Author Topic: check out this bull  (Read 6595 times)

Offline deerslayer92163

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • perch,crappie,w alleye,steelhea d,northern,etc.

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: check out this bull
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2007, 09:31 PM »
haha I dont know where people come up wit that
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline deerslayer92163

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2007, 09:33 PM »
from the sounds of the article there going to have every tree hugger in the contry against fishermen and women

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2007, 09:35 PM »
these people make me sick :'(  :cookoo: :%$#!: showed this to my younger brother and he started laughing and saying they were crazy  :roflmao:

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2007, 09:40 PM »
lowlifes there freaken nuts :cookoo: i cant believe there going to put billboards up with that on it what a joke :tipup:
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2007, 09:43 PM »
 ???  I guess the tree huggin, bunny humpers will always try and find something new to try their hand at.
The fishing is always great, the catching however, always isn't

Offline pike-perch01

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline deerslayer92163

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 2007, 09:47 PM »
i dont know i signed into g-mail and there advertising on the webpage

Offline perch-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born To FISH Forced To Work
« Reply #8 on: Feb 04, 2007, 10:51 PM »
I think you guys should start and contact your congressmen.Are all Peta members completely Vegetarian and abstain from ALL animal products?Eggs milk products and fish are not red meat product. Are there wives and girl freinds on birth control pills , certain ones made out of horse urine.Do any of them family pets? Do they not immunize themselves or their family  . Do you think humans are the test models for this stuff. Nope its ANIMALS. Ya I have a Pet. >:(

Offline vanderhook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2007, 11:54 PM »
Um.....Uh-Oh.....Do you think the're on to us? :whistle:
"I'd rather fish than eat....and I'm always hungry"

Offline cagetrapper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta Love the Vexilar FL 18:
« Reply #10 on: Feb 05, 2007, 12:23 AM »
Ok....This really ticks me off...

I went to Purdue University for my training as a ADCO..(Animal Damage Control Operator) and that same thing came up...My Professor told us this..

Did anyone ever go to the dentist and get the shot that numbs up our mouth, cheeks, Lips..etc...so they can work on our teeth?

Well...when God made fish...He did something very neat...Whenever they get a hook in their mouth, they (the Fish) will not even feel the sting that a hook does.

The Fish will Fight because they feel tention against their mouths, and they are forced to either come to shore, or get landed by a net..

NOW...I want to know WHO PUT THE HOOK IN THE DOGS LIP......I'll take them to court.

Just watch..

It doesn't say..." no animal was Injured in this commercial, or it wouldn't make any sense to put the posting on a Board..

Stan

Offline Rat-Man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 05, 2007, 03:47 AM »
I have heard that this kind of stuff is going around in our schools and being taught to our children. I guess they figure it will take time, change one mind and the others will fall.

Thats why we must all bring new people into our sport, and thats what is so great about this site, lets keep our sport alive.
LIMIT YOUR KILL - DON'T KILL YOUR LIMIT

Offline pizalm

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Git-R-Done
« Reply #12 on: Feb 05, 2007, 06:22 AM »
Ok....This really ticks me off...

I went to Purdue University for my training as a ADCO..(Animal Damage Control Operator) and that same thing came up...My Professor told us this..

Did anyone ever go to the dentist and get the shot that numbs up our mouth, cheeks, Lips..etc...so they can work on our teeth?

Well...when God made fish...He did something very neat...Whenever they get a hook in their mouth, they (the Fish) will not even feel the sting that a hook does.

The Fish will Fight because they feel tention against their mouths, and they are forced to either come to shore, or get landed by a net..

NOW...I want to know WHO PUT THE HOOK IN THE DOGS LIP......I'll take them to court.

Just watch..

It doesn't say..." no animal was Injured in this commercial, or it wouldn't make any sense to put the posting on a Board..

Stan
I'm not on PETA's side but I'm pretty sure that's a photoshop or something from looking at it.
pour me another one, I'm finished with the other one

Offline hardwater Rick

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • THROW THE SMALL ONES BACK!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: Feb 05, 2007, 06:36 AM »
that has been around for years,, it is photo enhanced.

