Author Topic: Techniques for luring fish  (Read 2510 times)

Offline sr73087

• Team IceShanty Regular
Techniques for luring fish
« on: Feb 09, 2014, 07:43 PM »
So I recently started using my vex and it has helped me out quite a bit, however, today I noticed a few times I had fish that were interested in my bait but I just couldn't get them to bite. What techniques do many of you use when you see a fish approach your bait and not take it right away or you simply see a fish somewhere in the water column and you want to target that fish?

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Techniques for luring fish
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2014, 08:34 PM »
So I recently started using my vex and it has helped me out quite a bit, however, today I noticed a few times I had fish that were interested in my bait but I just couldn't get them to bite. What techniques do many of you use when you see a fish approach your bait and not take it right away or you simply see a fish somewhere in the water column and you want to target that fish?

Solve that malady and you will be a billionare  ;D

A couple of things you can try. Change colors or size and try speeding up or most likely slowing down the jigging.
Some fish are just interested in looking, they have no interest in eating. When fishing say crappies, try to pick them off the top of the school. Most fish will go up but most won't go down after a bait.

Look at it as a game. Keep trying different things and sooner or later you will stumble upon the winning combo.

Good luck in your fishing adventures!

WS

Offline scmelik

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2014, 06:26 PM »
thus begins the chess game.  Its a matter of finding the right size, color, jigging presentation that the fish wants that particular day.  When I get into a situation where I have fish that will come off the bottom to my bait and not take it the first thing I will do is to change size of the jig I am using but keep the same color.  If that doesn't work then I will change bait (plastic to spikes or minnow heads) if that doesn't work then I change color.  If that still doesn't work then I change presenations from horizontal to vertical.  If that doesn't work I go to the store and buy fish HAHA.

Offline rags

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2014, 07:08 PM »
Tie rock on stick , light end of stick , drop down hole , run like a you got a hillbillies daughter knocked up , grab net from truck , after it calms back down go scoop up fish

Offline feklar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2014, 07:35 PM »
Raise the bait above the fish slowly, sometimes they are afraid the food is leaving and they will snack it up.

Make it quiver vs big jigs.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2014, 09:22 PM »
Tie rock on stick , light end of stick , drop down hole , run like a you got a hillbillies daughter knocked up , grab net from truck , after it calms back down go scoop up fish

I always wondered what the correct thing to do was when you knocked up a hillbillies daughter.

WS

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2014, 10:36 PM »

LMAO, it will get the job done.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Tmaida17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2014, 10:52 PM »
thus begins the chess game.  Its a matter of finding the right size, color, jigging presentation that the fish wants that particular day.  When I get into a situation where I have fish that will come off the bottom to my bait and not take it the first thing I will do is to change size of the jig I am using but keep the same color.  If that doesn't work then I will change bait (plastic to spikes or minnow heads) if that doesn't work then I change color.  If that still doesn't work then I change presenations from horizontal to vertical.  If that doesn't work I go to the store and buy fish HAHA.

I wouldn't go by his method bc I use to and ended up with 3 aquariums worth of fish I purchased haha jk

Offline Tmaida17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2014, 10:53 PM »
I always wondered what the correct thing to do was when you knocked up a hillbillies daughter.

WS

Just make sure you zigzag to avoid the bullets lol

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Feb 13, 2014, 02:43 PM »
If after all these methods don't work,Just go home and blame it on the moon. That is what I do.
<===Lefty===

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2014, 07:17 PM »
If after all these methods don't work,Just go home and blame it on the moon. That is what I do.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

WS

Offline Johnsonarcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 13, 2014, 09:26 PM »
Just make sure you zigzag to avoid the bullets lol

Most hillbillies use shotguns though......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.