Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607931 times)

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #19140 on: Apr 02, 2020, 12:36 PM »
-8F with -27F windchill.
Light snow.

We have 2 building supply places in town my preferred one is closed up tight.
The other is bigger and I would be exposed to a lot more people so I don't know if I want to deal with that right now.

Thanks for the reminder about the license OG. I'll call to see if they are open, I have the feeling they aren't. Not really worried with this social distancing thing going on.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19141 on: Apr 02, 2020, 04:05 PM »
Made it out with new license caught fish and scouted local area fisherman seemed to be at local hot spots. Cleaning continues. Good luck on the cellulose insulation Drifter. Hope you can get the new license on time DNR around here can take what they want besides fines.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19142 on: Apr 02, 2020, 05:10 PM »
Hope you can get the new license on time DNR around here can take what they want besides fines.

Got it!!!
They sell them online now I found out.
Can't print it but have it on my phone so have proof.  :)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19143 on: Apr 02, 2020, 05:38 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

Rain moving in overnight, this time they are possitive :whistle:

I spent about 5 hours splitting wood. I kept seeing WW standing by the splitter going like this :nono: :nono: :nono: I doubt I will be able to sleep tonight :roflmao:

I grabbed the card and checked it out. Twice Arrow was close but she never made the movies.

Hope you all have a good evening :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19144 on: Apr 02, 2020, 06:59 PM »
When I got up to get a drink of water in the middle of the night There was a strange thing in the sky. It was the moon. We have not had any clear skies in over a week. A couple of clear warm days guessed with rain again over the week end.

ww I was surprised to find that the eggs I usually buy had only gone up a dime to 59 cents. There was plenty of TP with a limit of 2 packs. It did not look like any one was hoarding it or paper towels. Only a few had their limit.

marv I have bunch of oak to split when you done with yours. By the look of what might becoming you way you might need your heavy coveralls next week. I would like to find some one with a portably mill to saw the three red oak logs I have. They should make some clear lumber.

Eddie I hope you do not have the trouble people in Michgan are having getting signed up for unemployment. Some have been stuck on hold trying to get to talk to a real person and never did. Even the computer system is backed up.

Drifter Have you ever considered building some sort of tram to get things up to the cabin. There are a few on the Lake Shore her to get stuff to cottages on the bluffs. I was asked to bid on an addition to a cottage one time, no tram, so it was a down hill then up hill trek to the place. It required hand mixing the footings and hauling some blocks and all of the materials. I figured out the price for a normal build. I then gave the people a price 2 1/2 that amount. The said that is high. I told them you get every thing there and I will cut the price in half. luckily I did not get the bid.

headed off in the morning to check the other place, pick up some groceries and more important to see her new pup. It will be three or for weeks before we pick her up.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19145 on: Apr 02, 2020, 08:23 PM »
Got greeted some light snow falling on the way home from work, Guessers saying maybe an inch or two.

couple more days off so will see if I can get into the clinic and have the shin looked at.  Not allowing walk-ins have to get an appointment.

time to bring in the bird feed.

Take care all
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19146 on: Apr 02, 2020, 09:25 PM »
Drifter Have you ever considered building some sort of tram to get things up to the cabin. There are a few on the Lake Shore her to get stuff to cottages on the bluffs. I was asked to bid on an addition to a cottage one time, no tram, so it was a down hill then up hill trek to the place. It required hand mixing the footings and hauling some blocks and all of the materials. I figured out the price for a normal build. I then gave the people a price 2 1/2 that amount. The said that is high. I told them you get every thing there and I will cut the price in half. luckily I did not get the bid.

TT I have this I'm working on.
It has a chain drive off a mobility scooter to move it.
Made by a company in Michigan I think for dear hunting.

I'm making a handle for steering and control and am also building a removable basket to go on top for hauling.
There will be a removable hitch that is over the drive axle that I will be able to use to move trailers around.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #19147 on: Apr 03, 2020, 01:55 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Windy with light rain on the Hill this am, 37* with a high of 47 today.

Jeff...that’s good news on your son staying on the job, best wishes to him and the crew with a safe project!   :thumbsup:
  Wally....thank you!    Best of luck selling the boat!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...excellent videos, nice seeing those Toms up close!   :clap:  Epsom salts and a hot bath will help those sore muscles today.   ;D
  Dave...cool machine, will be looking forward to seeing that completed!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...yes, Unemployment has never run smoothly in the past, understand it’s a nightmare at the moment. Will start crossing that bridge on Monday.  :woot:

Will catch up to everyone this afternoon, running a few minutes late this morning.....last shift coming up!
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19148 on: Apr 03, 2020, 03:04 AM »
Good Morning ER's   Mason hope your day goes well and they keep your crew together. Drifter good job getting the license and I think the new tool/toy looks great. Hope everyone has a good day.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19149 on: Apr 03, 2020, 04:07 AM »
Dave, that looks like it will do the trick, I like it, work smarter not harder.

