.  Talked to oldschoolben halfway through our struggle and found he had no luck either.  Started in 18 fow in the middle and moved west to 14', then 12' with 6' of weeds, then in around 10-12' no luck.  marked about 12 fish towards the bottom on the vexilar that werent willing to take small marmooska jigs, northland minnow, or small jiggin raps. Maybe gulp minnow heads werent the ticket idk have had good luck on em in the past. :-\  Our group of 4 missed 3 small, what felt like perch bites, all day. sucked haha.  Saw one guy lose what looked to be a nice pike on a tip up and saw about a 20incher layin next to a guys shack.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.