Illinois > Ice Fishing Illinois

First skim 2024

(1/4) > >>

zcm_82:
Just out and about this morning, so I figured I'd just have a looksee for giggles and was surprised to find several ponds 100% skimmed over. They'll burn off with this snow/rain the next couple days, but it means they should lock up quick if this cold snap rolls in on Wednesday like the forecast is calling for.  ;D

Iroquois County

IlliniIce:
funny how quick the forecast changed  ;D was looking like no ice this year to "frigid" next weekend.
think i will start getting out the gear after seeing predicted lows of near 0 or below for seven straight days

zcm_82:
My stuff has been ready to go since about a week after deer season, just been waiting on the weather.

IF... the local forecast halfway holds true, I imagine I'll be out for my first trip next Sunday or Monday. A lot of it depends on what the wind does Wed-Friday.

zcm_82:
Looking  good from Wednesday forward.

bassin140:
Illinois ice fishing is coming back f forecast holds true. My only fear is an inch of ice on some lakes before Friday and then bam 8 inches of snow on top of that ice. I would rather see lakes stay open and then build ice after snow storm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version