The snow has moved out,  Pain in the shin are has been keeping me from sleeping, have had cold pack on for about an hour.  Will try and get a few winks in before the sun comes up.

Coffee is on, hope you all enjoy your day, if that is possible.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19150 on: Apr 03, 2020, 05:19 AM »

Good morning Everyone,
                      It's 37* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                      Eddie.........My neighbor has been trying to sign up fr Unemployment since a week ago last Wednesday, they he said that sign up goes
                by the first letter of a persons last name. His last name starts with an M so he was suppose to sign up on Wednesday, he hasn't been able
                to get through by phone or on line. :o I hope you have better luck. :thumbsup:
                      Dave..........That looks like a great way to haul things up to the cabin. :flex:
                      Bud............That leg must be annoying, I hope you can get some relief. :unsure:
                      Marv...........That's way to many hours splitting wood especially Oak if it's knarley. :blink:
                      Good morning OG. :clap:
                      Got some wood stacked yesterday before the rain came, I have another cord left to stack, then I;m waiting for a load of logs so I can
               get it done.
                      It's suppose to be showers today so it will be an inside puttering day.
                      I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or at home, Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19151 on: Apr 03, 2020, 05:41 AM »
Morning all,

WS......hope you were able to close your eyes last night  :roflmao:  take it easy today my friend  :nono: :whistle: ;)2

IW.....we'll be starting the annual spring blocking/splitting/stacking detail here soon too  :flex:  still about 4 face cord left over from winter  :thumbsup:

IFF.....sure hope you can get an appointment and get that leg fixed up  ;)

Eddie....hope the last shift goes well   :)   time to get fishing gear ready  :thumbsup:  how are things at your Mom's nursing home  ???

TT.....TP, paper towels, tissues still hard to find here  :wacko:  seems eggs and milk aren't an issue right now altho I can't say if the price went up  :unsure:  safe travels today

Replaced the cuddy floor yesterday, went from this....

to this....

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #19152 on: Apr 03, 2020, 08:31 AM »
Good Morning, Gang

Going to be a damp, raw day - cloudy, rain on & off, windy, won't get to 50*

Drifter - nice looking machine, if it keeps the back from hurting, build 2, 1 for each hand  ;D

Mrs. W.W. - If you need to lift the floor of the cuddy cabin fast, what is involved - it does look good

I.W. + W.S. - Don't over due the wood stacking/splitting/cutting, being on your back or in the recliner afterwards benefits no one

I.F.F. - Did you bruise the shin?

O.G.+H2L+45 - Good Morning

Mason - Do you have phone numbers of the guys on the crew so you can stay in touch with them?

T.T. - Has a name for the puppy been picked out yet?

The urologist called yesterday, I have cysts on the kidneys which are the likely cause of the bleeding-no cancer was detected in any lab. work-still have to have some kind of
      bladder scope done in office, will be scheduling that later today

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Happy Birthday-Happy Anniversary-Good Eats & Drink-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #19153 on: Apr 03, 2020, 09:26 AM »
A good Friday to the ER's. My wife is down to one week left for her treatments and she'll be VERY happy to have them done!!! We're following Samuel L. Jackson's advice, and 'Staying The F#ck At Home' I'll post the link to that clip, but if you're bothered by profanity, skip it!!!  Scroll down to the video and don't say you weren't warned!!!!!

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a32005295/samuel-jackson-stay-the-****censored word****-at-home-video-jimmy-kimmel/
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19154 on: Apr 03, 2020, 10:44 AM »
CapJ....no cancer, that's great news  :thumbsup: :clap:

OS.....lots of love sent to MrsOS  :)   good advice from MrJackson  :whistle: :clap:

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19155 on: Apr 03, 2020, 02:30 PM »
CapJ....no cancer, that's great news  :thumbsup: :clap:

OS.....lots of love sent to MrsOS  :)   good advice from MrJackson  :whistle: :clap:
My wife says thanks and it's actually 6 days left! Mr. Jackson is known for his use of the "F" word! I didn't want to offend anyone, that's why the warnings!! ;)2 :whistle:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19156 on: Apr 03, 2020, 04:09 PM »
My wife says thanks and it's actually 6 days left! Mr. Jackson is known for his use of the "F" word! I didn't want to offend anyone, that's why the warnings!! ;)2 :whistle:
Sounds like Navy talk to me. Lol

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19157 on: Apr 03, 2020, 04:45 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

Rain, sleet, light snow all day. Days like this make the joints swell up.

