Illinois > Ice Fishing Illinois

First skim 2024

<< < (2/4) > >>

zcm_82:
Hoping snow misses us altogether. We got 2-3" this weekend, but it has almost all melted off already. Basically all that's left in my yard is the snowman my kid made this morning.

zcm_82:
Keeps looking even better for this weekend through next week.  :icefish:

fish333:

--- Quote from: bassin140 on Jan 07, 2024, 04:11 PM ---Illinois ice fishing is coming back f forecast holds true. My only fear is an inch of ice on some lakes before Friday and then bam 8 inches of snow on top of that ice. I would rather see lakes stay open and then build ice after snow storm.

--- End quote ---

My very same thought about snow on top of thin ice. Very Very  dangerous.

zcm_82:
All the skim is gone here. We picked up maybe 2" of sloppy, sleety snow last night, but the rain has burned almost all of it off this morning.

Doesn't look like there will be enough skim anywhere around here to survive getting sunk/burned by the snow Friday, thankfully, so we should be starting from scratch Friday night.

MysidEaters:
I was also blindsighted by the cold weather snap change in forecasts.  Looks like we might actually get some.  If the forecasts hold for over a week - any idea if the ice should improve for the following week?  Using the rough back-of napkin formula I was shared last year, seems like Ice could get past 4" by Tuesday, and maybe up to over 10" by next Friday (19th).  Anyone any idea how likely that really is for end of Friday / weekend?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version