Author Topic: Took time off the ice/Took kids Florida Fishing./Nice Pictures  (Read 1341 times)

Offline Imissedem

• Team IceShanty Addict
What a great time fishing we had. Snook/ Ladyfish/ and even some Big Gators. All the success was at night just before the Marco Island Bridge. We couldnt seem to keep the shrimp on the hook.If you like trout fishing then you will love catching these lady fish on your ultra-light gear.WE HAD A BALL BUT IT WAS A LITTLE WARM OUT DURING THE DAY ABOUT 82 DEGREES SO WE HAD TO GO SWIMMING AT THE BEACH.

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Took time off the ice/Took kids Florida Fishing./Nice Pictures
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2007, 04:53 PM »
Every year at Christmas, I go down to Florida and fish for snook, redfish, tarpon, spotted sea trout (not a real trout) and in general, just to relax and get away from the cold for a week or so. I usually log on to IceShanty while I'm there, but I feel like I'm worlds away from that whole frozen environment.  I enjoy thinking about ice fishing and actually look forward to it while I'm down there. When I'm up here and it's below zero, I dream of Florida.

Offline blue mule

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LOOK CLOSER...
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2007, 04:57 PM »
looks like the whole family had a great time!

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2007, 09:08 PM »
wow great stuff, I tried fishing saltwater in florida once, and always had fish jump near my bait but they never hit it :D
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline saranacjoe

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2007, 09:16 PM »
Great job, Never been in Florida, my brother lived there and said fishing is Awesome. Don't know i think i would rather be on the Hardwater myself.

Offline teacup13

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • i need to go fishin'
« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2007, 10:33 PM »
i live in Fort Meyers last year... was building Tiki Huts... the only job i could put my line in the water.... go back to work, when i got a strike, stop working and tend to the fishing..lol

glad you guys had a good time in Florida...nice looking gators

Offline Imissedem

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2007, 07:04 AM »
Every year at Christmas, I go down to Florida and fish for snook, redfish, tarpon, spotted sea trout (not a real trout) and in general, just to relax and get away from the cold for a week or so. I usually log on to IceShanty while I'm there, but I feel like I'm worlds away from that whole frozen environment.  I enjoy thinking about ice fishing and actually look forward to it while I'm down there. When I'm up here and it's below zero, I dream of Florida.
without a doubt next year we will be renting a small whaler or john boat to get up in those canals and mangroves to get a better shot at those snook / my kids had a ball. the last couple of nights i didnt fish because i couldnt keep up going back and forth to there lines. Great time had by all.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #7 on: Mar 02, 2007, 01:44 PM »
Nice fish and gators Imissedem.
Good to see everone catching fish and having fun doing it. 8)

I have seen snook and ladyfish on fishing shows, what is the light colored one, a small grouper?

Any of the ocean fish look like a blast to angle for, I will have to try it sometime. :)

WW

Offline Imissedem

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 03, 2007, 04:34 AM »
Nice fish and gators Imissedem.
Good to see everone catching fish and having fun doing it. 8)

I have seen snook and ladyfish on fishing shows, what is the light colored one, a small grouper?

Any of the ocean fish look like a blast to angle for, I will have to try it sometime. :)

WW
I believe someone else down there called it a snapper/not positive/it was a blast on the ultra-light gear.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.