A couple videos. Arrow is missing in action.

Hope you all have an excellent night :thumbsup:

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19158 on: Apr 03, 2020, 10:37 PM »
Good evening cloudy day with off-on rain . I saw a sad story on local news yesterday a group of local dairy farmers received notice from their milk buyer that they would not be making any purchases starting Monday. It seems Milk sales are down  because of panic buying. This group of farmers will be dumping a collective total of 9 thousands gallons /per day onto their fields.
Eddie I see a news story IW is correct Unemployment is asking people to call in on certain  days based on first letter of your last name believe anyone can try to contact them on Thursday and Friday. May you have the finances need to survive until your claim is filed/processed and your checks start arriving.
Ice Wanderer sorry to read they found additional damage to wife's car may she not have to wait to long for the shop to get the parts and repair her car. Also may insurance cover the bill, Good to hear son#2 will be working until the bridge demo is completed.
Hunts2long sounds like the girls and scout had a good ride. Did they see signs of Spring on the trip given the more northern location and higher elevations in the Adirondacks sure you are behind my area.
Whopper Stopper hope you are not to sore after all the wood splitting and stacking. Thanks for all the videos guessing any jakes stay away from the hens when the toms are in their company.
Tomturkey may you get a few clear and sunny days in the coming week. Hope you find everything good at the other house. Assume your new puppy is not yet weened off of it's mom so you have to wait to take delivery.
Drifter good you could get your new license on-line . The cart looks "beefy enough to transport a sizable load just watch for rocks/tree stumps so yo don't hang up the electric motor or winch sinc both are mounted under the cart.
Old Goat glad you also were able to get a new fishing license and already got a trip in and caught some fish.
Wally world the floor replacement looks good. Guess now is the time to start preparing for next Winter  so the firewood has time to season.
Capt.Jim happy you finally heard from the urologist and know reason for your problem. May the virus related deaths bring about a change in Lakewood.
IFF sorry to read your leg is still a problem.
OldSailor best to your wife with the remaining treatments.

Have a good night.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19159 on: Apr 03, 2020, 11:48 PM »
always seems to be a problem of some kind, like having to wipe the laptop clean and reinstall Windows Operating system.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19160 on: Apr 04, 2020, 04:32 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  The rain has moved out, 43* this am, high of 56 today.

Bud...hope your starting to see some relief with your leg.  :thumbsup:  Any fishing plans for the weekend?
  Steve...very sad news for the dairy farmers, saw similar news here on local farmers also. My sign up day for UI apparently is on Wednesday, but I plan on visiting the site today for more information and see what happens. The UI system has always been a mess in my past experience, so preparing for my share of problems like everyone else with millions of people filing.
  Marv...thanks for the videos, wonder if Arrow was off getting Twitterpated with one of the Toms?   ;D. Hope you have an easy weekend planned!   :thumbsup:
  OS...we’ll be counting down the days with you, best wishes to your wife wrapping up the treatments!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Capt.J...like Wally mentioned that’s great news on no cancer!!!  Hope you were able to get an appointment scheduled yesterday.  :bow:   The crew agreed on sending out group texts to stay in touch..this should be interesting!   ;D
  Wally....very nice job on the cuddly floor!  :clap:   The last shift went well, bittersweet I guess, but everyone was anxious to hear the final bell ring and get out of Dodge! Going to start getting my Jonboat ready today, looking forward to some fishing trips for sure. Daily reports on my Mom have been good, but it’s been a very difficult time for the family not being able to see her. For the past few weeks...that’s been a pretty tough road.
  Jeff...guys at work were sharing very similar stories as your neighbor with the UI, hopefully things get straightened out soon.  :thumbsup:  Do you still have snow on the ground up your way?