Offline last5oh_302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 05, 2007, 06:45 AM »
These people should think twice before ripping their next carrot out of the ground and cutting it up for their meat free soup. Oh, the horror! :o I hope they at least whack the carrot over the head before cutting it up.

Hi all. First post  ;D

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take me to your icefishing leader
« Reply #15 on: Feb 05, 2007, 06:57 AM »
If you wouldn't do this to a dog, why do it to a fish?

BECAUSE PERCH ARE DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a member of  P.E.T.A.:  People eating tasty animals
God forbid we practice autonomy for food.  The best argument for the antis?  Just ask them--"Who gave you the right to say how another human may or may not eat?"--It all revolves around the simple fact that they would not be able to provide for themselves were it not for the supermarket.  Another good thing to say to an anti (and by no means do I mean to offend the hard working people who feed us)--"Here's a nifty two word definition of farming I'm sure you've never considered--Surrogate Hunting."

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Offline mmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "What do you do with all the ice you catch?"
« Reply #16 on: Feb 05, 2007, 07:54 AM »
some **censored** signed me up for PETA as a joke and i still get their BS mailers. I swear I'm gonna borrow my buddies coonhound and call em.  When they answer I'm gonna smack him just a little so he starts bawling something awful.  Tell them if they dint take me off the mailing list the dog gets it.

I guaranty that you would have the cops at your door in a hour or so on an animal cruelty call.  Those little super freaks don't mess around.

Offline rich81

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 05, 2007, 08:05 AM »
this is rediculous. do people have nothing better to do with their time. with all the crap going on in the world i can't believe a group of people focus all their time on coming up with something stupid like this..how about spending some of that money on billboards and advertising and feed some hungry kids in this country who are living on the streets.... hmmmm just a thought.

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #18 on: Feb 05, 2007, 09:57 AM »
If grass, leaves and twigs are so good for you then why are there so many staving people in the world? It's also strange how people will listen to groups like peta, screen actors guild and politicians.
Steve

Offline Jig4M

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Feb 05, 2007, 12:00 PM »
They're out of thier minds! Don't the realize that they wouldn't even be here if man didn't develope hunting and fishing skills! And really.... What does give them the right to dictate to me want I can and can't eat or how I get it?
:icefish:

Offline empty hook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Feb 05, 2007, 12:10 PM »
this is rediculous. do people have nothing better to do with their time. with all the crap going on in the world i can't believe a group of people focus all their time on coming up with something stupid like this..how about spending some of that money on billboards and advertising and feed some hungry kids in this country who are living on the streets.... hmmmm just a thought.
  Peta would rather spend money on billboard advertising that line our roads hiding the trees they are hugging and the lakes in the back ground.

Offline scansy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Diehard Fan
« Reply #21 on: Feb 05, 2007, 12:23 PM »
They're out of thier minds! Don't the realize that they wouldn't even be here if man didn't develope hunting and fishing skills! And really.... What does give them the right to dictate to me want I can and can't eat or how I get it?

It should be no surprise they want to tell you what you can and can't eat.  There are groups out there who want to tell you how to raise your kids, how to own (or not own) guns, spend your money, what stores you should shop at, what cars you should drive, etc., etc., etc.

That's why we should all remember that freedom doesn't come easy.
Keep the tradition alive - take a kid hunting, trapping and fishing!

Offline last5oh_302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Feb 05, 2007, 12:29 PM »
You'll notice they don't have a "contact us" link or anyway to email them.....Maybe they're afraid what they would hear from us barbarians!

Here ya go:

http://www.peta.org/about/contact.asp

It was there but you had to follow a link to their main web page.

Cheers, Rick.

Offline Mr.Sodus

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Summer Sucks
« Reply #23 on: Feb 05, 2007, 02:19 PM »
Tree huggers maybe, but, anyone with a brain, I doubt it.
Centuries of fishing to survive by mankind; and now fish farms to protect natural stocks, catch and release by most.
I think we've come a long way from the "Fill the trunk with walleyes, Floyd" days.
They (PETA) only use weapons that sock the liberals for money with little tears in their eyes.
How about this weeks news that a PETA no-kill shelter dumped up to 100 dog/cat carcasses on the roadside last summer. Oh, they stunk up the van. No kiddin'. How about some dignity for those animals and not guerilla
tactics dumping bodies so their precious money supply wouldn't dry up? Hypocritical sleazes.
And what's with the dog on that page? Is that someone's pet? Or did they do that at a no-kill shelter before he got the pink injection? Or was that the blue fluid. Oops. "Earl, which color is good and which is BAD?"
Just live and let live and leave me the hell alone.

http://www.thisistrue.com/peta.html

Out.
Hey Charlie, the kid's got one on over here...

