Author Topic: O.K. what am I missing here?  (Read 571 times)

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
O.K. what am I missing here?
« on: Nov 20, 2018, 02:56 PM »
Got an email touting:

The new ICE HELIX 7 G2N All-Season comes with everything you need to seamlessly transfer your fish finder from your sled to your boat, with exclusive features you won't find anywhere else, like crystal-clear Dual Spectrum CHIRP Sonar, multi-screen viewing options, built-in GPS, and Interference Rejection settings.

For only, wait for it, wait for it:

$729.99!

https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.com/fish-finders/ice/ice-helix-7-chirp-gps-g2n-all-season?utm_source=Email%3A%20Fish%20Anywhere%20with%20New%20ICE%20HELIX%207%20G2N&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ICE%20HELIX%20G2N%20Overview%20Email

Wouldn't it be cheaper just to get a Vexilar or Marcus just for ice fishing and leave the Helix on the boat? Noise interference rejection? Isn't that standard now? And isn't GPX too?

And who needs all the bells and whistles for ice fishing anyway? Allow me to see my jig and the fish in real time with bottom zoom and I'm good to go!

Maybe this is supposed to replace the Helix 7 on your boat and then you use that back and forth to ice fish with?
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: O.K. what am I missing here?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2018, 03:27 PM »
One unit that does both.  So yes replaces the unit on the boat.  Throw in GPS, autochart live, waypoints, ect. Definitely worth it imo

Offline Bacardi

• IceShanty Rookie

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2018, 03:47 PM »
So you get rid of your Helix 7 and spend another $730.00?
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2018, 03:53 PM »
Not everyone already owns a helix 7.... ::)
I guess I can understand your point to some extent,  if you already own a helix 7 this option wouldn't be the way to go. 

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2018, 04:36 PM »
 then you just buy the kit to use it on the ice.  great unit, buddy has one and i will likely grab one at the end of this season unless a black friday deal pops up.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 20, 2018, 04:42 PM »
If you are looking at the helix 7 look at the deal Cabela's is having on them for black Friday 549 bucks seems like the best deal I have seen since I bought mine earlier this spring.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 20, 2018, 04:49 PM »
then you just buy the kit to use it on the ice.  great unit, buddy has one and i will likely grab one at the end of this season unless a black friday deal pops up.

A kit to use it on the ice? Did I miss that? That's what I thought the offer was initially, but then I saw the price and it was for a whole new fish finder.

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 20, 2018, 05:13 PM »
open water https://www.amazon.com/Humminbird-410290-1-Helix-G2-Fish-Finder/dp/B01MRHWYIR/
$393

The turnkey ice unit is 500-600
The all season includes the mount for your boat or kayak, power cord and transducer for open water, the ice shuttle with battery and chirp ice transducer

Catchin' Fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.