Well, my 1st day off started kind of screwed up this morning....plugged my charger cord in my IPad and the top half of it broke off inside the port, DOH!  Watched a few YouTube videos on that problem, some had success using a dab of superglue on the end and getting it out....others picked away at it with a pin. Anybody here have a similar problem in the past...open for suggestions before I attempt anything, lol.
  Haven’t had bacon and eggs in awhile, so that’s on the menu in a few minutes...place your orders...Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19161 on: Apr 04, 2020, 04:45 AM »
Good Saturday morning ER's!! Looking to be a nice day today! It's 46 heading for 66 and partly sunny! A great day for the wife and I to celebrate our anniversary!! A stay at home celebration due to the current circumstances!! ::) I got the lawn mowed and checked the radishes, they're up and going!! I'm going to put in another  3'X8'X1" raised bed beside the other one. Our ground is all clay fill and a raised bed is soooo much easier to plant. Even the local tree rats like the easier digging!! ;) I hope everyone is staying healthy and has a good weekend considering the circumstances! :thumbsup: :flex: :bow:

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19162 on: Apr 04, 2020, 04:49 AM »
                                                :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:  Happy Anniversary Mr. & Mrs. OS!!!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19163 on: Apr 04, 2020, 04:50 AM »
Morning all,

OS......happy anniversary !!!!!!!!

Heading to the lake in a few  :clap: 

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19164 on: Apr 04, 2020, 05:11 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

18 heading to the mid 40's later today. They claim the sun will be shining ???

Happy anniversary OS :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Eddie I hope you will be able to get the broken piece out of the port. Will be looking forward to your fishing reports once you hit the water :thumbsup:

WW best of luck on the water today :thumbsup:

Capt.Jim Congratulations on the great report :clap: :clap:

Not a lot on the agenda here today other than finishing up my wood splitting at home. I have a couple of days of splitting at the s-i-l's from trees I cut last fall. The stubs are still standing so she is getting anxious to see them gone. Somewhere I will need to find about 2 more cord to finish up my 2022 stash.

Hope you all have as good of a Saturday as possible :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19165 on: Apr 04, 2020, 05:12 AM »

Good morning Eddie, OS, ER's,
                        It's 42* a day in the 50's is expected. ::)
                        Eddie.........Yes we still have snow on the ground, only on my hill, everywhere else it's gone except where it was piled up. :whistle:
               It takes a while here, the sun doesn't get through all the trees as strong.. :whistle:
                        OS.............I hope the next 6 treatments go well for your wife. :flex: Happy Anniversary to you both.  :clap:
                        Steve.........The insurance company will pick up the extra repairs, it suppose to be done by midweek. :unsure: That's a sad thing
               for the farmers. :cookoo:
                        Marv..........I know how you feel on those wet cold days, those are the days to stay inside. :blink:
                        Bud...........I hope the leg get better. :thumbsup:
                        Capt.Jim....I'm glad that you got the good news of no cancer.  :clap: :flex:
                        Wally.........That's a nice job on the floor.  :thumbsup: Do you have the trees down and have to drag them out of the woods or
               they already in a pile ready to buck up and split. :unsure: How is the ground conditions, it's still soggy here. ::)
                        Well yesterday I had to make another grocery run, my wife wanted me to wear a mask, so I found a red bright  bandanna and
               made my own. I looked like Bazooka Joe bud it works. lol
                        This morning I will be out of dry firewood so I'll be shutting the boiler down and running the oil boiler for a while.
                        I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or at home. Stay safe and healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19166 on: Apr 04, 2020, 06:44 AM »
44* this morning.
OS, hope you and your wife enjoy your day. MOWED is almost as bad as SNOWED.

Eddie, I asked the wife, she hasn't broken the end of in the IPAD, yet. Good luck with the UI and make the best of your time off. Look at it as practice for the real thing someday.

WW, looking forward to your fishing report. The floor looks good.

Started having very slow internet speeds day before yesterday. Called Frontier yesterday and tech in Mexico told me that we have too many things running on the network. We have no more than any other day and I do a speed test everyday. Our speed is down to only 10% of what it was. They are sending a tech out on Monday.
Tried to go to Topps yesterday but there were too many cars in the parking lot. Will try a little earlier this morning.

Hope everyone has a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19167 on: Apr 04, 2020, 08:42 AM »
Currently -9F with -26F windchill heading up to a balmy 16F later today.

OS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19168 on: Apr 04, 2020, 09:07 AM »
Looks like upper 50's for me today, another nothing planned today, but its still early. 

take care all.
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19169 on: Apr 04, 2020, 04:58 PM »
Went to the gas station for the first time in 3 weeks.
Needed to top up the vehicle so I can go play at the cabin tomorrow. :)
Also filled up 7 Jerry cans while the price is low.
It hasn't been this cheap in a lot of years up here.
I needed 1/2 a tank in my SUV. That and 5 Jerry cans was $188 Canadian.
Before this COVID-19 thing started it cost me $110 to $120 to fill the ole Honda Pilot.
The sled's got a full tank too. Plus there's some gas at the cabin so I should be OK for a bit. ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.