Offline JigAwhopper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted to ICE
« Reply #24 on: Feb 05, 2007, 04:21 PM »
I love animals,,,they're tasty,,,,dog,  yum, yum
but seriously, what a bunch of vegan morons,  fish have a very basic nervous system and can not feel very well with their lips, correction, they don't have lips,  but mostly cartilage so it's like pulling them by a nail or something.  Dog is not the same as fish,  it's like comparing a fish to an amoeba,,,duhh    :cookoo:

Offline jamesdegitz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Feb 05, 2007, 07:22 PM »

First off, there's only one reason the good lord put fish on this earth, and it aint to swim around and look pretty.  As long as man has been on earth, he has enjoyed fish.  Second, everyone knows what PETA stands for right????  People Eating Tasty Animals!  Anyone up for a fish fry? 
I'm not getting skunked, I'm just eliminating water

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #26 on: Feb 06, 2007, 02:15 AM »
 actually it is mentioned in the bible about the lord taking a fish and feesing people for a day, or along those lines (my memory sucks). I'm not highly religious (but I do pray a lot while hunting and fishing  ;)) But these people are going against what is written in the bible. What does this say about them?  ???
The fishing is always great, the catching however, always isn't

Offline ice023

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #27 on: Feb 06, 2007, 05:57 AM »
I am going to vent a little here, sorry. Just my 2 cents.  I am fed up with these kind of people.  They value an animals life more than a human,  they are happy that a human gets cancer because he drank milk:

New York, NY, August 27. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) have added a sour taste to their Milk Sucks campaign. On billboards, posters and bumper stickers they feature the face of New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani wearing a milk mustache. Exploiting the Dairy industry slogan Got Milk? the PETA ads ask, Got Prostate Cancer?

The fact of the matter is they do not care what they say and when the public is appauled by their actions they lie and say it was for a different reason.

Hunting and fishing has been a part of us for a long time, it has provide many of meals to my family and I haven't hurt anyone while doing it, we are on the top of the food chain and animals are not, sucks for them but it is in my opinion how god intended it to be.   If it weren't for hunting or fishing most people would not be here……….  I came from a rough family, my uncle introducted me to hunting and fishing, I am a firm believer that it has kept me out of a lot of trouble,  I was in bed on a Friday night at 10:00 so I could get up in the morning, keeping me off the streets at night.   PETA is entitled to their opinions and so are we,  I am proud to have an OUTDOOR FAMILY,  this country needs a redneck in office to straighten it up. 
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty well-preserved body,but rather to skid in broadside,thoroughly used up,totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW What a Ride!"

Offline walleyeslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish obsessed
« Reply #28 on: Feb 06, 2007, 07:54 AM »
actually it is mentioned in the bible about the lord taking a fish and feesing people for a day, or along those lines (my memory sucks). I'm not highly religious (but I do pray a lot while hunting and fishing  ;)) But these people are going against what is written in the bible. What does this say about them?  ???
why are all vegetarions fat?  why not  go to the inner city, and clean the streets of drug dealers?  most of these people would be insulted if you brought up god to them. but on the other hand, god forbid you should slap around a terrorist, or refuse him a fair trial, like oj simpson got...(just kidding about slapping the terrorists around)  these people suck, always lobbying for something.  cant find stuff to do on their own, so they have to trample other peoples freedoms. good luck, they will never stop hunting and fishing.  anyone tells me i cant fish, they better have their guard up, unless its a dnr guy or something
HeRE FisHIe FisHIE

Offline deerslayer92163

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Feb 06, 2007, 09:25 AM »
im not worried about them taking my rights to fish away its been a part of life since this country was founded the cave men fished its the idea of those self rightious people posting billboards like that thath will bother me
it would be like me posting a billboard that said "whats the hardest part about eating vegetables " getting them dressed afterwards. how would they like that

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.