Author Topic: Helmet  (Read 4207 times)

Offline perchin

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Helmet
« Reply #30 on: Mar 04, 2007, 09:39 AM »
Sorry about the underline thing,not intentional.

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Mar 04, 2007, 09:56 AM »
I have lost a TON of respect for insurance companies after a very big one (biggest in the USA) announced they would quit selling policies in Mississippi. I lived there for awhile, where Katrina hit as a matter of fact- those people did not ask for that hurricane to hit. I understand alot of insurance fraud happened, but that is what an adjuster does, they investigate claims. Not right IMO

Offline elmerross

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Honoeye bullgill; size of a 5 gal pail.
« Reply #32 on: Mar 04, 2007, 10:39 AM »
In NEW YORK you have to wear a helmet,on a atv or snomobile.About 3 years ago me and my buddy were coming off a lake with no helmets on us ,and a sherriff was waiting for us to get too shore.When we got too shore he yelled at us and gave us both a ticket for operating an atv with no helmet.That ticket costed us $150.00 each.Well that tought us both a lesson. >:( >:( >:( :'(

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #33 on: Mar 04, 2007, 11:39 AM »
How about a different angle? How would you like seat belts and a roll cage on your ATV or motorcycle. I think there is a reason that there aren't seat belts on them at this time. Maybe they think that since you need to be able to get away from the machine if it tips or flips. Head protection if you are thrown off just makes sense to me. I had a good friend that spent the last half of his life in a wheel chair and died young due to brain damage from a motorcycle accident. All he could do toward the last was sit in the wheel chair and mumble incoherently. It was tough to watch, but I would visit him anyway and didn't know if he even knew that I was there. Does anyone remember why you can't buy a new three wheel ATV anymore??  It may come to the point that you either wear a bucket or pay a fine.  ???
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline empty hook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Mar 04, 2007, 07:43 PM »
How about a different angle? How would you like seat belts and a roll cage on your ATV or motorcycle. I think there is a reason that there aren't seat belts on them at this time. Maybe they think that since you need to be able to get away from the machine if it tips or flips. Head protection if you are thrown off just makes sense to me. I had a good friend that spent the last half of his life in a wheel chair and died young due to brain damage from a motorcycle accident. All he could do toward the last was sit in the wheel chair and mumble incoherently. It was tough to watch, but I would visit him anyway and didn't know if he even knew that I was there. Does anyone remember why you can't buy a new three wheel ATV anymore??  It may come to the point that you either wear a bucket or pay a fine.  ???
I saw a three wheeler just last week,not new of course. Don't see many anymore.He didn't have crutches so I figured he was being careful.

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #35 on: Mar 04, 2007, 08:58 PM »
i always have my helmet on when riding my snowmobile, when hauling gear i usually dont have it done up but when the fishing dies down and having 0 luck i like to do some speed runs on the side of the lake where no one fishes and believe me hitting an ice heave at 75 mph and falling off isnt that much fun, nor is chasing your sled after you fall off.  :-\

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.